Confirmed Trade: [VAN/DET] Filip Hronek and 2023 4th round pick for 2023 NYI 1st round pick and 2023 2nd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
They think a top pair defender in this league doesn't make mistakes on a nightly basis.
Two of my fav D (no, I don't think they are better than Makar or Hughes and no I don't think they will win a Norris) are Hronek and Bouch! Bouch is my fav Oil by a mile.

Anyways, Bouch eats the same piles of shit that Hronek does on here.

And it's exactly what you just said in your post.

So an Edmonton reporter came out and showed some stats and they all made Bouch look like a superstar on D. He ended with a comment like this 'when you play 22 to 25 minutes a night and consistently have the puck on your stick, mistakes will happen'

And that's just it. Bouch/Hronek play in that 22 to 24 minute range and have the puck a lot.. of course they make mistakes. Using a forward analogy.. guys like McDavid also lose the puck and make mistakes. Just not as noticeable because when a forward loses the puck, there is hopefully a D behind them.

I often feel like this heavy minute munching Dman are compared to 3rd pair guys who bang it off the close and shot block a lot. You know, the guys that play 12 a night and 10 points a season while makin a million bucks. They have less mistakes and their mistakes don't become memes and gifs. But when you are top pairing minutes mistakes will happen! The key is how you make up for them over the course of a game or season.

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
If Im Allvin, I will cap it at 7.85x6. I have a problem with Hronek being paid more than Hughes
7.85 is a huge overpayment.

From a playing ability POV, he should not be making more than Weegar/Morrissey/Towes.

Somewhere in the 6.5 range is closer to what he is worth.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006

From a playing ability POV, he should not be making more than Weegar/Morrissey/Towes.

in a vacuum. he is a RHD that is top 10 in scoring, plays 23-24 min a night and leads the league in +/- and is not terrible defensively, his agent has a lot of ammunition. But yeah I agree with you. I am comfortable paying him 7, but market will push him closer to 8 with the cap rising, esp if they want to keep him long term, which his camp will likely ask for.

Weegar does not produce half as much as Hronek, Morrissey and Toews both signed their deals in '19, and they not not RHDs.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
The Achilles Heel factor is still there.

I’ve been one of his biggest supporters on here for years, but it’s still mind boggling, they would pay the man $7-$8 million AAV without him ever proving he can carry that 2nd pairing, 20+ minutes a night.

They’re not going very far in the playoffs without having that element. No teams do. You always have to have two, because it’s much harder to wear that d-core down, over a 7 game series. They may last a round, but they’re not winning a Cup without two dmen who can drive play, 45-50 minutes a night.

It’s why they went out and traded for him to begin with. So they still better make sure he can do it, before handing him that AAV.

They’re playing with fire, handing him that kind of money, to be Quinn’s sidekick. They’d be one injury away from showing the league, they have the worst contract on the books.

Reactions: ShakenNotStirred

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018

When did weegar/Morrisey/towes sign their contracts. Things change every year and cap goes up. Eg. Should forwards be held to Drai's 8.5 too? Because he is in for a massive raise. Or pasta used to make 6.5. Comparing old contracts with new ones doesn't always work.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Two of my fav D (no, I don't think they are better than Makar or Hughes and no I don't think they will win a Norris) are Hronek and Bouch! Bouch is my fav Oil by a mile.

So an Edmonton reporter came out and showed some stats and they all made Bouch look like a superstar on D. He ended with a comment like this 'when you play 22 to 25 minutes a night and consistently have the puck on your stick, mistakes will happen'

And that's just it. Bouch/Hronek play in that 22 to 24 minute range and have the puck a lot.. of course they make mistakes. Using a forward analogy.. guys like McDavid also lose the puck and make mistakes. Just not as noticeable because when a forward loses the puck, there is hopefully a D behind them.

I often feel like this heavy minute munching Dman are compared to 3rd pair guys who bang it off the close and shot block a lot. You know, the guys that play 12 a night and 10 points a season while makin a million bucks. They have less mistakes and their mistakes don't become memes and gifs. But when you are top pairing minutes mistakes will happen! The key is how you make up for them over the course of a game or season.

Not to mention quality of competition. When the top pairing guy makes the mistake, you’re likely springing a star. When the 3rd pairing guy makes the mistake, it’s likely only a grinder.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Not to mention quality of competition. When the top pairing guy makes the mistake, you’re likely springing a star. When the 3rd pairing guy makes the mistake, it’s likely only a grinder.
This

VD makes a mistake and David Kampf gets loose. Bouch makes a mistake.. here comes Matthews

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
When did weegar/Morrisey/towes sign their contracts. Things change every year and cap goes up. Eg. Should forwards be held to Drai's 8.5 too? Because he is in for a massive raise. Or pasta used to make 6.5. Comparing old contracts with new ones doesn't always work.

To your point, Victor Hedman makes 7.875 per year, Mikhail Sergachev makes 8.5 per year.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
So do you watch every Canucks game then? You're seeing all these mistakes you're talking about?

And lol, this guy. Not only does he say Hronek is the same player he always was, but he also makes sure to note that even though the Zadina pick was a mistake he still wouldn't have chosen Hughes but someone else.

Absolutely no sour grapes here. Totally not trying too hard. 😂
i never said i woudnt have chosen hughes. He was actually the guy most of us wanted on the wings boards (if i recall correctly). There were rumors that the wings weren't even going to choose hughes and we were looking at bouchard or something.

So, not sure where you saw me say I wouldn't have chosen him. I actually put out a whole revisionist history on our boards where someone said we wouldnt have gotten the prospects we have now if we had hughes and I mapped out how we still would have gotten seider and raymond but edvinsson may have been in trouble which would then make kasper in trouble.

Can we read a bit better next time? Or at least ask for clarification like "okay i am going to make fun of you so hard if you answer a way I think you will, but are you saying you wouldn't have chosen hughes over zadina?" Let's all grow from this, yes?

Drew Doubty

Apr 4, 2010
Vancouver, B.C.
7x8 would be value, 7.5 x 8 is fair, 8x8 is what it will likely be and I don't think it's a big enough difference to walk away from. I have my doubts about him, he makes big mistakes sometimes, and his rush defending is something to be desired. Still, he elevates Hughes to a level he's never been at before and that's worth paying for.

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013

You think he's worth only .5m more than Myers?

Wtf

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022

I love how bias you are towards your Czech mates, pun unintentional😂
Your draft rankings today especially lol.
Bouchard has really turned a corner defensively and I'm assuming having Coffee has had a hand in that when people shit on heavy minute dmen for making mistakes I always think of Favre a goat in his sport that has the record for most interceptions, of course mistakes are made when you play as much as these guys against top players and having the game flow through them.

I never take anything seriously from fans of the team a player gets traded from.
Last season wing fans made a poll saying Hronek was better than Quinn and as soon as he's trades literally some of the same people shit on him. Even their logic made no sense saying we have Seider who is not even at Hroneks level this year but why not have both and not have Petry or the other pylon his name escapes me ATM. Caps going up and RHD are vitally important.

Gotta say tho when I think Czech, I don't think of Hronek, I think Monica Sweetheart 😍🤪

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I love how bias you are towards your Czech mates, pun unintentional😂
Your draft rankings today especially lol.
Bouchard has really turned a corner defensively and I'm assuming having Coffee has had a hand in that when people shit on heavy minute dmen for making mistakes I always think of Favre a goat in his sport that has the record for most interceptions, of course mistakes are made when you play as much as these guys against top players and having the game flow through them.

I never take anything seriously from fans of the team a player gets traded from.
Last season wing fans made a poll saying Hronek was better than Quinn and as soon as he's trades literally some of the same people shit on him. Even their logic made no sense saying we have Seider who is not even at Hroneks level this year but why not have both and not have Petry or the other pylon his name escapes me ATM. Caps going up and RHD are vitally important.

Gotta say tho when I think Czech, I don't think of Hronek, I think Monica Sweetheart 😍🤪
Wait..I have a bias towards Czech players? I am outraged, aghast and appalled at this accusation.lol

Your Favre analogy is perfect!

I'll go one further..most missed shots in NBA history is Kobe. Second is Lebron

Somewhere there is an NBA forum and people are saying they suck because they miss so often.lol

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Wait..I have a bias towards Czech players? I am outraged, aghast and appalled at this accusation.lol

Your Favre analogy is perfect!

I'll go one further..most missed shots in NBA history is Kobe. Second is Lebron

Somewhere there is an NBA forum and people are saying they suck because they miss so often.lol

Hey you can always ditch the Oilers and cheer for your favourite Czech player, we have a Canucks Hronek Jersey waiting for you.

• Love
Reactions: Play

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Hey you can always ditch the Oilers and cheer for your favourite Czech player, we have a Canucks Hronek Jersey waiting for you.
I'm actually really enjoying the Nuck's this year.. a lot of it is Hronek and my bias. But, I love watching Hughes fly around the ice. Doesn't hurt that Hronek is on every 3rd shift or playing a key role either.

Been awhile since a Czech Dman was a big part of a great team with a great D core. Maybe Spacek/Hamrlik on a Habs cup run a decade ago? Kaberle for the B's when they won but he also got criticized for that run. I wouldn't say Gudas was key for Florida last year but I enjoyed that too... especially the 'scream' after the Leafs OT.lol

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018

They got roasted for this one pretty good.. to be honest, it's a good read in the comments section.

Lots of people hate these cards. I get it but they did bring up that Jfresh (who's model is very different) also wasn't very favoriable to Seider.

Anyways, just sharing if anyone is interested in reading the argument!

Reactions: dirtydanglez

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012

They got roasted for this one pretty good.. to be honest, it's a good read in the comments section.

Lots of people hate these cards. I get it but they did bring up that Jfresh (who's model is very different) also wasn't very favoriable to Seider.

Every time I see one of their cards come up on my feed, it never makes sense at all.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

Any model that suggests that Seider is performing at the 25th percentile on DEFENSE is a model that needs to be rewritten. It's like they don't know what to do with his Role Difficulty rating of 100 and just ignore it.

His workload is reason #583 that Edvinsson needs to be at the NHL level getting NHL experience. The sooner he's in the top four eating hard minutes the sooner we can give Mo some gravy shifts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
The Achilles Heel factor is still there.

I’ve been one of his biggest supporters on here for years, but it’s still mind boggling, they would pay the man $7-$8 million AAV without him ever proving he can carry that 2nd pairing, 20+ minutes a night.

They’re not going very far in the playoffs without having that element. No teams do. You always have to have two, because it’s much harder to wear that d-core down, over a 7 game series. They may last a round, but they’re not winning a Cup without two dmen who can drive play, 45-50 minutes a night.
Why should that matter when he plays so well with Hughes, to the point of elevating him to the Norris favourite so far? Whether he could carry a 2nd pairing or not was a Detroit problem, as he was always going to play behind Seider, it's not a Vancouver problem.

And you can say 'teams must have... to win the Cup' because with only 1 winner each season there's such a limited selection. But for an example for the most recent Pittsburgh and Washington wins they didn't have a big #2 behind Letang/Carlson. Right now just for this season the Canucks have the best top pair in the league and the combination of Myers/Cole/Soucy/Zadorov while they don't provide as good a 2nd pair as some other teams have make for a very well balanced 2nd & 3rd pair.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007

The role difficult of 100 tells you everything you need to know. Seider doesn't get ANY easy shifts. If he is on the ice he is playing against the other team's top lines and top pairs.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
1706469940145.png

Since I've been a booster.. I probably should point this out.lol The minutes are great but the offence is gone! Pluses are nice too and Nucks have been scoring. Grrr... go get some points Filip, you're making me look bad.lol

• Wow
Reactions: Play
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad