Proposal: (VAN) Peterson for (NewJ) Hughes (1st)

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
It’s comments like these that detail a thread and make opposing fans mad.

Your Gm would be fired on the spot if he declined:

Horvat
Boeser
Juolevi
1oth OA

For

1st overall.

Just a stupid and ridiculous statement.

We're not trading Hughes for Horvat and a pile of crap...
If you want Hughes it starts with EP, then you add.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
What else would you call a bust, mid 1st round pick, and a one-dimensional winger who is likely looking for a big paycheck?
You seem unnecessarily angry about this. You can decline a trade without trying to belittle players to make you feel better about your team by the way.

And I’d take our “one dimensional winger” over Nico “First Overall” Hischier.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
You seem unnecessarily angry about this. You can decline a trade without trying to belittle players to make you feel better about your team by the way.

And I’d take our “one dimensional winger” over Nico “First Overall” Hischier.
LOL:laugh::laugh:

I wouldn't trade Nico for the entire package of tunnel vision + 10OA + that bust Juolevi. I would even trade Bratt for Boeser 1 for 1.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
‘Elite’ defensive center? Really now?

Devils dont need a package of more when we have the pick to draft our best prospect ever. We have talent around whoever we pick - Im not concerned with filling in cheaper positions than our top offensive producer ever which Hughes can be.

No thank you. Once again Vancouver wouldnt trade it for anything that anyone on here would consider as even plausible. So dont make it seem like its ridiculous at all

I said he ‘can’ be. Or are we going to argue that too? Lol
i've been noticing your posts for a while now. your posts are always horrible.

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
Pettersson is 1st overall caliber ppg rookie, no way they would gamble Hughes to be better.

The Pucks

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Why are you tired of swedes?
Thomas Gradin to Patrick Sundstrom to Markus Naslund to the Sedins to Pettersson.

That is about 40 years of having a swede leading your team.

If you always date blonds, after awhile it would be kinda nice to try out a red head or brunette.

Reactions: egelband

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
LOL:laugh::laugh:

I wouldn't trade Nico for the entire package of tunnel vision + 10OA + that bust Juolevi. I would even trade Bratt for Boeser 1 for 1.

Jesper Bratt: 68 points in 125 games
Brock Boeser: 116 points in 140 games

This is in the running for the most asinine post I've ever seen. And don't worry. We wouldn't trade Bo or Brock straight up for Hischier let alone add the other one, Juolevi AND a top ten pick.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Pettersson would be gut wrenching to give up. I’d prefer Vancouver give up a more quantity trade like Horvat/Boeser + 10th overall + Tanev/protected 2020 1st, but I could see how NJ would reject that.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Thomas Gradin to Patrick Sundstrom to Markus Naslund to the Sedins to Pettersson.

If you always date blonds, after awhile it would be kinda nice to try out a red head or brunette.

Nationally shouldn’t matter really and the Swedes are great usually. If the player is great it doesn’t matter where he is from does it?

The Pucks

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Nationally shouldn’t matter really and the Swedes are great usually. If the player is great it doesn’t matter where he is from does it?
Everyone of them were gentle, well spoken, classy, nice men. Its time for a few arseholes to lead the pack.

gianni

Apr 8, 2014

I can't speak about Thomas Gradin or Patrick Sundstrom (b/c that's old school & I don't know how the team was built at the time), but Markus Naslund is to Peter Forsberg & Niklas Lidstrom as Henrik Sedin is to Henrik Lundqvist.

No offence to Naslund or Sedin, but they were a tier below the best Swedish player of their era for the majority of their careers. Elias Pettersson, as soon as next season, could be the best Swede of this era (overtaking it from Erik Karlsson). He may ultimately share, or lose out to Rasmus Dahlin for that distinction, and be what Niklas Backstrom is to Erik Karlsson, but last time I checked, Backstrom has won a cup.

Just enjoy that the Canucks may finally have the best Swedish player in the league for the next 8-10 years... I'd be more concerned w/ how to surround him, as there's still two glaring needs in the top-6, and certainly a major need in the top-pair.

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
nope. he is invisible in the worlds.

Must be a good sign for next season.

Anders Nilsson looked like he could be the best goalie in the universe last year at the worlds, but was awful in the NHL this past season. Loui Eriksson looked average in the NHL this past season, but is putting up a decent ppg average in the Worlds. Bill Nylander is doing great at the Worlds, but was below average in the NHL this past season.

Wandering Cynic

Dec 2, 2011
Parts Unknown
The only two players in the league I would trade Pettersson for is McDavid and MacKinnon. I know there are many players that are currently better than EP, but I'd keep the 20 year old 1C.

Reactions: gianni

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Ha the amount of stupidity in here from literally everyone would be magnified by 1000 if the devs take kakko instead of Hughes. I sort of hope it happens just for that.

Kakko over Hughes would be similar to Laine over Matthews.

fun to talk about leading up to the draft (for all NON-DJD fans), but the potential franchise Centerman goes first, and deservedly so.

I'm sure there are not many Devil's fans wanting Kakko over Hughes.

Reactions: Hischier and Hughes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad