Proposal: (VAN) Peterson for (NewJ) Hughes (1st)

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
For the Canucks, Pettersson has shown he can be damn good, while Hughes, in theory can be damn good.

Hughes is a very, very good prospect, but he can still miss, or be a lesser player.

I think Vancouver respectfully declines, while New Jersey keeps their pick to take a player who will likely hit and could be as good, or better than Pettersson.

Not really far off, just a trade I think both respectfully decline.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
A few weeks ago, Pettersson + 10th pick for Hughes (1st oa) was the 'both sides would hate it, but fair' offer. Now, just Pettersson for 1st would probably put NJD out.

Reactions: Smitty426

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
What do you plan on doing when the 3rd Hughes brother, Luke, joins the NHL? If you have a brother fetish go after the Stromes or the McLeods.

Plus, if there’s a team that should be uniting the brothers of the NHL shouldn’t it be Philadelphia (The City of Brotherly Love)?

Last edited:
Reactions: mize370

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
A few weeks ago, Pettersson + 10th pick for Hughes (1st oa) was the 'both sides would hate it, but fair' offer. Now, just Pettersson for 1st would probably put NJD out.
I have a really hard time believing more than a couple dumb Canucks fans thought this was a fair deal. This is outright robbery. This years assumed Calder winner plus a top 10 pick for a kid who has never played a game?

DomY

Aug 11, 2008
I legit think there is not a single player in the NHL that Vancouver would trade Pettersson for 1-for-1, maybe including McDavid. I am not saying they are equivalent players, but EP means this much to the franchise.

It would have to be a significant package including 1OA to land EP, and by that time, it wouldn't make sense for NJ.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I don't get why Vancouver doesn't do this - Pettersson is pretty good, but Jack Hughes could be anything! He could even become as good as Pettersson!

They do it because in this scenario they would want to pair Quinn Hughes with his brother. Not hard to figure out. This isn't a simple young star for #1 overall trade proposal.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
What do you plan on doing when the 3rd Hughes brother, Luke, joins the NHL? If you have a brother fetish go after the Stromes or the McLeods.

Plus, if there’s a team that should be untiring the brothers of the NHL shouldn’t it be Philadelphia?

I think Shero gives Chi 1OA to get Boqvist's brother and moves down to 4th OA. I mean Jesper and Adam together, why not? My backup plan to that is to get Kenny Holland to take our pick this year and give us Mikey McLeods brother Ryan so he can play here in Jersey. Maybe Edm will package Lucic with him just to make sure its sweet enough for Ray. So the deal would be Lucic and Ryan Mcleod for 1 OA this year.
These deals are so much easier when there are brothers involved!

Last edited:

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I legit think there is not a single player in the NHL that Vancouver would trade Pettersson for 1-for-1, maybe including McDavid. I am not saying they are equivalent players, but EP means this much to the franchise.

It would have to be a significant package including 1OA to land EP, and by that time, it wouldn't make sense for NJ.

lol

this Pettersson stuff is out of hand. Come on now.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Even though they Love Peterson in Vancouver, this will bring about the Second Dawning of the Sedin's Era.

Plus; Peterson seemed to get Worse as the Season went On.

Do Both Team Do It?

At least spell the players name correctly before you go back to your video game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad