Post-Game Talk: "Unfortunately, since I bet on the other team, uh, we won't be going for pizza." (Jets 4 Flames 1)

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Was hoping Stanley was Going to ride Goudreau into/through the boards, but he never did :(

It certainly is nice to have some really big size/toughness on defence.
Wasn't there a gif of Bogosian or someone running someone through the moon or something back in the day?

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I still say they should go with 5 forwards on the PP now with Dubois here. Scheifele, Connor , Ehlers , Wheeler and Dubois. :nod:

I "hugely" agree with you here @Jets 31 -- we need to have guys that have 2 qualities on the point -- a hard accurate slap shot, and speed to rush the net with, and to me that equals Schiefele and Ehlers on the point, but I may go with PLD, but haven't seen his shot yet, put he could replace Schiefele and center ice on the PP, and drop Schief back on the blueline with Ehlers.

PLD has great hands in close, as shown on his hi -lite reel ( like Connor) but I haven't seen his shot from 20-25 out ?? I wonder ??

I'd love to see this, and they'd be scoring a lot of goals. :nod:

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Beaulieu wasn't bad.

He's obviously not a top pair guy but I think he's done really well subbing up. Last night he did throw the puck away a bit more than the game before. I think that Demelo should be pushing his way back.

This Beaulieu is terrible meme is tired.

Please don't @ me with a bunch of stats that have been proven to be imperfect at best.

I'm with you here Jet on Beaulieu --as I think he's played pretty damn good hockey this year for the Jets, plus he's physical, and will stand up for his teammates.

This reminds me of Chiarot, when he started and everyone on here was attacking him, but he's turned out to be a decent NHL defenceman. I think Beaulieu is still maturing and developing, and improving his game. Fans should get off his back IMO.

Reactions: Jet

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018

I'm with you here Jet on Beaulieu --as I think he's played pretty damn good hockey this year for the Jets, plus he's physical, and will stand up for his teammates.

This reminds me of Chiarot, when he started and everyone on here was attacking him, but he's turned out to be a decent NHL defenceman. I think Beaulieu is still maturing and developing, and improving his game. Fans should get off his back IMO.

I thought Chiarot was fantastic and he’s doing pretty well in Montreal.
Myers was also derided for perceived deficiencies.
Chiarot and Myers would probably be the top pairing on this team but people were constantly tearing into them.

Beauleau is getting the same treatment now.

jetsnblues

Jan 23, 2021
Vesalainen was very noticeable, in a good way for his 5:42 of ice time. Was surprised it was so low as there were a number of times I said "good shift" for that line.

Keep it up boys!

And oh ya, I had 4-1 Jets in the prediction thread :) Only Logan Stanley stopped me from a hat trick there! Next time.....
i thought Ves was pretty much un noticeable until last night i felt he looked a lot more confident but would have liked a bit more ice time for that line, Gus too

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Chiarot and Myers would probably be the top pairing on this team but people were constantly tearing into them.

Totally agree with you @Tommigun and we would love to have both Myers and Chiarot right now. You can't seem to make some of these posters happy, and appreciate a good thing while you have it, until their gone, and then it's too late, and they all cry about our poor defence right now.

Give this Beaulieu a chance --he's developing fine right now.

Reactions: Tommigun

Pandemonia

Aug 30, 2020

Boo-Boo isn't getting anywhere near the negative treatment that Myers is getting from the Vancouver fans and media.

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

jetsnblues

Jan 23, 2021

Totally agree with you @Tommigun and we would love to have both Myers and Chiarot right now. You can't seem to make some of these posters happy, and appreciate a good thing while you have it, until their gone, and then it's too late, and they all cry about our poor defence right now.

Give this Beaulieu a chance --he's developing fine right now.
Myers, Chiarot, Buf, Trouba plus more all gone, DeMelo Pionk learning our system , breaking in Niku a bit, Heinola a bit and Stanley, De Melo with a new born, the laine issue plus have any teams lost more man games than the jets the last couple of seasons? Yet we are 7-3-1 i am lost at the complaining

Reactions: GNP

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

Chiarot and Myers would be the top pairing on this team???
Seriously?
You'd have Myers and Chiarot out playing against the best lines of opposing teams?
Boolow played a good game yesterday but he should be a 4 or 5 LHD though.

Reactions: jetsairforce

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Chiarot and Myers would be the top pairing on this team???
Seriously?
You'd have Myers and Chiarot out playing against the best lines of opposing teams?
Boolow played a good game yesterday but he should be a 4 or 5 LHD though.

They absolutely would be playing first pair.
Last I checked both were playing first pair for their respective teams (maybe that’s changed, don’t know) and they’d complement each other nicely.
Maurice would love to have them.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Myers, Chiarot, Buf, Trouba plus more all gone, DeMelo Pionk learning our system , breaking in Niku a bit, Heinola a bit and Stanley, De Melo with a new born, the laine issue plus have any teams lost more man games than the jets the last couple of seasons? Yet we are 7-3-1 i am lost at the complaining

Who’s complaining here? The posts were in response to complaining, and now you are complaining about complaining about the complaining :P

Last edited:
Reactions: Pandemonia

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Boo-Boo isn't getting anywhere near the negative treatment that Myers is getting from the Vancouver fans and media.
Myers is also making roughly 6x as much money as Beaulieu is. Myers is horribly overpaid but was a luxury on our third pairing, and there is an argument to be made that Chiarot was too toward the end. Both are better than Beaulieu, who is not a luxury on the third pairing.

Reactions: JetsUK

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Why exactly where Morrissey and DeMelo broken up anyhow, they had a 50 plus % XGF whereas DeMelo has struggled with Stanley to the tune of a low 30's XGF% and Morrissey playing on his offside has not been nearly as effective with Beau (Which shouldn't surprise anyone).

I just don't get it.
Simple answer. It is because the coach is incompetent.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Exactly. The team is playing well right now and people are still bumhurt because a player that didn't want to play here got traded.
A player that wanted to be the top dog on the team and he didn't want to be here because there's too many good players here?
I honestly think he asked for too much and Chevy explained he didn't deserve it yet and wouldn't pay him for potential and didn't want to throw his pay scale out of whack.
KC signed the year before for 7.14m for 7 years and is producing like a star on his wat to becoming an elite scorer. I think Laine will score a lot of goals with the BJs but will sign elsewhere via free agency.
I hated that we traded him but was glad that we got PLD but when I listened to his interviews I was more on the side of if you don't wanna be here, and comment how many times that the Jets have so many good players and it is better that he is here (Columbus), it makes me shake my head.
The team is doing well and we have a great player about to added to the roster. People should lighten up and enjoy the game a bit more. Who knows, our division might come down with the virus and a bunch of games will be postponed.

Reactions: John Agar

RAFS

Feb 22, 2013
Ah, I see you only joined a couple of weeks ago. It's the norm here. Enjoy the ride.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
They absolutely would be playing first pair.
Last I checked both were playing first pair for their respective teams (maybe that’s changed, don’t know) and they’d complement each other nicely.
Maurice would love to have them.
Chiarot was being carried by Buff much the same way he is now by Weber. I'm not saying he might not line up at 2LHD on our D corps tomorrow but no way in the world is he better than JMo.
Myers playing against the top pairing would be a quick way to miss the playoffs. Poink is better is his own end, almost as much offence for about half the price.
It's not a good contract now and he's signed for 3 more seasons after this season.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Now I have a complaint... you... showing reason about their complaining... how can one complain incessantly... with reason...

:sarcasm:

tenor.gif

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
Why exactly where Morrissey and DeMelo broken up anyhow, they had a 50 plus % XGF whereas DeMelo has struggled with Stanley to the tune of a low 30's XGF% and Morrissey playing on his offside has not been nearly as effective with Beau (Which shouldn't surprise anyone).

I just don't get it.

Sure you do -it`s hidden right out in front of you.:laugh: I suspect that everything we are seeing now derives from the brutal playoff playin with Calgary last spring. I recall very vividly the pained look on Chevy`s face as our D were constantly "run" behind the net and in the corners, and could almost feel his determination that changes needed to happen. This probably explains, at least in part, Maurice starting this TC talking about a "balance in the D pairings" - balance being that each pairing would have one larger bodied guy! In Maurice`s view Morrissey needs a bigger guy for a partner and DeMelo ain`t that guy. So now we see Beaulieu with Morrissey:eek:

I put this out somewhat tongue in cheek. Let`s hope that Maurice/Huddy will resolve the D pairings with a bit more thought as to how they best function within the system and their actual performance numbers.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Why are people not happy unless players are skating around wearing clown colours?
They looked great on my TV, perhaps it is your settings.

Clown colours? You mean like Blackhawks, NYR, Les Canadiens, etc? Why are people not happy unless their sports team is dressed in drab, dark colours?

Give me some colour and contrast!

Reactions: Guardian17

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Beaulieu was fine with Stanley on average. It was just their last game that got ugly.

And while I'll admit DeMelo hasn't been his usual self, he's still put up better results than Morrissey or Beaulieu.

The coach love Beaulieu for whatever reason. I don't see him for Heinola any time soon. It would leave Mo without his PK/fighter guy, and that just won't happen.

I think you touched in it. With a coach like Paul he puts a big premium on a player that will stick up for teammates, even the score, block shots, play through broken bones , and also be really popular in the room. Nathan is one of those players player that I am sure has allot of respect from his teammates and yes the coach. I am not saying it right or wrong but it has a huge influence on Paul and allot of other coaches. I am still not sure Paul needs to go as far as elevating him but while we are winning it annoys me less.

Reactions: JetsUK

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think he is down to two or three left.

Nothing against Stanley at this point, but I want to see Heinola and Samberg. And please get Poolman back at 3RD, ASAP.

Once again, Paul has talked about not wanting players sitting in the PB too long without getting some game action - and then proceeded to do just that.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I feel like not having a fearsome shot probably helped Pionk on the powerplay. They gave him shooting lanes because of it and he shot for sticks and was very effective at it. A ton of his points came from deflected shots and rebounds resulting from those deflected shots. A booming shot from the point is nice but I'll take that accuracy over it any day.

Well, an accurate booming shot would be nice too. Ehlers has a surprisingly booming shot, for a smaller man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad