Speculation: Unusual predictions for the up coming season

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
PAP has a better season points wise than Andrew Ladd.

Boychuk comes back as our #2 defensemen.

Halak does not get traded and becomes our #1 goalie again.

Shane Prince scores 17 goals.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Multiple fans break their ankles on Cupholders, as they jump up and down when Tavares lifts the cup.

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006
Nelson has an Okposo-type revelation that it is ok to use your size and play with some intestinal fortitude...goes for 30 goals, but has a grabner type assist total. 42 points

Strome remembers how to play hockey and just misses out on 20 goals but has a healthy amount of helpers and reaches 50pts.

Nobody on the Ladd-JT-PAP line has less than 65 points.

When the hell did that ever happen besides 1 playoff series?

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
Josh Ho-Sang not only puts his foot on the ice on the first day of camp, but he also is worthy of consideration for a nine games look.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Isles will be a fringe playoff team. Snow expresses surprise at the high cost sellers demand at the trade deadline.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Leddy has over 50 points. Isles pp is top 5, but the pk is bottom 10. Goaltenders will regress and we will be a boarder line playoff team.

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
When the hell did that ever happen besides 1 playoff series?

Okposo remains to be grossly overrated. Some memories revised when it comes to his play. He was at his best in Tavares' first year, and he never returned to form. I still blame him for Game 2 vs. the Lightning. He plays tough on Drouin in the finale minute, we win that game.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Okposo remains to be grossly overrated. Some memories revised when it comes to his play. He was at his best in Tavares' first year, and he never returned to form. I still blame him for Game 2 vs. the Lightning. He plays tough on Drouin in the finale minute, we win that game.

I would say Okposo was grossly underrated by most nyi fans and his best play came long side Bailey and Frans Nielsen.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Ho-Sang makes the team out of camp, ends the season on the top line and is a Calder Trophy finalist.

John Tavares wins Hart, Art Ross, Ted Lindsay and Messier Trophies. HF still rates Kopitar, Toews, Giroux and McDavid ahead of him.

JZCislesHockey

Jul 29, 2013
Long Island, NY
Ho-Sang makes the team out of camp, ends the season on the top line and is a Calder Trophy finalist.

John Tavares wins Hart, Art Ross, Ted Lindsay and Messier Trophies. HF still rates Kopitar, Toews, Giroux and McDavid ahead of him.

I think one of Barzal or Ho-Sang makes the team and is the next rookie sensation. Dal Colle might see some action but I think he needs more development. I also think that Strome will bounce back and score around 60 points.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
I think one of Barzal or Ho-Sang makes the team and is the next rookie sensation. Dal Colle might see some action but I think he needs more development. I also think that Strome will bounce back and score around 60 points.

I think one of Nelson/Lee/Strome are gone by the start of 2017-18 season. Party due to one of those three (JHS, MDC, Barzal) breaking out.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
If any young player (rookie) gets league wide attention, I feel it will be Pulock. He has scored at every level... I know 15 Games is an extremely small sample size but even if you scale his production up to a full season of play, he's putting up 10G and 10A based on his performance last season.

Factor in the experience he will gain and increased PP time, double digit goal total is well within reach. While the masses may not agree, I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the season he is producing at a 0.5 PPG rate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad