Confirmed Trade: [VAN/CGY] Elias Lindholm for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st, cond. 2024 4th

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
We need to know who the “other player” is before we know how this trade went.

Kuzmenko and 1st seems like it was enough imo.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
If the deal is centered around Kuzmenko I'd be thrilled. That's not a shot at Kuzmenko; if Calgary provides a true change of scenery for him they'll have themselves a true top line scorer. But for where the Canucks are at, they need to keep the cost controlled youth and prospects they have.

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Podkolzin/Kuzmenko/1st/2nd/Brzustewicz/MIkheyev/Bains/Karlsson/Lakkerimaki

Any combination of 2-3 of those is my guess

Reactions: TheFamousFart

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
So Kuzmenko will probably get re-routed by the TDL, right

I'm not sure why, tbh unless Calgary needs the money. Doesn't he have another year left? Keeps them running on the treadmill and if he gets his stuff together, maybe he fetches a higher return next year.

Bond

May 10, 2012
If the deal is centered around Kuzmenko I'd be thrilled. That's not a shot at Kuzmenko; if Calgary provides a true change of scenery for him they'll have themselves a true top line scorer. But for where the Canucks are at, they need to keep the cost controlled youth and prospects they have.
If the Kuzmenko is the centerpiece in the return than Conroy should get canned.

Reactions: Double Dion

VintageBure

Jun 7, 2018
I’d be okay with lekeramaki being the prospect but I really hope it’s Podkolzin or someone else. 1st, blue chip prospect, and kuzmenko seems a bit steep for a rental on a down year.

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Just....let it be relatively cost effective ok.

Call it fair pay for that 2nd you drafted Andersson with and in return the Canucks will also hand the Oilers their arses in a 5 game run as a nice addition this playoffs

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Weeksey wants in on the action

You know, it better be more pieces than just Kuzmenko. That’s like, stating the obvious

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
If the Kuzmenko is the centerpiece in the return than Conroy should get canned.
I don't blame you for feeling that way. It really depends on if NHL executives feel like he just needs a change of scenery. If so, in their minds they're getting the 39 goal scorer and not the Kuzmenko of this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad