Confirmed Trade: [VAN/CGY] Elias Lindholm for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st, cond. 2024 4th

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
You can’t ever convince me that Kuzmenko has equivalent value to Lindholm. If it’s Kuzmenko + a 1st and a prospect than I’d be fine with it. Vancouver would have had to dump Kuzmenko for free
Oh no doubt. It wouldn't be Kuzmenko for Lindholm straight up. Vancouver is adding.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
I don't think the return for Lindholm will be that overwhelming. If you compare the two players, Lindholm has 11 points more in 6 more games than Kuzmenko. Calgary may like the extra year of cost-control of Kuzmenko. Lindholm has the flexibility of playing centre so I think that something else will be added to Kuzmenko but I don't think it should be that much more.

Reactions: McDoused

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
It all depends on who the other player is, obviously the first rounder is going to be attached

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
It’s hard to make trades

Unless your name is Patrick Allvin
7th or 8th deal this season already?
Bergevin watching Allvin making numerous good trades, but also acquiring a good centre.

cover4.jpg

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Pretty significant upgrade for the Canucks though, they are definitely going all in

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I don't think the return for Lindholm will be that overwhelming. If you compare the two players, Lindholm has 11 points more in 6 more games than Kuzmenko. Calgary may like the extra year of cost-control of Kuzmenko. Lindholm has the flexibility of playing centre so I think that something else will be added to Kuzmenko but I don't think it should be that much more.
Almost as if there is more to the game of hockey than points eh?

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004

Tocc absolutely hates Kuzmenko.

His lack of defensive intensity and forechecking has lead to him being scratched. Kuz is not a bad player, he just doesn't fit with our system. He + Canucks need a change of scenery.

aryanoboi

Apr 17, 2020
Lindholm has been disappointing all year.

If the flames are trading him at ASG weekend, they must’ve gotten an offer they can’t refuse.

Please take care of him well Vancouver.

Bond

May 10, 2012

His lack of defensive intensity and forechecking has lead to him being scratched. Kuz is not a bad player, he just doesn't fit with our system. He + Canucks need a change of scenery.
Doesn’t sound like a flames guy either. They just waived a guy for that

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010

Personally, I think Mikheyev has been the weak link on that line. I agree though that Kuzmenko is in the doghouse with Tocchet more though. He'll thrive elsewhere.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Lindholm has been trash, but will probably look much better in VAN. I think he is checked out in CGY
He plays better with good linemates, statistically and historically.

He’s a monumental two-way upgrade though

Reactions: johan f

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad