GDT: USA-Norway, Dec 26, 2023

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
USA is much better, but when the ice quality is so terrible any team can beat any other team. Get my beer league boys out there we'd have a shot.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Yes USA hasn't really had much positive going this period, their only high-quality chance they decided to shoot at the goalie instead of the gaping net. USA goalie has had to make a number of high quality saves already, NOR definitely with the better scoring chances so far. Team won't be going anywhere if they don't pull their heads out of their asses

Reactions: Howboutthempanthers

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
USA could easily come out and score 5 in a period, so Norway just really has to be sure to keep their shifts short, and their effort level at maximum. They're getting decent scoring chances playing this way, so just have to keep it up. Have to be sure not to lose momentum with a bad PP to start the period.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Norway is playing a calm, mature two way game. There are 6 players on Norway who have been playing pro puck in Norway all year and I think this experience is helping.

It's been know for a while that the 2004 Norwegian age group is one of their best classes all time. It's not saying a whole lot in contrast to the larger hockey nations, but this isn't a bad team. A mature underdog with some pre-existing chemistry, Norway is here to play spoiler.

I think US will calm down and take charge in the 3rd period for the inevitable win.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
What a performance by Norway so far. Excellent own zone coverage, no chaos, perfectly keeping the system working. Plus a lot of physicality on the forecheck. They definitely haven't been looking like the relegation contender in the first period.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Norway's forwards and goalie are good. Their defense is fine for now but they seem a little lost with the puck at both ends, but they aren't afraid to be physical. But man, I'd be scared if I was the other teams in the group. Norway could win against any of them at this point. I was a big fan of their team coming into this tournament but I would lie if I didn't expect the US to be up by at least 3 goals going into the 2nd. I hope they keep this up.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Norway is giving me Latvia vibes - workmanlike, physical, able to stick around and be frustrating. Look out if they can pop one to get a lead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad