Confirmed with Link: [VAN/CBJ] Canucks acquire F Tyler Motte, Jussi Jokinen for F Thomas Vanek

Status
Not open for further replies.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Really I don't know what is worst, not getting a draft pick back in a Vanek trade, on not being offered a draft pick for Vanek. Really pick your poison.

i didn't like the vanek signing. it took me 1/3rd of the season to warm to him much and admit he was good value for his contract. i still wanted him traded for anything of value at the tdl.

i just do not find it terribly surprising that playoff bound teams were not interested in adding this player.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
i didn't like the vanek signing. it took me 1/3rd of the season to warm to him much and admit he was good value for his contract. i still wanted him traded for anything of value at the tdl.

i just do not find it terribly surprising that playoff bound teams were not interested in adding this player.
So you're not happy right?????

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
So you're not happy right?????

i'm disappointed in motte as a return. i would have liked to see someone better. but if that was the return the market offered, i will live with it. we're talking about something we got in return for a very late summer 1 year contract ufa. he is found money.

Reactions: coldsteel79

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
i'm disappointed in motte as a return. i would have liked to see someone better. but if that was the return the market offered, i will live with it. we're talking about something we got in return for a very late summer 1 year contract ufa. he is found money.
We're talking Monopoly money...c'mon man, can't you admit Benning really f***ed up???

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver

It's not just the Motte part, its that we took a cap dump back to get Motte... a guy who really shouldn't be an NHLer.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
You guys are delusional, until I hear that another gm was offering picks for vanek, I’m gonna take McKenzie’s word that there weren’t any draft picks available for him, you guys keep spinning around in your hate-filled existence.

we are the delusional ones

yup, Vanek is a playoff choker that's good for 40+ points and capable of driving offense at his age

worth nothing.

coldsteel79

Sep 28, 2015
sask
Really I don't know what is worst, not getting a draft pick back in a Vanek trade, on not being offered a draft pick for Vanek. Really pick your poison.
I honestly think there will be a lot of GMs kicking themselves for not taking a flyer on him. He’s a different player than the Montreal version.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
You guys are delusional, until I hear that another gm was offering picks for vanek, I’m gonna take McKenzie’s word that there weren’t any draft picks available for him, you guys keep spinning around in your hate-filled existence.
Zero picks being offered for Vanek isn't the same thing as zero picks being available for Vanek.

Reactions: Kickpuncher

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Trading a hockey player isn't like buying a barrel of oil or a bushel of wheat. Your ability to extract a good price depends on your negotiation skills and salesmanship. People are working with imperfect information.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
We're talking Monopoly money...c'mon man, can't you admit Benning really ****ed up???

not only can't i admit it, i think there is a much better explanation. i think nobody wanted the guy.

this is a repeat of the vrbata nonsense.

flashback to the 2016 tdl. vrbata is a soft 34 year old winger having a terrible season with a $5 million cap hit and he garners zero tdl interest. to this day a bunch of people here say benning is an idiot for this "bungle", and hypothesize a "better gm" could have gotten something. yet not only does the evidence not support this, but there is clear evidence no play off team wants this guy.

come to the 2016 summer offseason and vrbata is still not in demand as a ufa. he ends up taking a $1 million incentivized contract with the bottom feeding yotes.

come to the next tdl, and boy wonder gm chayka cannot get an offer for vrbata either, even though vrbata's cap hit is now just a fraction of what benning was peddling, and even though vrbata is having a much better 55 point season (much like vanek's this year).

yet benning is still called an idiot over failing to trade vrbata. it's nonsense.

the reality is that at the tdl many gm's who are buyers do not want to add soft aging wingers who can produce (esp in the regular season) but who need top 6/pp time to do it. there is maybe a limited market for teams looking for regular season offence just to make the playoffs, but these are not the guys that gms add to try and compete for the cup.

so fast forward to vanek. here we have a guy on his 8th team in 9 years. he has been dumped by multiple teams, and bought out by minnesota. he languished on the ufa market most of last summer because nobody wanted him. prior to that the panthers paid a 3rd rounder for him at the tdl, and then let him walk (they signed vrbata for $2.5m instead!). he didn't help the panthers. and arguably the panthers only traded for him to try and make the playoffs, not with any serious idea of competing if they got there.

basically, both these guys jump around from bad team to bad team adding offence but nothing else. conventional wisdom in the nhl is they might help get you to the playoffs, but they are not expected to help once there. hence a lot of teams repeatedly pass on them.

Reactions: coldsteel79

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
i love how you are incredulous that someone doesn't take your word for it that benning is a flat out liar based on the pathetic circumstantial case you make by cherry picking a quote.

He said he wants to make a hockey deal. On deadline day he made a hockey deal. What about this don't you understand?

coldsteel79

Sep 28, 2015
sask
not only can't i admit it, i think there is a much better explanation. i think nobody wanted the guy.

this is a repeat of the vrbata nonsense.

flashback to the 2016 tdl. vrbata is a soft 34 year old winger having a terrible season with a $5 million cap hit and he garners zero tdl interest. to this day a bunch of people here say benning is an idiot for this "bungle", and hypothesize a "better gm" could have gotten something. yet not only does the evidence not support this, but there is clear evidence no play off team wants this guy.

come to the 2016 summer offseason and vrbata is still not in demand as a ufa. he ends up taking a $1 million incentivized contract with the bottom feeding yotes.

come to the next tdl, and boy wonder gm chayka cannot get an offer for vrbata either, even though vrbata's cap hit is now just a fraction of what benning was peddling, and even though vrbata is having a much better 55 point season (much like vanek's this year).

yet benning is still called an idiot over failing to trade vrbata. it's nonsense.

the reality is that at the tdl many gm's who are buyers do not want to add soft aging wingers who can produce (esp in the regular season) but who need top 6/pp time to do it. there is maybe a limited market for teams looking for regular season offence just to make the playoffs, but these are not the guys that gms add to try and compete for the cup.

so fast forward to vanek. here we have a guy on his 8th team in 9 years. he has been dumped by multiple teams, and bought out by minnesota. he languished on the ufa market most of last summer because nobody wanted him. prior to that the panthers paid a 3rd rounder for him at the tdl, and then let him walk (they signed vrbata for $2.5m instead!). he didn't help the panthers. and arguably the panthers only traded for him to try and make the playoffs, not with any serious idea of competing if they got there.

basically, both these guys jump around from bad team to bad team adding offence but nothing else. conventional wisdom in the nhl is they might help get you to the playoffs, but they are not expected to help once there. hence a lot of teams repeatedly pass on them.
Get out of here with this well thought out response, don’t you know dim Jim sucks! Hes so dumb!

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
It's not just the Motte part, its that we took a cap dump back to get Motte... a guy who really shouldn't be an NHLer.

a cap dump? really? we took a guy with $200k remaining on a one year salary off their hands. we have no roster constraints. you are going to complain about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad