Confirmed Trade: [VAN/PIT] Derrick Pouliot for Andrey Pedan and 2018 4th round pick

Batrous

May 4, 2016
Good for PITs getting a pick for someone they'd otherwise waive. Too bad a 9th overall pick didn't work out for them. For a team as consistent as they are, picking that high is a rare opportunity.

8th overall pick. Still, it's a good move for the Penguins given he would have probably been a waiver claim anyway.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Pouliot is pretty bad but he does have a little bit of talent. Maybe the Canucks can get something out of him. This is definitely one of those situations where a change of scenery was absolutely needed.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Not that it matters now, Pittsburgh has 3 cups with Crosby and Malkin but outside of Dumo (who is a nice top 4D) they don't have much to show for that Staal trade. Forsberg would have been a slick pick.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I liked Pedan as a bottom pairing big guy. Oh well, I've always liked Pouliot, just hope he turns things around. Pedan will be good for you guys, he always puts in a shift.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Guess the Pens are out of the Duchene sweepstakes after trading the main piece they would have used to get Duchene.

Reactions: Viqsi

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
So it was this or waivers then eh? I remember Leaf fans complaining we didn't get him in the Kessel deal.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Amazing move. Loved watching Pouliot in his Portland days. Mark my words he will turn it around and be a #4/5 powerplay dman.

Edler-Stetcher
Pouliot-Tanev
Hutton-Del Zotto

I'd trade Gudbranson

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Man, remember when Pittsburgh had arguably the best future blue line in the NHL?

Pouliot, Dumolin, MAATTA, Harrington?

Reactions: Viqsi

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I think Pouliot is most likely a bust, but this is a good move for Vancouver

He may just need a change of scenery.

Benning can make smart moves when he wants too

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Good deal for VAN, but good deal for PIT too

Pens get a pick and a waiver-cleared Pedan.

Some of you may have noticed I'm a Pedan fan before, but I genuinely think he is a nice addition to Pittsburghs D depth and he'll be seeing NHL action this year

Empoleon877130

Sep 27, 2017
Pouliot isn't very good, but this is a pretty crappy return from the Penguins POV even with that. Like seriously, they couldn't at least try to get a center back for Pouliot?

Is Pedan waiver eligible or can he be sent down to the AHL?

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Benning has not made one bad move since trade deadline. And some of his bad moves are looking better (i.e Shinkaruk for Granlund, Virtanen pick).

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Not that it matters now, Pittsburgh has 3 cups with Crosby and Malkin but outside of Dumo (who is a nice top 4D) they don't have much to show for that Staal trade. Forsberg would have been a slick pick.
Well, and Sutter, which turned into Bonino and a 2nd. And Bonino was key to two cup wins.

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
I like the trade for the Nucks, but I think Pedan is better than some Canuck fans think. Also provides some elite (by today’s standards) toughness.

Pedan likely would have stuck with the Nucks but spent most of his time in the press box and Green said it was more important for him to play in the AHL than sit wand watch at the NHL level.

Very good fighter. Concussion history. Not a bad skater for a big man, rifle of a shot (inconsequential as he won’t get in a position to use it). Prone to defensive lapses at times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad