Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post | Clean Out Day

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

Hagelin is still wearing a no-contact sweater, so I wouldn't expect him to play, either.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
If dumo doesn’t play maybe Letang will feel the need to play more conversative and that would be a good thing.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don't even have words anymore about the officiating and the leagues so called group of f***ing nitwits that are supposed to protect players by punishing the bad ones.

I feel so bad for Aston-Reese. Kid didn't deserve that. No one does.

Well maybe Tom Wilson, repeatedly.

The part that kills me is that this asshole should have been banned for the rest of the playoffs after that CBJ hit, then he threw one on Dumoulin and then on ZAR.

That is all on the league.

The league has to own up to it. But it never will.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I don't even have words anymore about the officiating and the leagues so called group of ****ing nitwits that are supposed to protect players by punishing the bad ones.

I feel so bad for Aston-Reese. Kid didn't deserve that. No one does.

Well maybe Tom Wilson, repeatedly.

The part that kills me is that this ******* should have been banned for the rest of the playoffs after that CBJ hit, then he threw one on Dumoulin and then on ZAR.

That is all on the league.

The league has to own up to it. But it never will.

Tom Wilson is a f***ing disgrace. He doesn't deserve to be a hockey player. He has no respect for the well-being of his opponents. Being physical is one thing, being a thug looking to injure other players is something totally different.

He is not a tough guy, he is a chickenshit cheapshot artist. He symbolizes everything that is wrong with hockey culture in NA.

I hope ZAR recovers quickly. Poor kid didn't deserve that.

If someone injures a Capitals star, I hope Wilson will understand that it is in large part his fault.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Tom Wilson is a ****ing disgrace. He doesn't deserve to be a hockey player. He has no respect for the well-being of his opponents. Being physical is one thing, being a thug looking to injure other players is something totally different.

He is not a tough guy, he is a chicken**** cheapshot artist. He symbolizes everything that is wrong with hockey culture in NA.

I hope ZAR recovers quickly. Poor kid didn't deserve that.

If someone injures a Capitals star, I hope Wilson will understand that it is in large part his fault.

It's not a part of the Pens game, so it will never happen.

But there are days like this, I wish we had a Kasparaitis, or someone vicious like that, that would just flat out catch someone like Ovy with his head down and send him mentally back to his backyard in Russia where he's eating mud and shitting his russian brand huggies.

The league will create whatever retribution the Pens do decide on. At this point, I wouldn't be against 11 forwards and 7 defensemen, with 1 being Pedan.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It's not a part of the Pens game, so it will never happen.

But there are days like this, I wish we had a Kasparaitis, or someone vicious like that, that would just flat out catch someone like Ovy with his head down and send him mentally back to his backyard in Russia where he's eating mud and ****ting his russian brand huggies.

The league will create whatever retribution the Pens do decide on. At this point, I wouldn't be against 11 forwards and 7 defensemen, with 1 being Pedan.

In typical NHL fashion, I bet the league would come down harder on any retribution against Wilson that the Pens dish out than they do on Wilson himself.

"He's allowed to launch himself constantly into your players' heads, but don't you dare have someone throw a flying elbow at his head! We can't have that thuggery in our league!"

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
The worst part of this is Oleksiak is obviously the guy who would have to put on the goon gloves but the looming threat of Sully having to play Hunwick keeps him from doing anything "worthwhile". Is it too late to bring back Sestito and Reeves? Maybe a little high-low action?

The NHL will not do anything about Wilson until its Crosby or Marchand or Stamkos out with a broken face, and they've created these sorts of problems by curtailing the players' ability to self-police.

Last edited:
Reactions: Honour Over Glory

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Hey, NHL, would you do something about the guy with a lengthy history of dirty, dangerous, and deliberate hits that injure players?

9Hj.gif

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The worst part of this is Oleksiak is obviously the guy who would have to put on the goon gloves but the looming threat of Sully having to play Hunwick keeps him from doing anything "worthwhile". Is it too late to bring back Sestito and Reeves? Maybe a little high-low action?

The NHL will not do anything about Wilson until its Crosby or Marchand or Stamkos out with a broken face, and they've created these sorts of problems by curtailing the players' ability to self-police.

This is why the 11-7 works, Pedan comes in, demolishes Wilson, then he's back to being a black ace and we get a 12th forward back for Game 5.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
You guys realize anybody coming in just to act as a hitman for Wilson A. wastes a roster spot in a series we're already down in, and we've been outplayed heavily for long stretches, B. runs the risk of further destabilizing the games, and C. puts their lethal power play on the ice for 5 minutes, right? :laugh:

Nothing can be done about Wilson if the NHL isn't going to suspend him. Sending a guy to take him out has way too many disadvantages. You know how you can make him pay? Win the f***ing series. That's a big enough challenge as is, don't make it more difficult for ourselves.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
You guys realize anybody coming in just to act as a hitman for Wilson A. wastes a roster spot in a series we're already down in, and we've been outplayed heavily for long stretches, B. runs the risk of further destabilizing the games, and C. puts their lethal power play on the ice for 5 minutes, right? :laugh:

Nothing can be done about Wilson if the NHL isn't going to suspend him. Sending a guy to take him out has way too many disadvantages. You know how you can make him pay? Win the ****ing series. That's a big enough challenge as is, don't make it more difficult for ourselves.
Pretty much this. Win the series, send them golfing. If we lose this series I'll probably log out until September. But we can only beat them if we start getting scoring from other lines, the team as is can't get it done and Caps ARE getting their secondary scoring. I dunno how we lost game 3, 3 shot 3rd period? that's about as gross as Wilsons humanity card. Now I gotta go to work and hear people laugh at me saying how Wilson is awesome and old time hockey bs.

imouttahereEdWinger

Jan 22, 2014

Where could you possibly come up with this idea? Crosby was aggravated assaulted with a weapon
by this same team twice in the span of 3 seconds and concussed and neither player was punished.

Star status in this league means nothing. This isn't the NFL.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

Nothing can be done about Wilson if the NHL isn't going to suspend him. Sending a guy to take him out has way too many disadvantages. You know how you can make him pay? Win the ****ing series. That's a big enough challenge as is, don't make it more difficult for ourselves.

This is why you do not go after Wilson, you go after their stars. But not like thugs. You do what Wilson does. You do not let up on some hits. When Backstrom lays motionless on the ice because Oleksiak didn't let up on a hit and his 6'8 frame inevitably hit Backstrom in the head, you have revenge.

It sucks, it is barbaric, but the league alloys it so...

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
This is why you do not go after Wilson, you go after their stars. But not like thugs. You do what Wilson does. You do not let up on some hits. When Backstrom lays motionless on the ice because Oleksiak didn't let up on a hit and his 6'8 frame inevitably hit Backstrom in the head, you have revenge.

It sucks, it is barbaric, but the league alloys it so...
Hey... I’m an eye for an eye mentality of a person. So I’m all for Big-O laying out Backstrom, Kuzy, etc and come up with their helmet in hand. Chuck It into the stands Gladiator style while screaming “ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!!!”

:laugh:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Yeah, as much as I'd love Wilson to get maimed by a Pen, a playoff series isn't the time to do it. Best way to end his antics is to send them golfing.

As we saw last night, Wilson's not going to fight someone tough. Oleksiak got in his face and Wilson skated away. So even if we had Sestito/Reaves/whoever, the best they could do is jump him and earn the Caps a PP to score more goals on us.

The NHL is the one that should be acting as the "enforcer" in these situations. But instead, it refuses to take action.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
This is really bad news...we need him....
There seem to be conflicting reports. Some are reporting that he didn't wear the no-contact sweater, some are saying he didn't take any contact in the optional practice and then Werner Tweeted that Hagelin said he wasn't cleared yet, so IDK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->