Raptors Discussion: v54|It's on|5-2 Cancel all parades. the end has come. Everything REALLY sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Ross sucks. Honestly this guy has so much potential but just acts like he doesn't give a flying you know what. This guy needs to go and workout with DeMar for a summer and get in shape. Get better at your dribbles, just his whole game all together. Just seems like this guy is happy being a bench player. This guy isn't some young upcoming shy kid anymore..Grow up get better, take your career seriously and become the player you can be. He's so irritating to watch, he has all the potential in the world and he's just so damn inconsistent.

This guy next season is going to be making 11 mil!!! 11 million...wow

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Any reason why we even signed Ross to a long term deal?

Because if he blew up this year he'd bolt. They did exactly what Charlotte did with Lamb, though Lamb has been even less proven in his NBA career to date (which is why he signed for less). They gambled on his development and a potential breakout coming off the bench as a main offensive option, or if not a stall and later breakout once DD leaves (taking on the starting SG spot). There's still plenty of time for him to pick up his game, but it's obvious we're seeing a lot of what he did for the past three years. At worst he is still a tradable piece because the salary cap is going up.

Other than Masai panicking after a similar player in Jeremy Lamb got $7M/year, I can't think of one.

Just... ugh. This contract is basically Masai's new JaVale McGee Denver contract.

That's not really panicking though. Panicking would be the Thunder matching the 4/70 Portland threw at Kanter. If Ross did happen to breakout and Masai rewarded him for it with a big extension, then that'd be panicking.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Any reason why we even signed Ross to a long term deal?

It's a Toronto tradition, all their teams have done it over and over again. Must be inferiority complex. If you look at Denver you don't see any Genius's connected to them.

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
Dud you really expect this team to go 10-0? C'mon now. This team will have bumps down the road but they have to learn and get better. As for Masai, he's done more than BC in two seasons... signing Ross might be a blimp but I wasn't surprised he made an offer. My concern is the bench... not enough offense.

mikebel111*

It's a Toronto tradition, all their teams have done it over and over again. Must be inferiority complex. If you look at Denver you don't see any Genius's connected to them.

One mistake by Masai it happens

What do you think of the trade that gets us a top 5 pick likely in this years draft. Is that also a bad trade? You know either Knicks or Nuggets pick, I am guessing you dont like it because its a good trade? I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on that.

mikebel111*

Because if he blew up this year he'd bolt. They did exactly what Charlotte did with Lamb, though Lamb has been even less proven in his NBA career to date (which is why he signed for less). They gambled on his development and a potential breakout coming off the bench as a main offensive option, or if not a stall and later breakout once DD leaves (taking on the starting SG spot). There's still plenty of time for him to pick up his game, but it's obvious we're seeing a lot of what he did for the past three years. At worst he is still a tradable piece because the salary cap is going up.

That's not really panicking though. Panicking would be the Thunder matching the 4/70 Portland threw at Kanter. If Ross did happen to breakout and Masai rewarded him for it with a big extension, then that'd be panicking.

So basically its a gamble and they are hoping he finds it. I think its still a tradable contract though even if he doesnt improve, unless he gets worse than he is now which is kind of hard to do.

It looks like Masai's 1st blunder which makes sense I mean the guy isnt perfect. We will see I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->