Up-and-coming prospects from non-traditional hockey countries

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Global Development: Prospect To Watch Tai Ushio

I saw he was already mentioned on here, but Taisetsu Ushio had 12 points in 7 games played in the CSSHL U18 league. December 2005 born and their last game played was in November so every point he scored was scored as 14 year old

He is playing in Detroit this season for .Little Caesars 16U AAA

Little Caesars 16U AAA at eliteprospects.com

Some reports on him so far

Global Development: Prospect To Watch Tai Ushio

He even has his own prospects page so that's something......or maybe not

Potential Prospect: Tai Ushio(2024 NHL Draft)

Gianpaolo

Jan 28, 2006
While getting lost down the rabbit hole of Elite Prospects I found some interesting Italian players.

These players are 04 and 05 so way too early to draw conclusions. Take a look yourself

Alessandro Segafredo

Damian Clara

Tommaso Madaschi

Tommaso De Luca

Tommaso Madaschi has 28 goals and 25 assists so far in 34 games played for EHC Biel in the Under 17 Swiss league this season.
May be another Italian player is going to be selected at the CHL Import drafts for the next season?

Boston37

Apr 26, 2016
Alexandre Monarque. Going purely off of stats. He just turned 14 on august 27. He’s from France playing in Swiss juniors. Lit up under 15 elite has a 13 year old. His EP page shows he’s very small but in 2 games at u17 elite level has 2 goals and 2 assists. And he just turned 14. Anyone know anything about him? Texier has shown France may be figuring it out eventually.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Alexandre Monarque. Going purely off of stats. He just turned 14 on august 27. He’s from France playing in Swiss juniors. Lit up under 15 elite has a 13 year old. His EP page shows he’s very small but in 2 games at u17 elite level has 2 goals and 2 assists. And he just turned 14. Anyone know anything about him? Texier has shown France may be figuring it out eventually.

Is France still a non-traditional ice-hockey country? IMO it is no anymore.

Estonia, China, Japan, Hungary....

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
He doesn't seem that outstanding, honestly. Swiss junior leagues are not very competitive at the best of times and he isn't posting numbers that are exactly far ahead of the pack (he was 2nd U14 in PPG last year). We (Lithuania) actually had 2 U14 scoring at 2 PPG (albeit in an even more limited sample size of games), sadly I'm fairly certain we don't have 2 Texiers brewing there all of the sudden.

Then again, Jukna definitely did deserve a mention in this thread sooner or later so I suppose this is as good a time as any.

Reactions: BKarchitect

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Is that so? Why do good swiss players keep coming up then? Dont comment on a league you dont follow.
There is a reason that high end Swiss talent have to go to the CHL or move to Sweden in order to further their career’s.
Is it a bad development league? Not nessasarily - but as a high end talent from Switzerland you’re better off playing In the more competitive Swedish hockey system - it’s a big reason why Lian Bischel went so high this year.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
He doesn't seem that outstanding, honestly. Swiss junior leagues are not very competitive at the best of times and he isn't posting numbers that are exactly far ahead of the pack (he was 2nd U14 in PPG last year). We (Lithuania) actually had 2 U14 scoring at 2 PPG (albeit in an even more limited sample size of games), sadly I'm fairly certain we don't have 2 Texiers brewing there all of the sudden.

Then again, Jukna definitely did deserve a mention in this thread sooner or later so I suppose this is as good a time as any.
He finished tied for 104th in scoring in the 21-22 WSI U14 tournament so it's a little premature to even call him a "prospect" in any traditional sense.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Is that so? Why do good swiss players keep coming up then? Dont comment on a league you dont follow.
I think you just gave a tip for yourself :laugh: Also, good to know if war comes you have enough salt for an entire neighborhood :laugh:

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I have compiled some interesting names for a while and I’d thought I’d share them. I also wanted to bump this thread to get some names I haven’t yet gotten. I have only seen a small percentage of these kids games, so take this with some caution.

Austria:

Belarus:

Croatia:

Denmark:

Estonia:

France:

Hungary:

Italy:

Latvia:

Lithuania:

Norway:

Slovenia:

Turkey:

Ukraine:

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I don't know if they have been mentioned and as of now I have not seen enough of them myself to say if there is anything close to NHL upside with them, but Ukrainians Platon Isayev and Arsienii Voroteliak (both playing for Düsseldorf in Germany this season) have peaked my interest, and I plan to watch several of their games from this season over the next 6-8 weeks. Some older games as well as some more recent ones.

Isayev has a few clips linked to his profile page on eliteprospects, beyond that I have only seen one period of play involving both players. Once I have seen more, I'll come back and share my thoughts.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I have compiled some interesting names for a while and I’d thought I’d share them. I also wanted to bump this thread to get some names I haven’t yet gotten. I have only seen a small percentage of these kids games, so take this with some caution.

Austria:

Belarus:

Croatia:

Denmark:

Estonia:

France:

Hungary:

Italy:

Latvia:

Lithuania:

Norway:

Slovenia:

Turkey:

Ukraine:
Not sure if you want to add Latvia, I get they love hockey but smaller nation due to population. Here are some interesting names for the U18 team.

czech

Feb 23, 2009
At the recently concluded "VSI Elite-2009" tournament, the Kazakh forward Ilya Gromov scored the most goals. In terms of the number of goals scored, he was ahead of many of the leading European players born in '09, such as Dorian Eklund-Aspe, Oliver Sundberg, Simon Karlsson, Oliver Raimovaara, Eliáš Matoušek, Sebastian Taliga.

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Since for some reason a separate topic about Torataro Horie was closed, I will write here. I have been following this Japanese prodigy for almost three years now. The player is progressing internationally as well. In particular, at the recently ended representative tournament WSI Slapshot '12, Torataro played for the national team of Latvia and was the best in his team. Also, in the overall standings, he entered the top ten snipers of the tournament, ahead of, in particular, the strongest Swedes in the 12th year, such as Gustav Wennberg and Ante Begic. I really hope that he will become the best Japanese hockey player of all time.

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
True. :laugh:

But compared to some of the other kids that play in the German junior leagues he is not that small. But for international play he will definitely have to get bigger. At least he won't turn 15 until December, so he might yet reach 6 feet. Or at least get close to it.

He is a very long shot, but I found it intriguing that he is putting up decent numbers as a 14 year old in a league, where many players are 2 or 3 years older.
But I guess this guy is a little more promising Leon Draisaitl.
He sure has the hockey pedigree to become a good player.
Wow, props.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad