Confirmed Trade: [VAN/PIT] Derrick Pouliot for Andrey Pedan and 2018 4th round pick

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
the pick is fair for Pouliot, not familiar with Pedan at all though. i hope Pouliot turns it around in Vancouver, i really do.

Empoleon877130

Sep 27, 2017
He just cleared waivers this morning.

Okay so that's at least a positive here. Still though, it just doesn't make sense to me. Why couldn't they have tried to get Chaput instead of Pedan? Chaput would fill a need at least and he has also cleared waivers. Meh, oh well.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
I would go on a lengthy spiel about how bad the defenseman the Penguins just acquired is, but that would be Pedan-tic.
without knowing anything about him and figuring Pouliot would be worth a late- to mid-round pick on his own, i assumed Pedan was just a warm body.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Pedan looked like a competent defender this preseason when he played with Tanev.

He played with Tanev though so that's probably not a fair indicator

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Nothing for nothing equals nothing.

Although I would bet Pouliot is happy because he will be in the NHL for a minute as he wasn't making the Pens opening night roster.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
I would say Pouliot has a better shot to pan out than most prospects in his current state, not that that's saying a lot. There's definitely some tools there. All of a sudden he looked slow as shit though, which compounded his shoddy development curve.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Pouliot would have been off to Europe in a year or so if he stayed with the Pens. The Canucks can afford to feed him more NHL minutes, so good for him.

Dugray

No Gifs This Time
Nov 22, 2006
Longueuil
That 4th round pick will probably prove to be the most valuable asset of this trade when all is said and done.

Leopain

Jun 15, 2017
People are hard on Pedan here in my opinion. He has the speed to not be a liability in the Pens system. He has size and grit, which the blueline is lacking. I think he will be a useful depth defenseman and maybe a 3rd pairing regular down the road.

The Nucks on the other hand are lacking in offensive-D, so I guess if Pouliot turns it around he would be a great addition.

All in all, good bet on both sides.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad