Confirmed with Link: [VAN/OTT] Canucks trade F Alex Burrows to OTT for F Jonathan Dahlén

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Are you guys are you aren't reading it as "Dahlen, the former Sens 2nd round pick"

?

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
First and foremost - I think that's a strong return for Burrows. I'm equal parts pleased and impressed.

But more than that, I'm pretty melancholy. Burrows is one of my favorite players to ever put on a Canuck uniform. Seemed like he was involved in every big goal and moment that this team had for the last 12 years. To see him not only ship out, but also sign an extension and thereby close the door on coming back here to finish his career...that's tough.

He'll always be the biggest rags to riches story of inspiration this team has had, and he'll always be our Dragon Slayer. All the best in Ottawa, Burr. They're lucky to have you.

Expresses my thoughts as well. Thanks for this.

Scygen

Jun 12, 2014
Calgary
5'11 176 pounds..
definatly has a lot of filling in to do... He'll probably play in the AHL next year if not one more year in the Sweden?

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
Love Burr, hope it goes well for him. I'm ignorant re prospects but folks seem happy so it works for me.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Still a little surprised Burrows waived for this. Doesn't help the family stay in Van and playoffs are not guaranteed. those were his two top considerations.

They were saying Burrows can drive around 90 minutes to where he grew up. Probably got a lot of family in the region to help with the kids, etc.

Jarko2004

Sep 15, 2004
Vancouver Island
Don't believe that trade at all. Sorry but this is Jim Benning.

He would open any trade discussion with "Hi would you like Alex Burrows? We don't think he's worth very much."

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Still a little surprised Burrows waived for this. Doesn't help the family stay in Van and playoffs are not guaranteed. those were his two top considerations.

I'm guessing the certainty provided by a two-year extension for millions of dollars (and the proximity to his home province) were big factors. Stable future for his family vs. a short term opportunity to go on a playoff run.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
Another nice move by Benning.

I'm a little concerned about his size, and that he's in the second league over there, but the value is strong on this trade, so it will appease the casual fan.

Hope to see this guy in the league in a few years!

VanCity Millionaires

Oct 4, 2005
Vancouver
Very sad to see Burrows go. I'll be wearing my Burrows SCF jersey at tomorrow night's game for sure now.

Glad of all the teams he goes to that he lands on a Canadian team, and in Ottawa no less.

Finally, hard to see what Benning slipped into Dorion's tea that got him to agree to this. 6 foot Sweedish forward, 19 years old, greatly improved stats since drafted 42nd overall, with NHL bloodlines... Probably would have been a first rounder this year.

I like Burrows, a lot, but that is quite the return for a 35 year old player clearly in his twilight years.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
First and foremost - I think that's a strong return for Burrows. I'm equal parts pleased and impressed.

But more than that, I'm pretty melancholy. Burrows is one of my favorite players to ever put on a Canuck uniform. Seemed like he was involved in every big goal and moment that this team had for the last 12 years. To see him not only ship out, but also sign an extension and thereby close the door on coming back here to finish his career...that's tough.

He'll always be the biggest rags to riches story of inspiration this team has had, and he'll always be our Dragon Slayer. All the best in Ottawa, Burr. They're lucky to have you.

Yeah. Pretty much. Burrows was a Canuck through and through and it's kinda sad to see him go. But that's where this team is at right now, it's time to turn the page. Not many holdovers left.

And mostly...that's a really solid return. A lot better than i honestly would've expected for Burrows. I quite like Dahlen. He's got a ton of upside. He can also rip the puck real good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad