GDT: USA (5) vs. Canada (4) • Gold Medal Game • Jan. 5 • Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Well done Yanks. I've been on both ends of penalty shootouts in football and it is ****. I don't see why they cannot play 5 minutes of OT, have a 2 minute break then go again for another 5 until there is a goal. Feel so bad for Roy :(

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
ill stop...you are right (not joking), we just never get the chance to rub it in and every year it is canadians rubbing it in to us

Usually after medal games we pay respect, we get boisterous and proud leading up. But we typically always show respect win or lose following medal games.

Congrats USA, you guys deserved victory. Undefeated en route to Gold. Respect neighbour :).

We will meet again.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
The thing that makes Canadian fans such good fans is we respect our opponent after a medal game in victory or defeat.

Despite your insults, I have nothing but congratulations to say. Well earned victory by the Americans, the best team at the 2017 WJC. You deserve Gold. Respect.

I am pretty sure the people who post like that are 15 year olds, wouldn't let it get you too pumped up.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
To a man Canadians were saying they couldnt stand this going to a shootout 5 minutes before the ot period was over.

We don't like it and if you just read the pages you will see that.

Congrats on your victory, Canadian fans hating shootouts has nothing to do with anything about that .

NO ONE likes it. Ask the Russians who thought they won after the third round of the shootout. I be even most Americans don't like it, even though they won.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Shame such a great game ended in a shootout, but it doesn't make me any less happy that we won.

Great game Canada! It's a shame that someone had to lose a thriller like that at all.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Am I the only one that didn't mind the game coming down to shootout? I dunno, that just seems so "international hockey", to me. We didn't hate shootouts until the NHL had them every other game.

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
This isn't just reactionary, but I really think the USA will surpass Canada as a hockey nation in 5-10 years. The participation numbers for hockey in Canada are really troubling.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Yes but I remember a quarter finals one year when Canada won the shootout and there was less gripping about it then. What should they do? Make the kids play until they pass out?

There are actual logistical reasons why shootouts are needed earlier in the tournament. Those aren't a problem in the gold medal game.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Jeez, compared to the Russians singing, USA is the freakin Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Most of them are on key and in harmony

RayNibbs

Mar 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
How Strome kept being put out there in tight situations is beyond me. But they fought hard and grinded all game, USA had more skill in the end imo.

Amazing game of hockey. McAvoy is a stud

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Gord Miller just stated an interesting stat. Parsons stopped the last 23 shots he faced. Just shut the door when the game was on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad