Confirmed with Link: [VAN/OTT] Canucks trade F Alex Burrows to OTT for F Jonathan Dahlén

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Sign and trade probably had an effect on the value, but if this is what it is straight up then that's finally a very good deal for Benning. Also goes to show like Bieksa that Burrows had more value than people would think.

Slightly off topic, but this is what I've been talking about in other threads in regards to a Hansen trade with the expansion draft. I haven't looked at the full list, but Ottawa is a potential playoff team that has the protection room to add a forward without much of a fuss. They're not going to have a problem protecting Burrows here.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I'll miss Burr :(

Nice trade though, I've read it's straight up. A 2nd on top would be amazing, but Ottawa can't be that stupid.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
First and foremost - I think that's a strong return for Burrows. I'm equal parts pleased and impressed.

But more than that, I'm pretty melancholy. Burrows is one of my favorite players to ever put on a Canuck uniform. Seemed like he was involved in every big goal and moment that this team had for the last 12 years. To see him not only ship out, but also sign an extension and thereby close the door on coming back here to finish his career...that's tough.

He'll always be the biggest rags to riches story of inspiration this team has had, and he'll always be our Dragon Slayer. All the best in Ottawa, Burr. They're lucky to have you.

Yeah well said.

I was hoping he'd be dealt to the rangers but at least I can root for Ottawa now.

Can't argue with the return though. This is the first legit prospect Jim has acquired in trade. Thumbs up.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
I'm still waiting to hear we have added a pick

BUT

reports are Ottawa is throwing in a 2nd?????? I feel like its too good to be true

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Entire Canuck fan base right now:

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad