Raptors Discussion: v58|It's playoff time! Round 1: vs Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I moved to Raleigh a month ago. It's just unreal how EVERYONE expects us to fall apart in the playoffs. We're pretty much known as chokers. We gotta change that reputation.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I moved to Raleigh a month ago. It's just unreal how EVERYONE expects us to fall apart in the playoffs. We're pretty much known as chokers. We gotta change that reputation.

We have earned that reputation in several playoff appearances since the historic upset of the Knicks. It's definitely time to change that.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I hope they win this series - otherwise the management has to make changes going forward

I hope we don't have to go through another rebuild

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I feel like some much hinges on that first game. If the Raptors don't win it, I feel like it's going to be a repeat of the last 2 playoffs.

Strongly disagree. I understand why some people might think this but I think this team is much stronger in every way then the teams that lost the last two years and I say that as someone who wasn't feeling very good at all about our chances going into last years playoffs. This team is much stronger on defence, has much more experience and should thus be so much tougher mentally, Carroll is back and looking good and that is huge, I don't have words to express how important it is to have him back. DeRozan and Lowry are better than they were last season, Powell is looking great, Biyombo is Biyombo, I could go on and on. This team is MUCH better than last years team. Sure they could lose to Indiana, they're no joke and the Raptors aren't GS or anything but still, the Raptors should be the favorites, and once they win they should be favorites again in the 2nd round and once they get past that, there's absolutely no reason why they can't beat Cleveland too (and there's no guarantee that Cleveland gets that far either).

This is a good team, expect big things!

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
So glad we didn't move PPat.

We’re going to show the world that Toronto isn’t just a great basketball city — it’s the best basketball city.

Because We the North.

What does that mean?

We’re going to show you.

:yo: :yo:

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS

I find that reputation frustrating considering Brooklyn was the hottest team in the east going into the playoffs in 2014 and we lost by a point on the final possession of game 7. That series could have went either way and any serious basketball fan wouldn't view that as a choke just because it was 3 vs 6. And then last year where I guess you could say we choked but we were also 7 games under .500 post all-star break so any serious fan should NOT have been expecting us to advance.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Raptors got the 9th overall pick???

They're basically slotted 9th before the lottery (which is next month). They could retain that 9th pick if nothing else changes. But the lottery could shake down in a number of different ways and the raptors could end up as high as 2nd (unlikely) or as low as 12th (equally as unlikely).

It's most probable that they end up in 9th or 10th.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
They're basically slotted 9th before the lottery (which is next month). They could retain that 9th pick if nothing else changes. But the lottery could shake down in a number of different ways and the raptors could end up as high as 2nd (unlikely) or as low as 12th (equally as unlikely).

And to clarify, it's not our own pick, it's a pick we acquired in a trade.

And unlikely is an understatement, I believe the odds of not being 9-10 are a couple hundred to one or something like that.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012

Oof. Hopefully not lower than 9th.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
And to clarify, it's not our own pick, it's a pick we acquired in a trade.

And unlikely is an understatement, I believe the odds of not being 9-10 are a couple hundred to one or something like that.

Its like a half of a % chance that the Denver pick slides to 11th and less than 0.005% that it falls to 12th.

Vs like a 0.8% chance that the Raptors end up 2nd or 3rd.

So basically they're more than likely to luck out in a good way than a bad one. But both are like 500:1 shots at best.

I was gonna do a full probability table, but I don't have time for that now. Maybe before the draft. I've got like a month. :laugh:

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Can't wait to see Jurassic Park, what's the weather going to be like there tomorrow?

I wish I was in the GPA so I could go there or Cineplex for the game.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Seriously 12:30? :(

Respect is earned.

Toronto is already behind the ball being the only Canadian team. When you factor in not winning a series since '01 and not being as "sexy" as other teams...it is what it is

Back in '03, Detroit was the #1 seed in the East and they had the early start. Despite beating Toronto the year before in the playoffs.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I hope they win this series - otherwise the management has to make changes going forward

I hope we don't have to go through another rebuild

It wouldn't be a full fledged re-build more like a re-tool, I could see DD gone if we lose this series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad