Raptors Discussion: v40 | NBA Draft: TONIGHT| 7pm ET/4pm PT | TSN | Raps pick 20th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
If we go by BPA, it might be Payton, Early, warren or Mcdaniels (the last 3 are also a need)

Edit: with the 37th pick, i really like Spencer Dinwiddie or Walter Tavares

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
I really hope we combine our 2 2nds and move up. Or get rid of some one like Salmons for a good defender or something.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
What's the NBA cap limit? The big 3 are close to 60 million alone and Melo probably won't settle for less than 15 mil.

LBJ got paid 30 million, flat out for Dre selling Beats.

You take 60 million and divide it by the 4 of them. They each make 14 million.. If it means winning a title, I think Melo takes it.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
LBJ got paid 30 million, flat out for Dre selling Beats.

You take 60 million and divide it by the 4 of them. They each make 14 million.. If it means winning a title, I think Melo takes it.

Not sure, man. I think if they add Melo then at what point does it become a "too many cooks in the kitchen" scenario? There is only one ball. Don't think it will work. At least I hope it won't.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Not sure, man. I think if they add Melo then at what point does it become a "too many cooks in the kitchen" scenario? There is only one ball. Don't think it will work. At least I hope it won't.

Wade and Bosh both don't need the ball at all. LBJ is perfectly fine with sharing the ball.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
They just need to get rid of Bosh and Spolestra. Has Spolestra tried anything different? Especially defensively? They've gotten exposed defensively, on a consistent basis and nothing has changed. The Spurs even tried a bit of a zone this game because they were bored :laugh:

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
They just need to get rid of Bosh and Spolestra. Has Spolestra tried anything different? Especially defensively? They've gotten exposed defensively, on a consistent basis and nothing has changed. The Spurs even tried a bit of a zone this game because they were bored :laugh:

If I were them I'd rather get rid of Wade. Embarassing watching Wade flopping around and throwing up bad shots and then complain to the ref for a foul.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
If I were them I'd rather get rid of Wade. Embarassing watching Wade flopping around and throwing up bad shots and then complain to the ref for a foul.

Yeah Wade is definitely past him prime now as well.

I wouldn't be surprised to see LBJ and Melo go somewhere else like the Knicks or something. LBJ doesn't want to do it all himself, but he has no choice and now the Spurs are just locking him down with Kawai and then just collapsing on him.

Bosh has improved since he left Toronto, he's gotten worse, especially defensively. It's brutal to watch.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Yeah Wade is definitely past him prime now as well.

I wouldn't be surprised to see LBJ and Melo go somewhere else like the Knicks or something. LBJ doesn't want to do it all himself, but he has no choice and now the Spurs are just locking him down with Kawai and then just collapsing on him.

Bosh has improved since he left Toronto, he's gotten worse, especially defensively. It's brutal to watch.

I think they just need a new coach. Bosh wasn't this bad defensively in Toronto and his rebounds per game has dropped big time since being in Miami. It's painful watching the Heat just doing the same thing over and over even when it's not working. They really do need to get Bosh more involved with the offense but they need to learn how to run an offense first.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
I think they just need a new coach. Bosh wasn't this bad defensively in Toronto and his rebounds per game has dropped big time since being in Miami. It's painful watching the Heat just doing the same thing over and over even when it's not working. They really do need to get Bosh more involved with the offense but they need to learn how to run an offense first.

Bosh just stands out there in order to spread the floor.

And yes he was this bad defensively in Toronto. You put him in a screen situation and he's lost.. He can't pass out of double teams either, that's why you keep him out the post.. They don't have anyone inside that can slow the game down for them. It's all LBJ and only LBJ and that doesn't work when the Spurs can rotate through 12 players and the Heat can only roll with 6.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I think LBJ lands back in Cleveland. If the Cavs were able to lure Calipari from Kentucky then in my opinion it would've been a slam dunk. Calipari and LBJ are really good friends and apparently Cleveland is really desperate to get a big name head coach to help lure some free agents there. They reportedly offered him 80 million dollars over 8 years to become the head coach and president of the team but he rejected it. Kentucky then gave him a big extension.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
I think LBJ lands back in Cleveland. If the Cavs were able to lure Calipari from Kentucky then in my opinion it would've been a slam dunk. Calipari and LBJ are really good friends and apparently Cleveland is really desperate to get a big name head coach to help lure some free agents there. They reportedly offered him 80 million dollars over 8 years to become the head coach and president of the team but he rejected it. Kentucky then gave him a big extension.

I can see K Love going to Cleveland though. Uncle Drew stuff and what not.

Plus them have some pretty nice pieces to help Minnesota.

mikebel111*

Love seeing the Heat getting blown apart.
Maybe that will stop the hype that Lebron is better than Jordan

Lets go Spurs!

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Love seeing the Heat getting blown apart.
Maybe that will stop the hype that Lebron is better than Jordan

Lets go Spurs!

Why? Is LeBron not worthy of being called the best player of all time? Is something as stupid as the number of championships won, which is entirely dependent on the team and era, supposed to be the deciding factor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad