GDT: USA Vs Austria | 12/26 @ 9:30PM ET | TSN/NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The only thing I'd disagree about is that I don't think he had an excellent freshman season. He was good at Boston U, but I thought his WJC performance last year was better than his season performance at Boston U.
He was above a point per game as a freshman. I know Newhook was too, but I'd say you combine both performances and that pretty well justifies being a top ten selection at the very least, no?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He was above a point per game as a freshman. I know Newhook was too, but I'd say you combine both performances and that pretty well justifies being a top ten selection at the very least, no?

To be clear, I thought he had a good season and my opinion has not changed that he's a top five player from his draft. I just wouldn't call it great. Maybe it's nitpicking, but I feel like we all tend to exaggerate with prospects and mediocre becomes average, average becomes good, good becomes great. His World Juniors was great last season, I think his club season was good.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Typical US coaches dont know how to use Caufield

He's a weapon and theyre using him as net front

I'm not sure what you're watching. He's playing the right half wall. Boldy is net-front. If players temporarily switch on the PP because hockey is not a computer game and players move around from their normal positioning, thats not using him net front.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Berard will be the steal of the draft
Such an up tempo player and has so much attitude & swagger

I really liked that pick and I agree he'll probably be a steal, but I feel like if we have a steal of the draft, it'll be Garand. I'm not sure Berard has steal of the draft upside. If he hits his ceiling, we're probably talking about a good second liner. Thats good, but probably not steal of the draft. If Garand hits his ceiling, like the goalie we picked in the same round from 2014, thats probably the steal of the draft.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Kaliyev has a better shot than Caufield.

I think that Kaliyev shoots it harder and maybe even more accurate, but Caufield is the better goal scorer and will likely have more success as a goal scorer. Caufield's goal scoring instincts are crazy. Always finds space to operate, despite being small and not a great skater. He finds the puck in spots to score. You can't teach that. It's a skill that he's elite at, and very few players have to any great degree.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Does anyone have a gif of Zegras pointing at the camera after his goal? Trying to figure out how to frame it on my wall.

He was pointing at the player the pass came from, not the camera. This is a lot more common in soccer culture than hockey culture, but some players in hockey do this occasionally, usually the Europeans.

Reactions: L13

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
He was pointing at the player the pass came from, not the camera. This is a lot more common in soccer culture than hockey culture, but some players in hockey do this occasionally, usually the Europeans.

He points at the camera after his second goal, I couldn't find a good video of it though. For the OP who wanted a gif, this is the best I could find but I was feeling too Getzlaf to search further. It's at 1:23, but I know there's a better video out there somewhere.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
How do you live everyday knowing people die in their bathtubs while you post on the interwebs??????????????????????????
He is never going to understand the point you are making here. It’s a shame too, because if he could understand your point, he might stop trying to fit a square into a round hole.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Seider is good, but not Zegras good. Not even close.

tenor.gif

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Not a bad hit imo. 5 inches shorter than him made Wimmer hit Moynihan's head. Feet didn't leave the ground and elbow stayed close to the body. A big player just obliterated a smaller one being careless. Maybe a game because he wanted to start **** with a minute left.

The IIHF disagreed. Two-game suspension.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
I actually missed the entire game.
Can somebody give me a rundown at how Caufield looked?
I know he had no points, but curious how he played.

Tough game to judge either way because it really was men vs boys. He is the least of the coaching staff's concerns and should be fine.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Zegras is an amazing talent. Nothing against Seider, but Zegras is the superior prospect, by a fair margin.

I don't see the offensive upside in Seider's game that would make him a bonafide #1 D, and I'm sure Zegras will be a first line player for Anaheim.

By the way, I'm not a fan of Detroit or Anaheim. I just think Zegras is a special talent.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Zegras is an amazing talent. Nothing against Seider, but Zegras is the superior prospect, by a fair margin.

I don't see the offensive upside in Seider's game that would make him a bonafide #1 D, and I'm sure Zegras will be a first line player for Anaheim.

By the way, I'm not a fan of Detroit or Anaheim. I just think Zegras is a special talent.

You'd think people would stop with the, "Seider has no offensive upside", after watching him produce in the AHL... And the WJCs... And the SHL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad