Rumor: USA Today - Penguins Very Very interested in Dan Hamhuis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'm not saying they should go for rentals this year, but ever heard of Bill Guerin and Ruslan Fedotenko?

Penguins aside, you do understand that teams in contention often make deadline deals right?

Feds was a free agent signing, but yeah rentals can help. You just shouldn't rely on them every year as a means to plug holes.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I'd be fine giving up Pouliot for Hamhuis (as part of a package) of Hamhuis wanted to be in Pittsburgh and wasn't a free agent.

Pens have bled assets repeatedly for rentals. It's gotta stop.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
A rare live look into the Pens Council of 9 trade discussions...

1jWiKjk.gif

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Hopefully these two internet message boards can come together and get a deal done!!
We should elect a HF GM. When they reach a deal with another board's GM, they can send the fax to the Pens to get the deal done. They can be the Assistant to the Assistant General Manager.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Well that's the beauty of wanting him to not be a FA. If they traded for him and he had two years left, I don't mind 33-35 at that cap hit.

But having to pay him until 38 at that cap hit is dumb

Sorry I read "not being a FA" as "willing to sign in Pittsburgh". Obviously that's not what you said or meant.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Hamhuis? Ugh....we went down this path years ago. He doesn't want to be here. Won't sign here and will be throwing away assets. We aren't a hamhuis away from a cup

Saints11

Jan 24, 2012
Pittsburgh
Since I don't get TIOPS, I was not able to see their latest rumor. From what was alluded to, Pens were pursuing another former Ranger (Callahan?), talking with a Western Conference team, moving Cole and Plotnikov. Are there any TIOPS subscribers to verify?

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I love piling on, so, **** no to a rental.

We either make a hockey trade or we sink or swim with what we've got. Maybe grab a guy for a 4th or something. :naughty:

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
The only way we should be looking at Hamhuis is if Benning values Cole as a positive asset. We could start from there and do a moderate add. But I'm guessing everyone knows Cole is a bum.

bigG

Jan 18, 2010
Since I don't get TIOPS, I was not able to see their latest rumor. From what was alluded to, Pens were pursuing another former Ranger (Callahan?), talking with a Western Conference team, moving Cole and Plotnikov. Are there any TIOPS subscribers to verify?

I'm curious as well

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
The only way we should be looking at Hamhuis is if Benning values Cole as a positive asset. We could start from there and do a moderate add. But I'm guessing everyone knows Cole is a bum.

thats why he hadn't been playing. Protecting him from injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad