Valtteri Filppula - the player with most championships in the world

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Not a player but Bob Harley won in every league he coached:
  • QMJHL: Won in 1993 with the Laval Titan (did not win the memorial cup)
  • AHL: Won in 1997 with the Hershey Bears
  • NHL: Won in 2001 with the Avalanche
  • Swiss A: Won in 2012 with Zurich SC
  • KHL: Won in 2021 with Omsk Avangard

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Does anyone care about CHL Hockey?

I live in Germany and I've heard nothing about it. Maybe just people in Sweden? I've seen passing references to WHC and Word Cups on Sky, as it is NHL relevant.

I would qualify Köln as having a better hockey culture than most American cities... And a sizable fanbase for the Haier.
I am a huge internationally hockey fan and I can tell you 2 things

1. the Championship was yesterday
2. I have no idea who was in it or win it and it was barely discussed in the international section

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
He probably is the player with most different championships in the world after winning CHL today? That`s European championship for clubs, he now has:

- Stanley Cup champion
- World Championship gold
- Olympic gold
- CHL gold
- Finnish champion
- Swiss champion
By adding the country stuff you open a can of warms. BTW Look up Corry Perry

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Tough luck. Change the schedule then.
Every other league is almost finished before may.

Tough luck? I don't care if Canada plays in that tournament or not, I'm just pointing out that in Canada, nobody takes that tournament seriously because for decades and decades it hasn't included the best players in the world which makes the whole thing kind of silly.

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
Slava Fetisov

13 x Soviet champion
13 x European Cup champion
7 x World champion
3 x U20 World champion
2 x Olympic gold medalist
2 x Stanley Cup champion
2 x U19 European junior champion(U18 EJC & U18 Worlds predecessor)
1 x Canada Cup champion
That is a brain meltingly awesome list and he is an absolutely legendary player. But I do think it is worth noting the absence of NHL player participation when some of those international accolades were won.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Pucklington

Mar 24, 2008
Köln

2. I have no idea who was in it or win it and it was barely discussed in the international section

I honestly didn't know it existed until he brought it up.

When I looked at the site, I vaguely recall hearing about it in 2015 when it was announced as a sort of Champions League for Hockey.

Problem with it. If the NHL Champion and runner up are not there, it really is just a European champion without even Europe's best team (KHL champion).

Looking that a Swedish team wins 90% of the time, I would tend to believe it is popular in Sweden and no where else...

SwedenIsIrrelevant anyways...

Don't truly believe and a bit of sarcasm on original user...

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Slava Fetisov

13 x Soviet champion
7 x World champion
3 x U20 World champion
2 x Stanley Cup champion
1 x Canada Cup champion
This cannot be beat, in my opinion.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Curious what his other nicknames. In his year on LI, we called him 'Weird Frans' (in reference to Frans Nielsen).

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I honestly didn't know it existed until he brought it up.

When I looked at the site, I vaguely recall hearing about it in 2015 when it was announced as a sort of Champions League for Hockey.

Problem with it. If the NHL Champion and runner up are not there, it really is just a European champion without even Europe's best team (KHL champion).

Looking that a Swedish team wins 90% of the time, I would tend to believe it is popular in Sweden and no where else...

SwedenIsIrrelevant anyways...

Don't truly believe and a bit of sarcasm on original user...
Don't get me wrong, if a Czech club won I'd probably care for a few minutes. But, for perspective, the Spengler Cup is considerably more prestigious. TSN used to show the semis and finals (maybe they still do) and a Czech club was in semi's (Kometa)... they benched half the team and the crowd was empty. No KHL team hurts it for sure (although they bomb at the Spengler when they do go) and Swedes are amazing at it for sure. However, I don't even think Swedes care that much.. but, of course, I'm not Swedish so I may be speaking out of turn.lol

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I prefer better quality hockey...If they held this tourny every 4 years in various locations, guarantee better players would attend
World Championships would become the de facto "Hockey World Cup"
The World Championships would still take place during the Stanley Cup playoffs, potentially getting a dozen or so more players from the NHL due to higher motivation would not do much for the tournament. The lower levels of competition on the other hand would become dysfunctional, many countries would stop maintaining national teams at all.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Slava Fetisov

13 x Soviet champion
7 x World champion
3 x U20 World champion
2 x Stanley Cup champion
1 x Canada Cup champion
Untouchable

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

May be retiring after playoffs? At least the title seems to imply it and Filppula apparently opted not to extend his contract with Servette.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I've read that 4 players who have won all major championships available during their careers are Fetisov, Larionov, Neidermayer and Perry.

Another interesting question would be who has won championship in most leagues. For example, in soccer Robinho has won top league championships in Brazil, Spain, Italy, China and Turkey.

raswilliam

Feb 18, 2008
East TN.
Mike Richards is up there.

Memorial Cup
Calder Cup
2x Stanley Cup
2 girls, 1 Cup
World Junior Gold
Olympic Gold
First and only player in NHL history to play in two series in which his team came back from a 3–0 deficit to take the series in seven games (Philadelphia Flyers in 2010 and Los Angeles Kings in 2014)

On the Kings payroll until 2032

1710519479159.jpeg

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019

I think it has something to do with local national circumstances. If a Czech team had reached the CHL final or even an all-Czech final, then I think the CHL would also be a big topic for you and you would then know everything about it. In hockey, everyone picks their own raisins anyway. :laugh:

Reactions: BruinLVGA

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Filp was a nice little player for a long time. A swiss army knife, which is fitting considering he's finishing his career in Geneva.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00