Useless Thread MDCCXXXIII: The Day After the Revolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
Metallica is an American heavy metal band from Los Angeles, California. The band was formed in 1981 by drummer Lars Ulrich and vocalist/guitarist James Hetfield.

Sep 19, 2008
John Michael "Ozzy" Osbourne[2] (born 3 December 1948)[2] is an English singer, songwriter and actor. He rose to prominence in the early 1970s as the lead vocalist of the heavy metal band Black Sabbath. He was fired from Black Sabbath in 1979 and went on to have a successful solo career, releasing 11 studio albums, the first seven of which were all awarded multi-platinum certifications in the US.

Sep 19, 2008
Osbourne left school at 15 and was employed as a construction site labourer, trainee plumber, apprentice toolmaker, car factory horn-tuner, and abattoir worker. He attempted to commit burglary, stealing a television (which fell on him during his getaway and had to be abandoned), a handful of baby clothes (originally thought to be adult clothes as it was too dark to see when he committed the burglary, and which were stolen to sell to people at a pub), and some T-shirts.[7] He spent six weeks in Winson Green Prison when he was unable to pay a fine after being found guilty of robbing a clothes shop; to teach his son a lesson, his father refused to pay the fine.[7]

Sep 19, 2008
At Iommi's insistence, and with the support of Butler and Ward, Osbourne was fired from Black Sabbath on 27 April 1979.[9]

Sep 19, 2008
Osbourne has abused alcohol and other drugs for most of his adult life.[109] He admitted to Sounds in 1978, "I get high, I get f***ed up ... what the hell's wrong with getting f***ed up? There must be something wrong with the system if so many people have to get f***ed up ... I never take dope or anything before I go on stage. I'll smoke a joint or whatever afterwards."[110] Black Sabbath bandmate Tony Iommi said that, while all the band were involved with alcohol and other drugs to various degrees in the 1970s, Osbourne had the unhealthiest lifestyle of them all. Despite this, said Iommi, he was typically the only one left standing when the others were "out for the count".[36] Keyboardist Don Airey said that Osbourne's substance-abuse issues were what caused him to leave the band.[111]

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
gFKsunQ.gif

@G F O P

Reactions: G F O P
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad