GDT: USA (5) vs. Canada (4) • Gold Medal Game • Jan. 5 • Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
If you want 5on5 its gotta be continuous. If you don't want continuous then its gotta be 4on4. Going 20 mins w/o scoring at 5on5, especially at that intensity level, is not difficult to do.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
This isn't just reactionary, but I really think the USA will surpass Canada as a hockey nation in 5-10 years. The participation numbers for hockey in Canada are really troubling.

It ebbs and flows, this was a pretty underwhelming Canadian roster but they'll be back.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Really they won in the SO which means **** in hockey

They battled back down two twice. It was respectable even with the shootout. Nobody wanted it to end in a shootout buddy, your boys should''ve potted one of 5 chances.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Great game tonight and Bruins prospects were all over the score card.

USA wooooooooo. Sucks it had to go to a shootout but both goalies did well that's so much pressure. I feel for Roy. They need to change that rule we were all robbed of some amazing hockey I'm favor of a shootout

Jacksonbobson

Feb 2, 2009
Am I the only one that didn't mind the game coming down to shootout? I dunno, that just seems so "international hockey", to me. We didn't hate shootouts until the NHL had them every other game.

As a Canadian, I kind of agree. I always remember Gretzky not being put in the shootout and how historic that was. It seems very international to me as well.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
This isn't just reactionary, but I really think the USA will surpass Canada as a hockey nation in 5-10 years. The participation numbers for hockey in Canada are really troubling.

I've been thinking the same. I would venture to guess its tied to the economy more than anything. Times are tough across Canada and families can't afford to shell out the money for the most expensive sport to play.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I am pretty sure the people who post like that are 15 year olds, wouldn't let it get you too pumped up.

The meatball is who he is, but it's worth showing respect to our opponent in defeat and in victory.

Great game, one of the best I've ever seen.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Sad it had to end that way, even if I'm happy with the outcome.

Thanks to all the classy Canadian fans.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..

Agree as well. Lots of Canadian kids taking up soccer, football, basketball etc instead.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Ok I'm over it now. Took all of 15 minutes, it's junior. :laugh:
This loss would hurt way more if it was the Olympics though...
Anyway congrats USA, well deserved!

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
The rules are a shoot out.

Everyone stop complaining. We had 80 minutes to win it.

Good game, kids.

realtalk11

Oct 7, 2013
:laugh:

Last time I checked Canada won the World Cup of Hockey just 4 months ago. I don't see how the two fans situations are even comparable.

lol we have to go back to 1960 to see a gold medal in IIHF men championships but they suddenly own the game.

Let them have their win people jesus.

They played a great game and were the better team of this tourney.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Shame the game had to end that way, would've much rathered seeing USA score a goal in 2OT than this but oh well, entertaining game for 3.5hrs!

Congratulations Americans!

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
Great game , full credit to the Americans they fought back twice from 2 goals down, wished it would be 4-4 after the 5-5 OT that would of been fun.

drewstar

Jan 1, 2010
6ix
Grats to the US.

I thought they were the best overall team at the tournament, though I do think Canada was the better team tonight but the US made the most of their chances.

Great game though. Similar to the 6-5 OT loss in Regina in terms of intensity and drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad