GDT: USA-Norway, Dec 26, 2023

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Norway can skate, move the puck, and play physically. Not the type of promoted team we typically see that's just cannon fodder for the regulars.

Reactions: jj cale

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Beyond this game…it would be so fantastic for Norway to make big strides in hockey.

It’s rough having only ~6 real threats at top level hockey - Canada, Russia, USA, Sweden, Finland, sometimes Czechia and sometimes Slovakia. It would be a dream if Norway, Denmark, Germany and Switzerland would focus in on hockey as the “second sport” of their countries.

If it became 10+ countries that had some real chance at the gold in any given tournament, I think the game would naturally grow across Europe and hopefully also really start to take a hold in Japan and South Korea.

Reactions: Chainshot and Rob

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Beyond this game…it would be so fantastic for Norway to make big strides in hockey.

It’s rough having only ~6 real threats at top level hockey - Canada, Russia, USA, Sweden, Finland, sometimes Czechia and sometimes Slovakia. It would be a dream if Norway, Denmark, Germany and Switzerland would focus in on hockey as the “second sport” of their countries.

If it became 10+ countries that had some real chance at the gold in any given tournament, I think the game would naturally grow across Europe and hopefully also really start to take a hold in Japan and South Korea.
I mentioned in another thread that it is too bad hockey isn't more popular in Norway. If you look at the results from the Winter Olympics they are a great Winter sports nation.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Would be great if Hutson stopped throwing the puck up the middle. He put Rinzel in a terrible spot there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad