Rumor: USA Today - Penguins Very Very interested in Dan Hamhuis

Status
Not open for further replies.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Unless he could be had super cheap - like, Kunitz +2nd cheap - I don't think this would be a smart acquisition. The defense is not going to transform into a force to be reckoned with simply via the addition of Hamhuis. the Pens are better served trying to win with what they have rather than giving up prospects and picks for a rental when they're already dangerously low on young talent and not picking until round 2 this year.

deathtouchtrample

May 5, 2014
Why would you listen someone who works for USAtoday on any topic? Outside of tabloids it's the worst periodical out there. Like nothing they do is even close to journalism.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Page 5 of this thread delivered.

I conduct TWO half hour safety meetings and I miss ALL that. :shakehead

When I read about interesting in Ladd, Hamhuis, and Prust...and think about what the TDL might be like:

drinking-vodka.gif

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Boy... I was just catching up in this thread and can say... GOLD. Page 5 is GOLD. :laugh:

As for DH.. nope.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
No worries I didn't take it as rude, I just wanted to get a feel of Pens assets since the media is reporting that they are heavily In on a player.

As great as Hamhuis is I don't think he will fetch Dustin Byfuglien kind of return.

Comparable would be Sekera last year at trade deadline and Hamhuis is 10x better than Sekera who was also an upcoming UFA. LA gave up 1st rnd pick and Roland Macewon.

Pouliot
2017 1st rnd pick

Should get it done for Hamhuis.

Not sure if you would like the price tho but if a bidding war for Hamhuis happens then all likelihood that will be the cost.

Dmen are always the most coveted at trade deadline.
Good luck with that! Pooh AND a 1st??? Youd get neither.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
This is the same GM that gave sutter 4.25 million. Not too worried about giving up anything important. Benning is dumb as rocks.

Farnham4top6

Despres #1D
Mar 6, 2011
north of you
This is the same GM that gave sutter 4.25 million. Not too worried about giving up anything important. Benning is dumb as rocks.

One never knows if the evil nine wants to triumph the Despres trade.
They could trade Dumoulin + Bennett or something ******** for him.

Last edited:

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
One never knows if the evil nine wants to triumph the Despres trade.
They could trade Dumoulin + Bennett or something ******** for him.

But dumo is just as good as ham. And cheaper and is a RFA in a year. If we give up dumo for ham, im done. Baxk to back years of throwing away a young top4 dman will kill me.

Farnham4top6

Despres #1D
Mar 6, 2011
north of you
But dumo is just as good as ham. And cheaper and is a RFA in a year. If we give up dumo for ham, im done. Baxk to back years of throwing away a young top4 dman will kill me.

I know, but they traded Despres that is better then them for Lovejoy who isn't a NHL dman who seem to only try to injure MAF.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Our only assets are Sprong, Pouliot or Murray. Not worth it. They're literally *all* we have in the cupboard. We can already be pretty sure Hamhuis won't re-sign here.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Okay look, i think you need to get a firm grasp on something that, despite your protestations to the contrary, I don't think you get:

this is not the front office of the Pittsburgh Penguins Ice Hockey Team.

We couldn't tell you if the GM will be fired for a variety of different outcomes. We can't tell you his level of interest in player A or player B.

We can't agree to a trade that makes your team 150% better today than it was yesterday.

You want a chat:

THE PENS ARE INTERESTED IN DAN HAMHUIS, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO OFFER?

A) nothing, because it's not mine to offer
B) Probably nothing your team wants, because the Pens have no fungible assets to spare, especially for what will almost assuredly be a rental.

This is the most perfect argument for not having a Trade and Free agent section to HF boards. You could apply this to all 30 teams and their fans with just this.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
This is the most perfect argument for not having a Trade and Free agent section to HF boards. You could apply this to all 30 teams and their fans with just this.

I mean, people want to discuss it, cool.

But they usually don't want to discuss it. Nor do they get that it's all just hypothetical speculation. My favorite is when they point to what their fanbase wants for a trade as some sort of weird price tag. Like, no **** we all way deals that are super-favorable to our own team.

Fans are terrible at predicting these sorts of things. Absolutely ****ing terrible.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
So you want our top prospect AND a 1st for a guy who likely has no interest in re-signing here.

Seems like a smart move on our part.

Yeah, that is just awful.

Yeah, truly that was an off-the-wall proposal.

Canucks board seem to be satisfied w:

Dumoulin
2- 2nd rnd picks.

Not much better. I mean Hammy is a decent D but you don't move a solid D and decent futures for the guy, especially as a rental.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
That said, would you guys freak out if I closed this? We're talking about the same stuff in the main FA / Acquisitions thread. I don't see how this guy deserves a separate thread, although I understand why it was made initially (because of the news report).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad