Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] F J.T. Miller re-signs in Vancouver (7 years, $8M AAV)

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
What the hell? We all thought he was as good as gone. Good deal until he declines but we're seeing these deals like a lot now

Reactions: Devonator

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
YESSSSS heart and soul, but most of all didnt walk away for nothing.

This means bye bye Garland

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Some how this means is worth less then as a rental, and still won't hear the end of hairbrained proposals.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
People here saying it’s a good deal - look at our defensive corps and tell me with a straight face we can even make a little bit of noise in the playoffs. This contract is going to age awfully similarly to Jamie Benn’s
i don't think it'll be nearly as bad as Jamie's. Miller doesn't have a lot of miles/minutes on his body and his offense comes from really good in-zone play

but yes, directionally speaking, this is very questionable

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
People here saying it’s a good deal - look at our defensive corps and tell me with a straight face we can even make a little bit of noise in the playoffs. This contract is going to age awfully similarly to Jamie Benn’s
Were we going to sign a UFA defender?

Or are we stuck never considering a trade ever again?

Also, Benn is some how more expensive, and Miller didn't kick it into high gear until after Benn would have. There's a risk, but this is on the lower side of what I was expecting to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad