Raptors Discussion: v58|It's playoff time! Round 1: vs Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
Great night for basketball. Kobe's performance and the Warriors setting the record.

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
afternoon games on the weekend are alright. i hate it when theres afternoon game during the week. like the jays during the playoffs last year

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
Any thoughts on what the starting 5 will be? And beyond that, who figures to be in the rotation?

Mad Brills*

It's literally the only game of the playoffs that start at 12:30

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
afternoon games on the weekend are alright. i hate it when theres afternoon game during the week. like the jays during the playoffs last year

Agreed, that was brutal. On the weekend its pretty sweet actually

Also I am seeing everywhere that Boston finished 3rd not Miami

Didn't the NBA remove division winner tie breakers this year? That means if we beat Indiana we face Charlotte or Boston .. this is the perfect playoff for us to make noise

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Agreed, that was brutal. On the weekend its pretty sweet actually

Also I am seeing everywhere that Boston finished 3rd not Miami

Didn't the NBA remove division winner tie breakers this year? That means if we beat Indiana we face Charlotte or Boston .. this is the perfect playoff for us to make noise

Nope, the division winner now is only good for a tiebreaker though (being the first tiebreaker).

http://www.nba.com/playoffs/?ls=iref:nba:gnav

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
Trying not to get ahead of myself here but this team has a great chance at making the ECF. Im predicting we beat Indiana in 5, we get Miami and beat them in 6 or 7, then we get Cleveland. Cleveland would be a tough match up but one that the Raptors could win. We could realistically make the Finals this year, no way we're winning it though.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I'm not looking beyond the first round yet. The Raps should beat the Pacers, but as history has shown, nothing is certain.

D3ADLY

Jan 8, 2009
Twitter @AgentDeadly
Some one tell me what our draft position looks like and what's the best case scenarioare are we picking top 10 this year from the bargnani deal?
It's that time of the season where Jurassic park will be flooded go Raptors go

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
Some one tell me what our draft position looks like and what's the best case scenarioare are we picking top 10 this year from the bargnani deal?

The absolute highest the Raptors can pick is 2nd. But that would require either Denver or New York winning the lottery, and the other winning 2nd place. Probably not going to happen.

In all likelihood, we pick around 8-10.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
If the draft was right now and the lottery changed nothing about the order, Denver would take the knicks' 7th pick and the raptors would get the nuggets' 9th pick via nyk.

Based on lottery rules and the trade stipulations, the pick toronto gets can end up 2nd, 3rd, or (more likely) somewhere in the 8-12 range.

I don't believe they can fall lower than 12th, and that would only happen if 3 of the lottery teams slotted 10+ all win the right to move up, bumping the Nuggets pick back 3 spots. That's about as likely to happen as moving up to #2 or 3.

Edit: updated to specify 8-12. I don't think it's possible for Toronto to land at 7 since the only way we get the knick pick is if Denver leapfrog them, and that would automatically slide them back a place to 8.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
with thon maker now eligible, what do people think about taking him with the later first or trading down for a couple seconds and grabbing him?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I feel like some much hinges on that first game. If the Raptors don't win it, I feel like it's going to be a repeat of the last 2 playoffs.

ZINFINITY16

Dec 29, 2013
Ontario
I feel like some much hinges on that first game. If the Raptors don't win it, I feel like it's going to be a repeat of the last 2 playoffs.

Same, they really need to start out strong and try to get their first series win done early. If we can do that, I could see this team going to the Finals!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad