Raptors Discussion: v54|It's on|5-2 Cancel all parades. the end has come. Everything REALLY sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Anyways...

woof. Brickhands Biyombo. Good ****ing god.

Ross and Patterson played terrible too. Especially Patterson.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
not a Bimbo fan ?
lol

Not when he's actually taking shots or getting touches on offense. If he's just out there solely for defense and you accept Biyombo makes your offense 4 on 5 and basically exclude him outside of putbacks, offensive boards, and the widest open of dunk looks, that's fine. It's when he takes even shots from around a foot out is when he pisses me off.

Hanta Yo

Bag it up
Jan 28, 2009
Toronto
Hate the fact that the Raptors continue to invest time and money to Ross. I gave up on him long ago; easily one of the most infuriating players on this team, and has been for a while. I don't even care about the contract itself, what bothers me is how homes out every now and then to tease you with his potential, then goes back to looking like one of the least motivated players out there.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
Hate the fact that the Raptors continue to invest time and money to Ross. I gave up on him long ago; easily one of the most infuriating players on this team, and has been for a while. I don't even care about the contract itself, what bothers me is how homes out every now and then to tease you with his potential, then goes back to looking like one of the least motivated players out there.

I think many fans should care about the contract though. It's quite disgusting.

Hanta Yo

Bag it up
Jan 28, 2009
Toronto
I think many fans should care about the contract though. It's quite disgusting.

It is, but people will also throw around the whole "10/11 million in the new 6 million" idea, which with the TV contract kicking in next year, I guess I can buy. Still, hate him as a player at this point.

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
No shame in coming second best to Golden State (regarding who remains unbeaten the longest).

No shame. I knew we'd lose.... shooting 38% and still being in the game speaks volume. Now let's see how they handle Miami.

Someone on Twitter said DD might pull a fast one and leave T.O for Orlando cause that team is loaded with talent. I giggled.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
No shame. I knew we'd lose.... shooting 38% and still being in the game speaks volume. Now let's see how they handle Miami.

Someone on Twitter said DD might pull a fast one and leave T.O for Orlando cause that team is loaded with talent. I giggled.

Yeah, the Heat just lost to the Pacers by just 3 points. :(

Too bad Heat-Raptors won't be an NBA on ABC game.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Brooklyn is 0-7 now. They are going to gift the Celtics a top 5 pick.

The Pierce/KG trade will go down as one of the worst in recent memory, maybe even in history. Not only does Boston have Brooklyn's first pick for 2016, but they also have the right to swap first round picks with Brooklyn and they also have Brooklyn's 2018 first round pick. :laugh: All those picks are also unprotected...:biglaugh: And all they got out of that was one 1st round exit and one 2nd round exit.

That trade doesn't show Danny Ainge's genius, but Billy King's extreme incompetence and pure assness.

Honestly, I don't even know how I'd feel if I was a Nets fan.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
Brooklyn is 0-7 now. They are going to gift the Celtics a top 5 pick.

The Pierce/KG trade will go down as one of the worst in recent memory, maybe even in history. Not only does Boston have Brooklyn's first pick for 2016, but they also have the right to swap first round picks with Brooklyn and they also have Brooklyn's 2018 first round pick. :laugh: All those picks are also unprotected...:biglaugh: And all they got out of that was one 1st round exit and one 2nd round exit.

That trade doesn't show Danny Ainge's genius, but Billy King's extreme incompetence and pure assness.

Honestly, I don't even know how I'd feel if I was a Nets fan.

Yea that's pretty bad management on the part of the Nets. That team had so much hope and looked like they were going to be legit. The injuries to Brooks Lopez really hurt that team when they were competing, or trying to compete.

But god the management could have at least top 5 protected those picks....

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
rq5ijb4k2kdzdp57wykuaiknur0uni9l4-tormilico.png

Game Day: Raptors @ Heat

Matt Tierney - Raptors.com

Time: (6:00PM ET - SNET1, SN590)

The Raptors (5-1) finish up their four-game road trip in Miami tonight where they'll take on the Heat (3-3). Toronto’s unbeaten start to the season came to an end Friday in Orlando as they lost a tight contest against the Magic. The Raps will be looking to rebound versus another Eastern Conference foe in Miami who have alternated wins and losses to start their season.

projectedlineups-110815.jpg

WHO’S HOT?

Chris Bosh – It’s good to see the ex-Raptor back on the court healthy this year as Bosh was forced to sit out a large part of last season due to injury/health issues. So far he is averaging a double-double with 15 points and 10 rebounds. The versatile forward has also led his team in scoring in two of Miami’s six games to start the season.

Jonas Valanciunas – It was a tale of two halves on Friday as Valanciunas was forced to the bench for much of the first half after picking up three quick fouls. Once the second half started, he was a man possessed and checked out of the third quarter after grabbing 11 rebounds, a Raptors franchise record for a quarter. The Lithuanian International has also averaged a double-double with 14.5 points and 11 rebounds per game, ranking him in the top six in the league in that category.

Toronto Raptors at Miami Heat: Sunday game preview

http://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...aptors-at-miami-heat-sunday-game-preview.html

Raptors at Heat

AMERICAN AIRLINES ARENA

Tipoff: 6 p.m.

TV: Sportsnet One

Radio: Sportsnet 590

Probable starters

Toronto: Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozan, DeMarre Carroll, Luis Scola, Jonas Valanciunas

Miami: Goran Dragic, Dwyane Wade, Luol Deng , Chris Bosh, Hassan Whiteside

Key matchup: DeMar DeRozan vs. Dwyane Wade. A battle between two of the league’s best shooting guards. There are other factors for the Raptors, like DeMarre Carroll’s plantar fasciitis issues, but from an entertainment standpoint alone, this will be a fun one. Despite scoring 23 on Friday, DeRozan will be salty about his team’s loss to the Magic. Wade might have more of an edge, having scored just nine points in Friday’s loss to the Pacers.

Need to know: Whiteside is the league’s second-leading shot blocker, with 3.67 blocks per game . . . Wade is nine points shy of passing Scottie Pippen in career scoring. Wade has 18,932 points, 52nd all time . . . Cory Joseph’s 19 points on Friday were a season high. The Pickering-bred guard has led the bench in scoring in three of the Raptors’ six games . . . The Raptors remain a tough defensive team. They’re seventh in defensive efficiency points (points allowed per 100 possessions). Their 95 points allowed per game is sixth in the league and they’ve out-rebounded their opponents in all six games for a plus-49 margin.

Next up: Tuesday vs. New York, 7:30 p.m.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Carroll out. Johnson started.

also I know they're for a good cause (military appreciation) but damn those Heat jerseys are fugly. Almost as bad as the Raptors' old camo alts.

Good start for the Raps too.

TheOtherSide

Sep 8, 2008
Ontario
Carroll out. Johnson started.

also I know they're for a good cause (military appreciation) but damn those Heat jerseys are fugly. Almost as bad as the Raptors' old camo alts.

Good start for the Raps too.

Johnson has been impressive so far! Ross is going to need to step up or this man will start cutting into his minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->