Raptors Discussion: v54|It's on|5-2 Cancel all parades. the end has come. Everything REALLY sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
If Revere threw that, the ball probably wouldn't have even made it to half court.

It would've made it to half court. On the bounce.

EDIT: I also still don't understand why ESPN/ABC keeps employing Doris Burke. She's not very good, and her lispy voice is annoying. Is Hannah Storm so busy that they can't give this gig to someone competent?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Masai deserves a ton of credit, he brought in defensive players so Casey has no excuses this time... Defense was the key tonight.

It's not so much not giving Casey excuses. It's giving him a fair shot to demonstrate his worth. He was brought in to coach a team that for the last few years hasn't been built to execute the system. It's not right to judge him as a square peg trying to fit into a round hole. So now Masai gives him the team he's always wanted and can say to him "prove you're the right guy for this team" and halfway expect results.

I'll bet it was killing Casey watching Lou Williams' matador-D hero-ball every night.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
All I gotta say is Westbrook is a giant *****

A lot of star players are now the league has gotten so used to the refs catering to every star player out there, giving them calls on rep and status, that they expect everything will work out their way.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
A lot of star players are now the league has gotten so used to the refs catering to every star player out there, giving them calls on rep and status, that they expect everything will work out their way.

He is such a sore loser. There is a difference between playing with emotion and what he was doing. He was flopping around all over the floor, embellishing, whining about everything.

At the end of the game Lowry tried to shake his hand and Westbrook just stormed off the court. Very unsportsmanlike. Not to mention throughout the game if he hit a shot or did anything he would start talking smack and taunting.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
rapsvsmagic-web.png

Game Day: Raptors @ Magic
Posted: Nov 06, 2015

Matt Tierney - Raptors.com

Time: (7:00PM ET - SNET1, TSN1050)

The road trip continues tonight as the Raptors (5-0) take on the Magic (1-4) at Amway Center in Orlando. Toronto is coming off impressive back-to-back wins out West over the Mavs and Thunder to enter tonight’s contest as one of two undefeated teams left in the league, alongside the NBA Champion Golden State Warriors. Orlando’s record is deceiving, having played some good basketball and lost two games in overtime to top-ranked teams in the Rockets and Thunder.

projectedlineups-110615.jpg

WHO’S HOT?

Evan Fournier – Fournier is a pesky player who's made the most of his starting role on a young Orlando team. So far this season the small forward has led his team in scoring in three of five games, averaging more than 20 points and 5 rebounds. In their most recent matchup last November, Fournier was a thorn in Toronto’s side scoring 18 points in a tight encounter.

DeMar DeRozan – The Raptors All-Star has been doing his thing all season, but it wasn’t until Wednesday night’s victory over the Thunder that DeRozan took a game over almost single-handedly. He struggled early with his shot but turned it on in the second half by driving the lane. He was rewarded with 15 trips to the foul line, more than the entire Oklahoma City team combined. DeRozan has had success against the Magic in the past, including 29 points in last year’s 101-99 win in Orlando.

Raptors-Orlando Magic: NBA game preview

http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptors/2015/11/05/raptors-orlando-magic-nba-game-preview.html

Key matchup:Evan Fournier vs. Kyle Lowry/Cory Joseph.

Fournier has been on an absolute tear to start this season. The fourth-year guard is averaging 20.6 points per game and that’s bolstered by showings of 30 on Tuesday against New Orleans and 29 against Houston on Wednesday. Lowry will get the bulk of minutes at point guard, but Raps coach Dwane Casey has liked what he’s gotten out of pairing Lowry with backup Joseph. For his part, Joseph was key in forcing Russell Westbrook into a 1-8 fourth quarter in the win at OKC.

Need to know: The Raptors are off to their best start to a season but still have a ways to go to equal their biggest winning streak. They ran off nine straight in 2001-02 . . . Nikola Vucevic won’t play on Friday night. The team’s centre is out with a bone bruise on his right knee. Dewane Dedmon is expected to start in his place . . . Orlando is 1-4 but has fallen in a pair of very tight games this season. The Magic went to double OT with Oklahoma City on Oct. 30 and took the Rockets to overtime on Wednesday. They are losing their games by an average of 3.5 points . . . Mississauga’s Andrew Nicholson, now in his fourth year as a pro with the Magic, has seen action in one game this season.

Up next: Sunday at Miami, 6 p.m.

mikebel111*

We always beat Orlando :yo:

It would be toronto typical to lose this game than:(

I really love the 5-0 start, they arent letting one bad quarter faze them which is a great sign. I am hoping for a win. Though at some point they are due for a stinker but hope its not today.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
Looking for the Raptors story on espn's website....I'll let you know when I find it.

Here's some youtube comments on the starters NBA Daily Show yesterday.

Tseng Gordon 14 hours ago
Never talked about the big win by the Raptors???
Reply · 25

TJae94 11 hours ago (edited)
+Tseng Gordon Raptors are pretenders that's why. They will fade away as usual and get knocked out in the 1st round.
Reply · 9

O.J. Mayo Sandwich 7 hours ago
I know right lol.
Reply · 2

KryptoChronicutelite 1 hour ago
+Tseng Gordon About ****ing time they're not biased. 99% of us couldn't give a lesser **** about the Raps winning a game, they're not good, and will be irrelevant in the Playoffs if they even make it.
Reply ·

Joseph Karcho 2 minutes ago
+KryptoChronicutelite pistons would whoop there ass
Reply ·

Shwaguy*

^Just shows how little they know. Obviously we have to do it for longer. But this is a different team than last year. Everyone knew we were playing like Frauds last year and awful at Defence.

The Basketball we are playing is SO much more sustainable.

Shwaguy*

We aren't Golden State from last year obviously but people said the same thing about them for the first quarter of the season.

We are not in the true Contender Tier with GSW, LAC, SAS, OKC, CLE, HOU.

But we are in that next tier with teams like MEM, ATL, CHI. And you could argue we are at the top of that. Again, we gotta prove it long term (But if our defence stays this good we will be in for a real treat this season). But we are missing the obvious flaws we had at the beginning of our last season. People are saying we are frauds simply because we are the Raptors rather than justifying it with the way we are playing (Whereas last season it was justified).

Again, we will see. But I don't see why we can't keep this up over the entire season. Especially with Lowry fixing his conditioning problems.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
the magic are a good team, don't sleep on them winning tonight. They almost beat Houston, OKC and the Wizards. 2 of those were in OT and one of them was in regulation by 1 point, they're good this year.

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
the magic are a good team, don't sleep on them winning tonight. They almost beat Houston, OKC and the Wizards. 2 of those were in OT and one of them was in regulation by 1 point, they're good this year.

Agreed, Payton/Harris are dangerous and Fournier is a capable scorer but with that said, they're in the "not there yet" category and are still young!

I've got a feeling aps will blow them out.

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
Toronto has grown up and the experience they've shown, especially DD/KL will better prepare them in the long run. Adding DC/Scola was huge IMO, both are filling the gaping hole we desperately needed.

My concern is the bench... will they be consistent? PP and Ross?

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
give it a couple years or if they can acquire more of a defensive centre. Orlando is gonna be real good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad