Attachments

• lips-hush-silence-finger-gesture-vector-27990019.jpg
    lips-hush-silence-finger-gesture-vector-27990019.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Devonator

Krigsgaldr

Jul 25, 2011
Lexington Kentucky
Finland is the *per capita* hockey superpower afaic. Sisu and talent is a great combination.
Finland is the *per capita* hockey superpower afaic. Sisu and talent is a great combinati
I’m always impressed with them. Such a small country but competes with the best in the world in hockey and produces skornof talented professional players.
Best damn woodsmen in the world too what a Finn can do with a puukko knife blows the mind ! Just don’t drink with them lol well if you like your liver that is !

Reactions: Czechboy and SI90

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
This tournament. Never fails to entertain the shit out of me
It's the most concentrated dose of high-level, dramatic hockey we see all year. Every tournament is an absolute treat.

Best damn woodsmen in the world too what a Finn can do with a puukko knife blows the mind ! Just don’t drink with them lol well if you like your liver that is !
They keep their saunas too damn hot. What the hell do they know about sauna anyway?

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Open up the history book, son and read the soviet objective and then what they actually achieve. Lot of dead reds in their rotten graves, thanks to my grandfathers and their brothers in arms. And all thanks to them, im alive, your alive, without the veterans finnish people would have faced genocide.
I have opened them a couple of times, am a history major, though that was in ancient times :) My both grandfathers were there. Anyway, I'm sure there's a better subforum for this discussion.

Reactions: YippieKaey

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
Entirely predictable result, especially after Finland went up 2-0. You just knew they were going to sit back as if there was only 2 minutes left. Embarrassing. Terrible powerplays. Hope Sweden rolls the Americans.

Years ago, when Canada played the Russians in one on one series, I rooted for Canada as if they were the USA.

The above attitude is why I now root against Canada.

Reactions: Bixby Snyder

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Finland is the *per capita* hockey superpower afaic. Sisu and talent is a great combination.
Sweden has 1.88X the population and 1.91X the NHL games played on a man basis in the 2023-24 season (and much higher than that on a per man min. 1 GP standard). Seems they're about the same.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
I have opened them a couple of times, am a history major, though that was in ancient times :) My both grandfathers were there. Anyway, I'm sure there's a better subforum for this discussion.
I like history too but not necessary the ancient times. But you are still wrong, Finland never surrendered like France in 1940 or Germany 1945 and Finland was never invaded like France in 1940 or Germany 1945. Therefore Finland didn't lose, it was a defensive victory. History major should know the difference :thumbu:

Pieck

Dec 13, 2017
BC
Years ago, when Canada played the Russians in one on one series, I rooted for Canada as if they were the USA.

The above attitude is why I now root against Canada.
You'd root for Russia over Canada because somebody on the internet said they hope Sweden rolls over USA?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad