Raptors Discussion: v40 | NBA Draft: TONIGHT| 7pm ET/4pm PT | TSN | Raps pick 20th

Status
Not open for further replies.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
They just want to make sure they don't get fleeced by the Raptors like everyone else.

Can't move him right away, you won't get proper value.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 12s
As story goes, Raps promised to take Brazilian project Caboclo w/No. 37 & that's why he skipped all workouts. Grabbed him at No. 20 instead

It's possible OKC or SAS had their eyes on him then.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Just a thought, him Dirk and another big name along with Chandler would be nice to see, Cuban could open the bank? But if I'm LBJ I stay in the East easier path to the finals.

Not only is it easier in the East, but the Mavs are pretty bad. They're old the West is only getting tougher.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
I agree with this. And if those teams had picked him, everyone would be salivating over it because they're such shrewd organizations making daring picks that could pay off huge.

Exactly. Masai has shrewd organization with daring picks written all over him. One of the only teams to see him live. With a wing span like that, I can see the potential as well. He can run the floor, he's got solid form, he's going to develop into a nice player.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Just a thought, him Dirk and another big name along with Chandler would be nice to see, Cuban could open the bank? But if I'm LBJ I stay in the East easier path to the finals.

I dont think Lebron wants anything to do with the West... East is pretty much an automatic finals appearance

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I agree with this. And if those teams had picked him, everyone would be salivating over it because they're such shrewd organizations making daring picks that could pay off huge.
To be fair their fanbases would probably be saying "wtf" as much as this one. Don't go that far off the board without getting that kind of reaction.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
To be fair their fanbases would probably be saying "wtf" as much as this one. Don't go that far off the board without getting that kind of reaction.

Not true. Spurs have gone of the board plenty of times and their fan base understands to trust the pros to do their jobs.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 2m
Indications are Caboclo never would've made it to 37, so Raps wise to gamble if they like him that much. Other teams were quietly in hunt

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
They may not want Bledsoe anymore.

and dude, calm down.

Bro, I'm pissed.

I wasted 3 hours of my time, watching, waiting, anticipating that finally the Raps might draft a legit Canadian prospect. And you know me, I'm no bandwagon fan, I post on the Raps forum often and I know my basketball. And what do I get? I get a slap in the face from the ****ing Suns, who will surely stunt his development, and refuse to trade him to us. And to make matters worse... we go way off the board and take a guy who most didn't even have going in the 2nd rounder with the 20th pick!

Oskar The Groucho

Oct 2, 2009
Barrie
Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher 2m
Source: Toronto looking to S&T Kyle Lowry to Miami for cash and future picks. Part II: Bosh opts out, returns to Toronto.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
uhhhhh

Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher 3m
Source: Toronto looking to S&T Kyle Lowry to Miami for cash and future picks. Part II: Bosh opts out, returns to Toronto.

Feenom

Jan 15, 2003
Spliffton
Visit site
Exactly. Masai has shrewd organization with daring picks written all over him. One of the only teams to see him live. With a wing span like that, I can see the potential as well. He can run the floor, he's got solid form, he's going to develop into a nice player.

In Masai I trust, he had SAS written all over him, welcome to the Raps Cab.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Bro, I'm pissed.

I wasted 3 hours of my time, watching, waiting, anticipating that finally the Raps might draft a legit Canadian prospect. And you know me, I'm no bandwagon fan, I post on the Raps forum often and I know my basketball. And what do I get? I get a slap in the face from the ****ing Suns, who will surely stunt his development, and refuse to trade him to us. And to make matters worse... we go way off the board and take a guy who most didn't even have going in the 2nd rounder with the 20th pick!

Most people didn't even know who he was. Stop using these random mocks to determine where people are going to go. How many mock drafts were right about the order or anything?

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 2m
Indications are Caboclo never would've made it to 37, so Raps wise to gamble if they like him that much. Other teams were quietly in hunt

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
This reminds me of when the Leafs took Antropov 10th when he was hardly talked about. There must have been teams sniffing around hoping to scoop him. I trust Masai, so he gets some rope from me.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
uhhhhh

Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher 3m

This has to be a troll??????

Please be a troll.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Bro, I'm pissed.

Hanging your hat on one guy making it to one specific pick 2/3rds of the way through the round was asking for trouble.

Tyler Ennis isn't "owed" to the Raptors or anything like that either. Vilifying the Suns for not wanting to trade him is pointless. And we've now seen news that the guy wouldn't have made it to 37.

You're basically doing this to yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad