Confirmed with Link: Update: Lowry suspended 1 game for hit on Kaleta

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@NHLPlayerSafety: Winnipeg forward Adam Lowry will have a hearing today for boarding Buffalo forward Patrick Kaleta.

[mod update]

Suspended for one game:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=741268

NEW YORK -- Winnipeg Jets forward Adam Lowry has been suspended for one game, without pay, for boarding Buffalo Sabres forward Patrick Kaleta during NHL Game No. 323 in Buffalo on Wednesday, November 26, the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety announced today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Derfel*

I can not believe there would be a suspension on:

- a body hit
- no injury
- first offense

... let's remember this was a 2-minute penalty only:

FortunateLonelyAmericangoldfinch.gif

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

- a body hit
- no injury
- first offense

Kaletta was bleeding, it looked a bit intentional, retaliation. I could see a 1 gamer for this.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?

- a body hit
- no injury
- first offense

FortunateLonelyAmericangoldfinch.gif

well at least the flame player showed remorse :laugh:

I'm gunna X-post what I wrote in the main board thread.

Kaleta was running around and hitting high with a visor and jawguard (or whatever it's called) on.

Lowry is an old school type of guy.

This isn't rocket science, just look at the way the other jets treated him as he left the ice, everyone seemed to be congratulating him. It's really stupid to think like that, but this sort of element is still in the NHL, like it or not.

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
He'll get 2 games, minimum. 2-4 games, I would guess.

He's a first timer and was penalized on the play, so that mitigates it a bit, but this is exactly the kind of hit the NHL has been trying to get rid of for some time now.

DiggerD

Nov 21, 2014
Adam will get 1-2 games from the League......and 100-200 thank you cards from players in the league. Kaleta is a royal ******.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
there should be a minimal suspension. It was blatant in my opinion. And I think he realized it right after. Live and learn but that kind of hit should not be in the NHL.

Derfel*

So what about the head hit on Postma from the night before? Not even a penalty?

We're effed against Boston if we're down another player...

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Garbutt's hearing (knee on Hall) is at noon ET today; Lowry's hearing (boarding on Kaleta) is at 1 pm ET

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Must have missed it, what time is Boll's hearing for his hit on Postma?:rant:

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I really hope I'm wrong, but my gut is telling me that Lowry will get a suspension. Just seems to be how the refs and the league roll with Winnipeg. I don't understand how we top the league in penalty minutes -- we are not a dirty team like the Bruins (who seem to perpetually get free passes) or Penguins.

I don't like the hit. Kaleta is a dirtbag and was hitting high and hiding behind a full mask. I can't tell you how much I hate dirty players who hide inside a fishbowl like that. He deserved retribution, but you don't give a guy what's coming to him like that. It's just too dangerous and there are other better ways. I'm disappointed in Lowry -- I don't think he's dirty and hate to see his reputation stained -- but I can see how in the heat of the moment this happened.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
I really hope I'm wrong, but my gut is telling me that Lowry will get a suspension. Just seems to be how the refs and the league roll with Winnipeg. I don't understand how we top the league in penalty minutes -- we are not a dirty team like the Bruins (who seem to perpetually get free passes) or Penguins.

I don't like the hit. Kaleta is a dirtbag and was hitting high and hiding behind a full mask. I can't tell you how much I hate dirty players who hide inside a fishbowl like that. He deserved retribution, but you don't give a guy what's coming to him like that. It's just too dangerous and there are other better ways. I'm disappointed in Lowry -- I don't think he's dirty and hate to see his reputation stained -- but I can see how in the heat of the moment this happened.

What utter nonsense. The league or refs treat Winnipeg no different than any other team. Has a Winnipeg player ever even been suspended before? I can't think of any. Lowry's hit was completly over the line. It was't a bang bang play. It was him targetting a guy wth his head to the boards and completely following thrugh with he check

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
What utter nonsense. The league or refs treat Winnipeg no different than any other team. Has a Winnipeg player ever even been suspended before? I can't think of any. Lowry's hit was completly over the line. It was't a bang bang play. It was him targetting a guy wth his head to the boards and completely following thrugh with he check

Peluso was suspended for 3 games. Agree that Lowry's hit was bad.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB

You're telling me the dirt bags in Boston don't get special treatment by the league? Or the Islanders? The Kings? (Okay not them. Just Dustin Brown) Because they do.
Jets aren't a dirty team. Lowry made a split second decision and made the wrong one. You also forgetting that Kaleta looked at the ref as he was going down? He sold it a lot. Still a bad hit though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad