Speculation: Unusual predictions for the up coming season

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
LMAO Josh Bailey will never put up 50 points... i can not wait untill this dead weight is no longer on this team.... he is just not that good.. i wish he had a twitter account i will let hum know this.. i hate this guy more then i do the rangers

I think the guy meant 50 turnovers at his own blue line. Or, perhaps, he meant 50 fade away thoughts about an attempted hit.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Just watch as the "tough" Kyle Okposo backs away from Jonathan Drouin, opening a whole bunch of new passing lanes for him.

Go to 0:06
https://youtu.be/_I1gmvYIzEA

That was bad, but I could point to a few things that went wrong there. Okposo misread that play and gave Drouin too much space, but the goal scorer should have been covered by at least one of Tavares or Nielsen. That's also a fail on both those guys, plus Capuano for having two centers out there along with two of the weaker defensive forwards late and protecting a lead on a defensive draw.

Capuano has to call a TO and run the 4th line back out there. That's the real fail.... we all knew KO was weak defensively.

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
That was bad, but I could point to a few things that went wrong there. Okposo misread that play and gave Drouin too much space, but the goal scorer should have been covered by at least one of Tavares or Nielsen. That's also a fail on both those guys, plus Capuano for having two centers out there along with two of the weaker defensive forwards late and protecting a lead on a defensive draw.

Capuano has to call a TO and run the 4th line back out there. That's the real fail.... we all knew KO was weak defensively.

He's weak in the hockey sense department. That's why I won't miss him.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
You guys are both wrong. Capuano is the second best coach since Al Arbour. He is a hockey super genius, an amalgam of Lex Luther, Einstein, and Toe Blake. If his strategy doesn't work it is because he meant it not to work. He is three pages past where we are in the movie.

Anyone throw up yet, because I can keep going.

My prediction, Capuano reveals he used to be named Bobby Fischer.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
A player not currently on the Isles will finish second in scoring behind Tavares.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Isles strike a deal for brand new arena in Queens.
(Mod Edit)
Arena deal immediately put on hold.
NHL insists Wang have full control of hockey ops.
Lamarieollo fired.
Payroll slashed
Wang starts working on Lighthouse 3.0 deal with Nassau.
Press conference announces that isles will be moving back to the coliseum in 2112. Rush petitions to play inaugural concert at new arena.
Wang dies of a heart attack. Fat son takes over.
NVMC deal immediately put on hold.
Sumo goalie finally makes appearance for isles. Wang junior declares "it was pops' final wish."
Tavares demands trade
Tavares and hamonic traded to Edmonton for picks.
Ladd traded at deadline for moulson.
Isles finish dead last.
Snow trades #1 pick to buffalo for okposo
Snow fired
Broadway Jay named GM

Last edited by a moderator:

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006
Isles strike a deal for brand new arena in Queens.
(Mod Edit)
Arena deal immediately put on hold.
NHL insists Wang have full control of hockey ops.
Lamarieollo fired.
Payroll slashed
Wang starts working on Lighthouse 3.0 deal with Nassau.
Press conference announces that isles will be moving back to the coliseum in 2112. Rush petitions to play inaugural concert at new arena.
Wang dies of a heart attack. Fat son takes over.
NVMC deal immediately put on hold.
Sumo goalie finally makes appearance for isles. Wang junior declares "it was pops' final wish."
Tavares demands trade
Tavares and hamonic traded to Edmonton for picks.
Ladd traded at deadline for moulson.
Isles finish dead last.
Snow trades #1 pick to buffalo for okposo
Snow fired
Broadway Jay named GM

Sorry. I'm usually all for the satire, but this is pretty tasteless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
I think Carolina will be really really good.

I think leddy will have a year that propels him to the top of the top nhl dmen.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Before 2016 is gone the isles snatch Brian Strait for the second time as the Jets try to sneak him through waivers. The man who is 42nd on the isles all time career games played list for a D man
will once again be patrolling the blue line in Brooklyn. I'd just like to wish everyone a merry Christmas in advance. Welcome back Warrior !!!!!

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
PAP finishes in the top 20 in NHL scoring.

By the end of the season we're discussing whether we should protect Shane Prince.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Isles trade Strome and a 2nd for Fowler and don't protect him at the expansion draft and he resigns with NYI after LV skips on him due to pending UFA status. We end up losing de Haan in the expansion draft and are able to keep Nelson and Lee.

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
Buffalo fans will be calling for Okposo's head by January.

I don't have any Islanders predictions, but this probably the most accurate prediction. Pegula is too involved, and Tim Murray should've never been hired out of scouting. Buffalo is doomed to another 5 years of awful.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Isles trade Strome and a 2nd for Fowler and don't protect him at the expansion draft and he resigns with NYI after LV skips on him due to pending UFA status. We end up losing de Haan in the expansion draft and are able to keep Nelson and Lee.

My last prediction : Isles have the worst 2nd line in the NHL with Nelson, Lee, Strome and most of them finish on the third line by season's end.

Not to get off topic.... but if you feel this way about Strome/Lee/Nelson, why would you be pushing for the above trade to happen? Wouldn't you rather lose one of those 3 and keep Calvin de Haan? Does not compute

JerseyJoe

Feb 26, 2012
Some where in Jersey
Team trades Strome, Dal Colle, and de Hann for Kucherov
Barzal earns 2nd line center from the go and tops 50 points playing
between Lee and Nichushkin.
During camp we trade Greiss and a 1st to get Nichushkin and a cap dump.
Nelson centers 3rd line between Chimera and PAP
Kul-CC-Clutter 4th line
Bailey traded for a 4th.
Prince extra forward.
Grabo to LTIR for cap space.

this would be a lottery win.
just switch Griess for Halak and put Bailey instead of 1st rounder.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Sorry. I'm usually all for the satire, but this is pretty tasteless.

I thought that was the most accurate picture of what could happen this year. Far better than the reality which will probably take place:

"Isles begin season 5-5, and haven't really shown any exciting play or desire to take the team to the next level"

"Halak hasn't returned to the form we know he has shown in the past"

"HF board member falls down in upper level and sues Barclays, Isles ownership, and other members of HF due to his injuries"

"Exciting bit to Isles game today, as Honda has upgraded the CRV to a Pilot. Come down and check it out"

"Bailey dazzles crowd by icing puck, via backhander.... Niiiiicccceeeeeeeee"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad