Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
tavares' magical play

****in' Pierre just destroying that call.....ugh. :laugh:

drossco

Feb 12, 2008
Sask, Ca
Grats to the US.

I thought they were the best overall team at the tournament, though I do think Canada was the better team tonight but the US made the most of their chances.

Great game though. Similar to the 6-5 OT loss in Regina in terms of intensity and drama.

Saskatoon not Regina.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Hate the shootout but as far as I'm concerned if the refs didn't help Canada get 1-2 goals this game ends in regulation anyways.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
lol we have to go back to 1960 to see a gold medal in IIHF men championships but they suddenly own the game.

Let them have their win people jesus.

They played a great game and were the better team of this tourney.

I have no issue congratulating team USA and admitting they were the better team this tournament, but seeing how team Canada fans are somehow living in the past is just too funny.

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
:laugh::laugh::laugh: love that they're trying to mic these kids up and then immediately have to cut the audio because they're all yelling ****ing right!:laugh: Not sure why so many people's first reactions here are to be salty and come up with excuses or try and put down anyone. These guys are just kids, it's awesome to see them celebrate after coming together as a team for maybe the biggest game they'll ever play in the sport we all love.

McJesu

Dec 6, 2016
Montreal
Someone needs to petition to get rid of the shootout. I would rather even 3 vs 3 rather than a shootout. I just can't even feel that devastated because it came down to some artificial element to decide an entirely different game. I was very impressed with Canada's game, they played a hell of a game and did nearly every single thing right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad