Confirmed Trade: [VAN/NYR] Vitaly Kravtsov for William Lockwood and 2026 7th round pick

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Lockwood was the best player in the deal
No he definitely isn’t. I love me some Lockwood but just because he may be a little faster, a little grittier, and a little more defensively responsible that doesn’t make him better. He has 0 nhl level offensive skill to offset the little gain in the other areas. There’s a reason why he has 1 point in 28 games

He’s a perfect ahl callup if you want to insert speed and some grit into your lineup but expect him to contribute nothing else.

Kravstov isn’t much better but he has speed and skill to at least produce at a 4th line level while providing mediocre defensive results

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Wonder if Canucks will still qualify or not.
Might as well?
Though I'm not familiar with the CBA enough to know, can we still qualify him if we don't have cap space at this time? Or would he go by default into unrestricted free agency? (Found a link which says that QOs must be provided either by the Monday after the draft or by June 25, whichever is later [Restricted Free Agents (RFA) & Qualifying Offers | Puckpedia] but what if we don't have cap space freed up by then?)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Might as well?
Though I'm not familiar with the CBA enough to know, can we still qualify him if we don't have cap space at this time? Or would he go by default into unrestricted free agency? (Found a link which says that QOs must be provided either by the Monday after the draft or by June 25, whichever is later [Restricted Free Agents (RFA) & Qualifying Offers | Puckpedia] but what if we don't have cap space freed up by then?)
You can exceed the cap in the summer, I believe it's still 10%. If they give him a QO they'd hold his rights until he's 27, assuming he didn't come back sooner and/or they didn't renounce his rights.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Still speculation until reported by NA media.
That’s typically not how it works for the Russians. He reminds me of nuke in regards where he doesn’t have much interaction with the us media. I’d say they have a better pulse in the situatioby

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Lockwood was the best player in the deal
there is no "best" player in this trade. Just player who suck less then others. The guy the Canucks got is a little bit younger and has played 64 games to Lockwoods 28 games and ONE point

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Might as well?
An unsigned/unaccepted QO is not a contract, and won't affect Cap,
but would retain his NHL rights

Reactions: PettersonHughes

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Shocking! Isn't it?

He can just cruise through the next couple seasons with Chelyabinsk. When things don't work out that's his fall back. No demands there to get bigger, stronger or better. It's a shame in a way but talent without any work effort or determination is what he is.

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Canucks could retain his rights for three years while he plays and gets paid more in the KHL for two seasons. Only downside is you can’t control his progression(not that it’ll be anything to write home about). He’s like a worse Russian version of Virtanen, has the tools but doesn’t want to put in the work

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Personally I was ready to move on from this guy when he went back to his homeland the second time. We drafted him at 6'4 186 and he's still 6'4 186 five years later. He has a lot of skill but you don't get anywhere with the attitude that you can just throw your skates on the ice and that will suffice.

I guess it’s better than being 6’4 and 280lbs

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
An unsigned/unaccepted QO is not a contract, and won't affect Cap,
but would retain his NHL rights
During the summer, unsigned RFAs who were given a QO count against the cap for the QO amount--if it's a one-way contract. If it's a two-way QO, they count against the cap for a prorated amount based on days in the NHL the previous season. And they would count against the cap until they sign a new deal or the QO expires. Which is not a long time of course but it is still a thing.

Reactions: cwede

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I guess it’s better than being 6’4 and 280lbs

Well in the first 4 games he played for the Rangers this year he left with an injury early three times and he never came back and then afterwards there were some going like how come he's being scratched?

He's just about the same weight as when we drafted him.

What I heard which I think would help him is that Tocchet wanted him to stick around Vancouver over the summer where he could keep an eye on his training and try to build him up a little......apparently Vitali wasn't keen on that.

The thinking that he's going to come back to the NHL when he's 25+ a whole different player?--I don't know. Maybe. I wouldn't bet on it though.

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005

The thinking that he's going to come back to the NHL when he's 25+ a whole different player?--I don't know. Maybe. I wouldn't bet on it though.
That could make sense... it's not like he's gonna be the first Russian to develop slowly or get his head on straight Around then if so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad