Confirmed with Link: Update: Lowry suspended 1 game for hit on Kaleta

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
He was running around the whole game, threw a chicken wing on Frolik, hit high on Lowry earlier, rubbed Little out hard on the boards a little bit dirty, went hard after Kane trying to run him over. Was doing all this while wearing full facial protection so it's understandable guys being pissed off at him

Nothing wrong with physical play, either way two wrongs don't make aright. Dumb hit. If you want pay back drop the gloves, use a clean hit, etc, not a dangerous dumb hit.

ihadtochangethename

Sep 1, 2012
USA
Nothing wrong with physical play, either way two wrongs don't make aright. Dumb hit. If you want pay back drop the gloves, use a clean hit, etc, not a dangerous dumb hit.

Pretty much this!

Kaleta was doing his job as the agitator. Disappointed to see Adam suspended in his first season but then again i suppose this is the season to do it. Learn what NOT to do now. He's a good kid, i'm sure it wont happen again.

I've seen Trouba lay off some hits that would have made him a repeat repeat repeat offender by now. If a super physical young D can find a way not to build a bad reputation a young C certainly can.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
If a super physical young D can find a way not to build a bad reputation a young C certainly can.

I've read this bad reputation narrative a few times in this thread, where is this coming from? Honestly, the guy lays an unfortunate hit on one of the bigger idiots in the league and he's on his way to earning a reputation, oy vey!

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I've read this bad reputation narrative a few times in this thread, where is this coming from? Honestly, the guy lays an unfortunate hit on one of the bigger idiots in the league and he's on his way to earning a reputation, oy vey!

That's how it starts, or at least could. If it happens again he is a repeat offender.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
That's how it starts, or at least could. If it happens again he is a repeat offender.

It didn't take until Matt Cooke got suspended for people to classify him as a dirty player, he earned it well before that. Lowry has never been portrayed that way and I don't think this changes that. Just think some people are making a bit much of this, that's all.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Sure, but he's never been known to be a 'dirty' player. Hopefully this is a one off - it doesn't fit his character.

It didn't take until Matt Cooke got suspended for people to classify him as a dirty player, he earned it well before that. Lowry has never been portrayed that way and I don't think this changes that. Just think some people are making a bit much of this, that's all.

agree. I don't expect this to become a habit with him. Just pointing out that reputations are like habits. Good ones are hard to get and bad ones are hard to get rid of. Outside of Jets fans the seed has already been planted. If he makes a similar mistake 3 years from now people will recall this one.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Sure, but he's never been known to be a 'dirty' player. Hopefully this is a one off - it doesn't fit his character.

Yeah and I would bet dollars to donuts that his Dad spoke to him about this as well, not to mention of course the Jets coaching staff, zero worries about this happening again with him. He's going to continue to hit players hard but they'll be good clean hits.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It was a really bad hit in a heated game and IMO a ****** bag baited him into taking a really ill advised charge. Adam is a smart kid he will learn from this mistake but he needs to keep an edge to his game so I can't say it won't happen again for sure. I have never seen him play dirty until this hit but he plays a very physical game and when you do that **** can happen.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Lowry deserved the suspension and I don't like seeing our players throw hits like that but Kaleta shouldn't be in the league imo. All he does is try to injure people, he ended Paul Karyia's career with a cheap high hit and has a history of head hunting.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Lowry deserved the suspension and I don't like seeing our players throw hits like that but Kaleta shouldn't be in the league imo. All he does is try to injure people, he ended Paul Karyia's career with a cheap high hit and has a history of head hunting.

Yep: Lowry's hit was inadvisable and deserved a fine or suspension, but Kaleta should be no where NEAR an NHL rink anymore - one of, if not the dirtiest POS's in the game.

10 game suspension:

A full game of garbage plays (watch the head-butt on Zajac followed by Kaleta's headsnap to draw a penalty):

Headbutt on Vorachek:

Elbow to the head of Kariya - this contributed to Kariya's retirement. I think I'd rather watch Kariya play than a no-talent cheapshot artist like Kaleta:

Hit from behind on Richards:

I could continue, but I'd hit the character limit on this post. I'm not excusing Lowry's play - he should not have hit Kaleta like that. What I'm saying is: Kaleta should not be in this league anymore.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yea YWG nice video collection. :help:

Wish Adam didn't throw the hit but I am glad Kaleta got run from behind. The sooner this guy is out of the league the better.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Yea YWG nice video collection. :help:

Wish Adam didn't throw the hit but I am glad Kaleta got run from behind. The sooner this guy is out of the league the better.

He drew a major penalty (and a minor).

That was probably his most successful game of the season so he'll probably get more ice from it, not less.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Lowry showing some pretty good contrition in the Freep today, what I like most is him saying it's not going to change the way he plays. He's sorry it happened but also takes a bit of a **** happens attitude.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
He drew a major penalty (and a minor).

That was probably his most successful game of the season so he'll probably get more ice from it, not less.

Yea he did his job and paid the price. Glad we ended up with a win but you can bet he will be front and centre in our next match up.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Lowry showing some pretty good contrition in the Freep today, what I like most is him saying it's not going to change the way he plays. He's sorry it happened but also takes a bit of a **** happens attitude.

Yep, Lowry said all the right things.

It's a one-off learning experience that worked out best of a bad scenario given the target of the hit.

dobiezeke*

So what? He isn't a top 6 player. Other teams will now know that he is on the ice and perhaps a defenseman going back in his own end will hurry his pass because Lowry is coming in.

He didn't hit Crosby from behind...

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
While the hit was wrong, I think Kaleta did his best Eric Roberts School of Overacting on that one...

But that is just my opinion.

Lowry should not have made that hit, period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad