Raptors Discussion: v72| ECQF | (1) Raptors vs (8) Wizards | Raptors win series 4-2 and advance to EC Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
bebe needs to gtfo...hes atrocious. casey has really evolved this year, but why in holy hell he had that lineup in late in the 4th (bebe and brown, really???) was beyond me...hes terrible with his rotations. its the playoffs. i get that you want to keep playing the bench and im down with that, but when they are playing that badly the starters should be going right back in. casey almost lost us that game. anyways go raps!

Yea I pretty much disagree with this entire post. Particularly the bit about Casey being bad at his rotations. I had to laugh because that and his ability to draw up plays out of the time out are literally his greatest strengths as a coach and why he will probably win COY. We were nowhere near throwing the game away and until a team forces us to stop, we should be playing 13 deep every chance we get

I think there is a misconception about why teams shorten the bench in the playoffs. It isn't because they want to, it is because they are forced to. If we aren't forced to then why would we?

Besides you really want to limit the amount of time the opposition sees your better lineups

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Brooks was deploying the smallest rotation possible to get JV out of the game, so Casey tried to go to Bebe in hopes of winning board battles but he just wasn't mobile enough to defend. Once Ibaka checked back in it was pretty much smooth sailing.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Yea I pretty much disagree with this entire post. Particularly the bit about Casey being bad at his rotations. I had to laugh because that and his ability to draw up plays out of the time out are literally his greatest strengths as a coach and why he will probably win COY. We were nowhere near throwing the game away and until a team forces us to stop, we should be playing 13 deep every chance we get

I think there is a misconception about why teams shorten the bench in the playoffs. It isn't because they want to, it is because they are forced to. If we aren't forced to then why would we?

Besides you really want to limit the amount of time the opposition sees your better lineups
i never disagreed with using our bench in the playoffs, its what makes us more dangerous this year..but i have to disagree on the rotations. some of his combinations are truly head scratching. and hes very slow at reacting when a lineup isnt working(like the 4th last night when washington had the lead down to 5 before he put the starters back in)but thats just my opinion...im also salty how JV gets stapled to the bench in the 4th quarter in most games, bebe actually passed the ball on an ally-oop off of his teammates head last night (ibaka?) why he was on the floor in that situation was beyond me. anyways i used to hate casey..now i really do appreciate how he has evolved. but there are things hes does that i dont understand.

Last edited:

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Lots of criticism on Casey here. Yes I get that Bebe was rough but in the end the starters came back out and we won by 11. First time in franchise history we've gone up 2-0 to start a series, when god knows there were a few seasons where that should have happened easily. I like our chances against anyone short of GS and Houston if the bench can get their act together, which they've shown and more in the regular season they absolutely can. At least we're not pulling a Portland right now.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Wow Utah comes back with a huge 4th quarter over the Thunder. They only had a 5 point lead going into the fourth but letting the Jazz get a split on the road is bad for OKC.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
what happened to his dad
He's been in poor health, and I tjink this year its got pretty bad. DeMar has flown to LA a number of times during the season to see him. He sent the team a video from his hospital bed and the raptors showed the team.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Gotta take care of the ball if they're gonna win. Flagrant foul call is the reason players flop and whine, the refs will reward them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad