GDT: USA-Norway, Dec 26, 2023

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
Considering someone who is probably the greatest American hockey player of all time currently wears that number and also wears that number when playing for Team USA.
I don’t get it. Was #9 off limits at world juniors when Modano was playing in the NHL?

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Oh is that the only reason they play for the US? I thought it was because they were born/raised and developed here.

Pretty pathetic to be this insecure about junior hockey.
Lane Hutson has spent his entire development in the US. His Dad played in the the US for the last 10 years of his career.

If he becomes the second coming of Quinn Hughes as MTL fans claim (LOL) guess they better thank the good ol' US of A.

The best player of all time wasn't even Canadian, he was Ukrainian. The only reason he even played for Canada was because of their "structural advantage".
John Scott is of Ukrainian descent?!

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Other than Brindley. Ryan Leonard was the player that impressed me the most. Takes the puck to the net every chance he gets and stays there for any dirty loose change and unlike some other "net front" types he seems to have a great hands in tight. Love these types of players, surprised he doesn't have more points in the NCAA.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
Brindley, Gauthier, Perrault, McGroarty, Hutson...why are you so resistant to me pointing out that the majority of your top players only play for the US due to the incredible structural advantage you enjoy?

they're wearing usa jerseys. they made their decision and it's no one else's business why.

if you need to make yourself feel better about their decision, talk to a therapist.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
You’re an intelligent poster and capable of understanding the titanic difference here.
So how many generations have to pass before born and raised Americans with any link to Canada can be considered "real" Americans? Who are you to deny them of their identity as Americans?

Your comments in this thread reek of insecurity, bordering on xenophobic.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
What?! He's the best defender not in the NHL! :sarcasm:

THREE N.A. models. How dare you disrespect Hockey Mexico by omitting them.
Twenty-Three. There are 23 countries in North America. Central America is more like the name of a region, but it's actually part of North America.

You learn something new every day. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad