Unpopular Wrestling Opinions

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I hate people that refer to wrestling as "the business" and some of you are guilty of this.

Same with referring to wrestlers as "the boys".

RR44

Jan 29, 2024
A few opinions:

-Bianca Belair is a charisma vacuum and is arguably the most boring character in wrestling history

-love to see Eric Bischoff back working in wrestling as an active member...preferably as a heel, his work in NWO was brilliant

-Chris Jericho should have stayed in WWE...he is being overused in AEW and is hurting his legacy

-Hollywood Hogan is the finest work Terry Bollea has ever done in wrestling

-WWF should never have torpedoed Muhammad Hassan...the nuclear heat he could generate was as good as it gets and would have gone down as arguably the finest heel ever

RR44

Jan 29, 2024
In retrospect, HHH sticks out like sore thumb in DX. He just doesn't seem to match the part and seems to be trying really hard to mask it.
His kicking out Michaels with his "dropping the ball" speech was brilliant...I bought in 100% he was the leader of DX. HHH is polarizing but that was some of his best work.

On that line of thought, Lawler doesn't get enough credit for his heel work against ECW in 97. Especially having the cojones to show up in the ECW Arena
I always got the feeling Lawler was legit, an actual tough guy.

Reactions: capazzo

RR44

Jan 29, 2024
Unpopular opinion: I think the WWE product is overrated. The bloodline was fantastic but now it's just back to same old same old. I'm not invested in anything and it reminds me of episodes from like 2011.
The product is going to get much better in 2025...my only complaint is not enough time invested in storylines, excepting the Bloodline which has been some superb stuff.

Here’s another couple…

HBK vs Bret @ Wrestlemania 12 is the most overrated match of all time.

Batista was always garbage.
Hart vs Austin WM 13 is much better

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
A few opinions:

-Bianca Belair is a charisma vacuum and is arguably the most boring character in wrestling history

-love to see Eric Bischoff back working in wrestling as an active member...preferably as a heel, his work in NWO was brilliant

-Chris Jericho should have stayed in WWE...he is being overused in AEW and is hurting his legacy

-WWF should never have torpedoed Muhammad Hassan...the nuclear heat he could generate was as good as it gets and would have gone down as arguably the finest heel ever
You mean to tell me whipping your pony tail back and forth isn't the most charismatic thing in wrestling history?

Reactions: RR44

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Rock VS Roman is the biggest match they can do and is therefore the right call.

Wrestlemania is the biggest show, you do your biggest match in the main event of your biggest show.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

This is a perfect example of not understanding the difference between good heat and bad heat. The mock beheading angle was in such horrible taste and got so much wrong heat that the US TV network SmackDown aired on outright demanded he be removed from the show. It was an awful gimmick that pretty much killed the guy's career.

RR44

Jan 29, 2024
This is a perfect example of not understanding the difference between good heat and bad heat. The mock beheading angle was in such horrible taste and got so much wrong heat that the US TV network SmackDown aired on outright demanded he be removed from the show. It was an awful gimmick that pretty much killed the guy's career.
The mock beheading angle is not true...so you are making up this up in order to have a petulant pop at a poster. The masked men kneeling was showing allegiance to Hassan + Daivari being used as a sacrificial lamb and carried out like a martyr in no way was a mock beheading ritual.

Perhaps I should have been more specific rather than assume you'd understand my point. The WWF should have never had that angle w/The Undertaker...that's what I was alluding to re: torpedoing his career. The WWF did not need to cross the line, he was already the hottest heel on the roster.

You mean to tell me whipping your pony tail back and forth isn't the most charismatic thing in wrestling history?
It's downright awful :laugh:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

I do think the Hassan character could have drawn a lot of "good" heat in terms of the fans, where it would draw "bad" heat is with the advertisers or tv networks executives who wouldn't want to be associated with such a controversial storyline

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I like Belair. The only thing that sucks is when Graves is announcing when she wrestles. Annoying as hell.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I like Belair. The only thing that sucks is when Graves is announcing when she wrestles. Annoying as hell.

I think the performer has potential but her character has had zero development essentially since she debuted on the main roster all the way back in 2020. Same music, same catchphrases, same schtick, etc.

Even the greatest wrestling characters evolve. Time for Belair to do the same.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I think the performer has potential but her character has had zero development essentially since she debuted on the main roster all the way back in 2020. Same music, same catchphrases, same schtick, etc.

Even the greatest wrestling characters evolve. Time for Belair to do the same.
They need to give her a program. Since losing the title, she hasn't been involved in anything.

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
They need to give her a program. Since losing the title, she hasn't been involved in anything.

A heel turn would help her but I also think she's one of the more popular stars among young girls and likely does a lot of appearances outside the ring on behalf of WWE. Then factor in her new show with Montez it doesn't scream a good time to turn her into a heel despite her character overall needing some freshening up.

Give her a new program and a new theme song wouldn't hurt.....at all.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Rock VS Roman is the biggest match they can do and is therefore the right call.

Wrestlemania is the biggest show, you do your biggest match in the main event of your biggest show.

Knew this was going to happen after they hinted at it in Young Rock.

Reigns wants to play fight and The Rock says something along the lines of "we gotta do that on a much bigger stage"

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I don't think anything is botched in fact after that press conference I'm more intrigued than I have been in YEARS
THIS. I guess this remains as an unpopular opinion. This is the best storyline in a long time. The Sami/Bloodline stuff was great, but this, even as it's only just starting, is even better.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
A few opinions:

Buddy of mine said Jericho is the real life version of Mickey Rourke in The Wrestler; I can't unsee it.

Reactions: CDJ and RR44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad