Confirmed Trade: [VAN/TOR] Sam Lafferty to the Canucks for a 5th round pick

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Vancouver is definitely built like a top team... they have the same pt% as Toronto

You can list off as many high scoring players as you want but as a team they aren't getting any more points than Toronto.

This and

It's crazy how bad the Leafs did this offseason and yet are still pacing the same as Vancouver... what does that say about them?

Will never not be funny. Perennial playoff contending team is on equal ground as a team that's been the dregs of the league for the past 8 years.

That says more about the Leafs than it does the Canucks.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Damn Shame.

Gregor on the left and Lafferty on the right with cheap one year deals would have looked really good. Both will toss the mitts a couple times a year, PK and can move up the lineup when needed.
Imagine how fast and effective that 4th line would be.

But Laffarty play is mostly due to his opportunity on the 3rd line in VAN. He would not have the same in TOR. On the bottom line here he would be less effective. And there is no one in the top 9 that would would supplant outside of an injury. I'd rather use that 4th line roster spot on McMann. Reeves was a mistake, but it is what it is now.

horner

May 22, 2007
But Laffarty play is mostly due to his opportunity on the 3rd line in VAN. He would not have the same in TOR. On the bottom line here he would be less effective. And there is no one in the top 9 thatm would would supplant outside. of an injury. I'd rather use that 4th line roster spot on McMann. Reeves was a mistake, but it is what it is now.
He wasn't really good forv us last yr and at the beginning of the yr.

He was offered to Edmonton for Desharnais
I think Edmonton GM was dumb .
Edmonton needed to upgrade there bottom 6.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Who would have thought a 4th liner traded for a 5th be a non stop entertaining thread. Love Lafferty he's been dynamite here but why is everyone so hot on keep this thread going? I mean not complaining as love reading the takes here just curious.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
But Laffarty play is mostly due to his opportunity on the 3rd line in VAN. He would not have the same in TOR. On the bottom line here he would be less effective. And there is no one in the top 9 that would would supplant outside of an injury. I'd rather use that 4th line roster spot on McMann. Reeves was a mistake, but it is what it is now.
He's played less in Vancouver than he did last year in Toronto and has spent most of the season on the 4th line.

ImJustJokinen

Vinnie Desharnais for Hart Ross
Apr 7, 2019
Cup Parade
He wasn't really good forv us last yr and at the beginning of the yr.

He was offered to Edmonton for Desharnais
I think Edmonton GM was dumb .
Edmonton needed to upgrade there bottom 6.
Would have been even dumber to accept that offer. D depth is scarce enough as it is without losing Desharnais.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad