Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post | Clean Out Day

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
That’s probably the minutes he will be given vs Washington with the absence of Malkin.. that’s why I said that he needs to step up his game. It’s really not that hard to understand.. he is decent right now, but needs to improve his game to be considered a good acquisition for me. We gave up a 1st, Gustavsson and Ian Cole for him.. It’s not like he was a FA pickup..

They also have him for another year, hence the price.

Anytime your third pivot is avg around .5 ppg, that’s quite good. His line was also humming all series and he played well in his own end.

Staal on both cup runs never put up monster points... 7 points in 20 and 9 in 24...Bones had one great playoffs and was the benefactor of playing on the hottest line in the league in 2016, then normalized last playoffs when he had 7 in 21.

So again, Brassard is doing quite well if you are a realist.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
They also have him for another year, hence the price.

Anytime your third pivot is avg around .5 ppg, that’s quite good. His line was also humming all series and he played well in his own end.

Stall on both cup runs never put up monster points... 7 points in 20 and 9 in 24...Bones had one great playoffs and was the benefactor of playing in the hottest line in the league in 2016, then normalized last playoffs when he had 7 in 21.

So again, Brassard is doing quite well if you are a realist.

Staal and Bonino were defensive monsters, Brassard is not. Quite simple

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Staal and Bonino were defensive monsters, Brassard is not. Quite simple

They played the pk, so that makes them defensive monsters compared to Brassard? Are they better in their own end than Crosby? Because he doesn’t pk either so can we draw that simplistic conclusion?

Brassard is very good in his own end if you have been paying attention. He’s also a big reason his line doesn’t get caught in odd man situations. He’s very apt at knowing when to stay high and when to support the cycle.

His line has been dominant and he’s a huge reason why.

Nadal On Clay

Oct 11, 2017
They played the pk, so that makes them defensive monsters compared to Brassard? Are they better in their own end than Crosby? Because he doesn’t pk either so can we draw that simplistic conclusion?

Brassard is very good in his own end if you have been paying attention. He’s also a big reason his line doesn’t get caught in odd man situations. He’s very apt at knowing when to stay high and when to support the cycle.

His line has been dominant and he’s a huge reason why.

So, you’re saying Brassard is as good defensively as Bonino and Staal? Laughable.

Staal and Bonino > Crosby defensively.. Im not saying Crosby isn’t good defensively, but Staal and Bonino had more defensive responsibilities than Crosby. Crosby’s job is to be productive offensively.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
So, you’re saying Brassard is as good defensively as Bonino and Staal? Laughable.

Staal and Bonino > Crosby defensively.. Im not saying Crosby isn’t good defensively, but Staal and Bonino had more defensive responsibilities than Crosby. Crosby’s job is to be productive offensively.

It’s laughable you equate PK duties to defensive prowess.

So basically you think because a guy is on the PK, that makes them better defensively than those that don’t?

So Kuhn and Rowney are better defensively than Brassard and Crosby to I can assume?

Staal and Bonino are most certainly not better than Brassard defensively. That just tells me you aren’t sure what to look for beyond shot blocks and Pk duty.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Nadal On Clay

Oct 11, 2017
It’s laughable you equate PK duties to defensive prowess.

So basically you think because a guy is on the PK, that makes them better defensively than those that don’t?

So Kuhn and Rowney are better defensively than Brassard and Crosby to I can assume?

Staal and Bonino are most certainly not better than Brassard defensively. That just tells me you aren’t sure what to look for beyond shot blocks and Pk duty.

You could add Takeaways/Giveaways to blocked shots and PK duties in Staal/Bonino ‘s favor vs Brassard

Do you have any arguments to back up your point that Brassard is a better defensive player?

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
If they have him skating no contact he’ll probably be shelved tonight and in for game 2. That’d be my guess.

I would only dress him if they lose tonight, if Pens win tonight I would still sit him game 2 and try to not bring him back until forced, let him get as close to 100% as possible at this time of the year, just my opinion.

Reactions: cvrle1

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Lol Brassard is a number 1 non star type center...at his best, Bonino gets second line center minutes when a team is starved for centers...

Brass is a huge luxury to have as a 3... and Bones, as awesome as he was... is far streakier and not quite as good...

Players rarely gel right away.. my guess is as the playoffs go on, you will see the difference

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
Players rarely gel right away.. my guess is as the playoffs go on, you will see the difference

Yep its about that time for Brassard to step it up

I remember Sheehan was awful his first few weeks with us now he is playing very well

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Yep its about that time for Brassard to step it up

I remember Sheehan was awful his first few weeks with us now he is playing very well

Brassard hasn’t been awful with us at really any stage. He’s been good. He got here and had to deal with injured/slumpy Phil and Jake was taken off that line and replaced with Sheary. He still played well.

Then he got a groin injury himself and has still played well on his return. If his wingers had a better finish he’d have a few more points. The first few playoff games his minutes were pretty low suggesting he still had some groin issues. They did steadily increased during the last 3 games so hopefully the groin issue is behind him (and not just because Malkin was hurt).

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
That’s probably the minutes he will be given vs Washington with the absence of Malkin.. that’s why I said that he needs to step up his game. It’s really not that hard to understand.. he is decent right now, but needs to improve his game to be considered a good acquisition for me. We gave up a 1st, Gustavsson and Ian Cole for him.. It’s not like he was a FA pickup..

You have weird expectations but I’m confident he will step up with a bigger role

Reactions: ColePens

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I would only dress him if they lose tonight, if Pens win tonight I would still sit him game 2 and try to not bring him back until forced, let him get as close to 100% as possible at this time of the year, just my opinion.
While I get that sentiment, I truly do, after the first round no one is a 100%. And if he’s ready to go for game 2. Ice him. Because even 80-90% Geno is better than 0% Geno.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad