Raptors Discussion: v49|#WeTheNorth| Lowry voted to start for the East in the All-Star Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shwaguy*

People acting like Boogie is a cancer a la Andrew Bynum are ridiculous. It's not like players don't like Boogie, Management aren't a big fan of him sometimes but he's usually in the right when it comes to Sacramento's Management (They make the Leafs look like they're run like the Blackhawks). Boogie went out of touch when they fired Malone, a good coach who Boogie had truly bought in with.

Shwaguy*

"I don't fire coaches or hire them. Everyone knows I liked and respected Coach Malone. I didn't want that to happen. I'm not involved in any coaching decisions. I've heard that George Karl is a great coach. If that is the direction the organization chooses, I'll support it. Out of respect for Coach Corbin, I hadn't planned on making any comments about what is out there. But at this point I felt some things needed to be clarified."
"I wasn’t consulted when the decision was made to fire Mike Malone and I’m not being consulted now. I just hope they make a decision soon and stick with it. George Karl is an experienced, proven coach and if that is who they chose to coach this team, I will support it. I do not like all these discussions in the media while we have a coach in place. It is a distraction and not fair to Coach Corbin and this team."

Yeah totally sounds super immature of him

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
I like DeMarcus and think he's a great player when he wants to be. Problem is he's all over the place emotionally and that can be a distraction that no team wants. As for the comment if we had DC over JV we would be winning a championship is 50/50.

Demarcus is a great player but would his other distractions make him to big a gamble to take on in terms if him vs JV.

Give JV another season or two and watch him thrive. Also give the guys the proper amount of minutes and watch him develop. I said it before Toronto is guard heavy but if this team is going to win a championship it's gonna be on JV's back.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I like DeMarcus and think he's a great player when he wants to be. Problem is he's all over the place emotionally and that can be a distraction that no team wants. As for the comment if we had DC over JV we would be winning a championship is 50/50.

Demarcus is a great player but would his other distractions make him to big a gamble to take on in terms if him vs JV.

Give JV another season or two and watch him thrive. Also give the guys the proper amount of minutes and watch him develop. I said it before Toronto is guard heavy but if this team is going to win a championship it's gonna be on JV's back.

We are pretty much hoping JV becomes what Cousins already is.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Did anyone see today's Open Gym? I loved that bit when they're at the childrens' hospital and that little girl was interviewing James Johnson. She asked the tough questions.

"So, why did you guys lose the game yesterday?" (it was that game they blew at home vs Detroit)

:laugh: Awesome.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Did anyone see today's Open Gym? I loved that bit when they're at the childrens' hospital and that little girl was interviewing James Johnson. She asked the tough questions.

"So, why did you guys lose the game yesterday?" (it was that game they blew at home vs Detroit)

:laugh: Awesome.

:laugh:

Girl: Do you have a girlfriend?

James: No.

Girl: Do you want a girlfriend?

James: Why do you want to be my girlfriend?

Girl: No. :laugh:

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
We are pretty much hoping JV becomes what Cousins already is.

With out being a head case. I said I like Cousins game when he wants to play, but the guy is so hot and cold emotionally it has to be frustrating to play with him.

When he's on he's one of the top centres in the game. But his mood swings and stupid plays on and off the court have to be frustrating for the players and coaching staff. He could be so much more then what he is, granted playing for Sak would be hard on anyone but he's got a lot of growing up to do.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Game Day: Raptors vs. Wizards
rapsvswizards-web_1.jpg

Jay Satur - Raptors.com

The Raptors look to hit the All-Star break on a high when they face the Washington Wizards in search of a three-game season-series sweep (7:30 PM ET, TSN, Sportsnet 590 The FAN).
Projected Starting Lineups

Raptors: Kyle Lowry (G), DeMar DeRozan (G/F), James Johnson (F), Amir Johnson (F), Jonas Valanciunas (C)
jjstarters_collage.jpg

Wizards: John Wall (G), Garrett Temple (G), Paul Pierce (F), Nene (F), Marcin Gortat (C)
wizards_2collage.jpg

Injury/Roster Report

Raptors: None

Wizards: Bradley Beal - sore right big toe (questionable), Kris Humphries - bruised lower back (questionable)

NEED TO KNOW

The Wizards are a bit beaten up; a sore toe has kept Bradley Beal out of their last two games and Kris Humphries lasted only four minutes of game Monday before he crashed to the floor and hurt his back. Neither is a sure thing to go Wednesday night … Toronto’s going for a season-sweep of the series, having beaten Washington twice already … Matchup of the Eastern Conference all-star starting backcourt of John Wall and Kyle Lowry … Wall leads the NBA in total assists and total steals … Earlier this month, Paul Pierce passed Hall of Famer Alex English to move into 15th spot in the NBA’s all-time scoring list … Despite their lofty standing in the Eastern Conference, the Wizards are just 13-12 on the road.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Is JV still getting minimal minutes? Particularly come crunch time?

I haven't been keeping up to date truth be told...

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Is JV still getting minimal minutes? Particularly come crunch time?

I haven't been keeping up to date truth be told...

Yup. I swear, Casey has a real love for small ball. I swear that his dream frontcourt would probably be Muggsy Bogues and Peter Dinklage.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
:laugh: Did that actually happen

Yep.

the best part was that she softballed him to start the interview, asking why the Raptors were at the children's hospital, then she launched right into "why did you guys lose the game" and asking about his love life and asking him for tickets to a game. And she couldn't have been more than 5 or 6.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Yup. I swear, Casey has a real love for small ball. I swear that his dream frontcourt would probably be Muggsy Bogues and Peter Dinklage.

He plays small ball because other teams have been because JV gets exposed on pick and pops. He's gotta get better at them if you want to see him later in games.. He's a good rim protector but he's been doing terrible and VERY exposed when he has to step up for pick and pops. That's why P Pat and other guys have been, more flexibility and option defensively for our rotation defense.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
This new Primo pasta commercial is horrible. At least the Bargnani one was like the Freddy Got Fingered of TV commercials - so bad it's good, but this new one just plain sucks :laugh:

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Makes me angry of them showing a highlight of Hedo ****ing Turkoglu. What a ****ing plug. He was, like, Bargnani level lazy. Didn't he even fake being sick so he could go out and party? What a ****ing tool :facepalm:

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I don't think I'll ever fully understand the continuation rule, or at least what constitutes continuation by refs discretion. I know they typically shorten continuation when they know a team has a foul to give, but if Wall didn't get that continuation call then I doubt the refs would have reviewed and overturned the missed call on Lou there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad