Speculation: Undrafted FA Thread (NCAA/CHL/Euro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
Immediate comparison/worst case scenario for us, is Jonathan Marchessault.

Funny enough , I just realized that Jonathan Audy-Marchessault IS Jonathan Marchessault.

I always thought they were 2 different guys:the latter, a typical Bolts gem ; the former, an unsuccessful Jackets bust.

He just dropped the Audy name! It was the same guy all along. Finkel IS Einhorn .

Reactions: DavePeak

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
We have enough contracts to give to sign 2, 3, 4 of these guys. And enough with "but it might be wasted contracts...". Not sure how we should call Eisehchmid, Parisi and Co. You do need to give NHL/AHL contracts to vets for Laval. But you can also fill out the rest with pure AHL contracts. So it gives you enough space for some UFA. You should give yourself at least 5-7 spots for those.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Their Q scouts just suck. Aside from DD and I really liked Frederic St.Denis and thought they should have given Alex Belzile another chance, what the **** did they even see in Philippe Lefebvre, Jack Nevins, Waked, Maxime Macenauer, Robert Mayer, Dany Masse (though I liked him), Peter Delmas, James Sanford, Alexander Ranger, etc..

Belzile comes from the village close to mine. He's having a good year in the AHL this year and seems to be developing into a legitimate AHL player. Would have been nice to keep him around. He's super talented with the puck, hence why he destroyed the ECHL last year. I guess he misses a bit of speed and toughness for the NHL, but he's definitely got the skillset and IQ.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Belzile comes from the village close to mine. He's having a good year in the AHL this year and seems to be developing into a legitimate AHL player. Would have been nice to keep him around. He's super talented with the puck, hence why he destroyed the ECHL last year. I guess he misses a bit of speed and toughness for the NHL, but he's definitely got the skillset and IQ.

I liked him when they had him in Hamilton, wasn't sure why they didn't bring him back. Glad to hear he's doing well in the AHL.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Immediate comparison/worst case scenario for us, is Jonathan Marchessault.

Funny enough , I just realized that Jonathan Audy-Marchessault IS Jonathan Marchessault.

I always thought they were 2 different guys:the latter, a typical Bolts gem ; the former, an unsuccessful Jackets bust.

He just dropped the Audy name! It was the same guy all along. Finkel IS Einhorn .

oh shit how did I not know this lol

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I caught the end of segment last night on RDS of Stephane Leroux talking about the headline of the Habs and Barre-Boulet. He did say that two players Habs may be more interested in from the Q are Alexandre Alain (who was invited their rookie camp) and I even liked what I saw in the only rookie game we could watch against the Leafs. I believe he had even scored.

Another name he mentioned that Habs may have interest in was Olivier Galipeau from Acadie-Bathurst Titan.

Some names I would like to see Habs sign as undrafted UFA's:
- Jimmy Schuldt
- Robby Jackson
- Alexandre Alain
- Olivier Galipeau

Probably won't happen that they all sign, but would be great to see. Schuldt, Jackson, and Alain have all been invited by Habs at camps this past summer.

Two LDs, 1 center, and 1 winger.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
gonna do good things for UNB next year. Neither of the Klima's are great skaters, unless they've drastically gotten better since they left Moncton.

Well I've recorded every Q game and Kevin Klima is outskating most opponents out there. And is freakin agile too. So I don't know if it has gotten better....but it sure as hell is workable.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I caught the end of segment last night on RDS of Stephane Leroux talking about the headline of the Habs and Barre-Boulet. He did say that two players Habs may be more interested in from the Q are Alexandre Alain (who was invited their rookie camp) and I even liked what I saw in the only rookie game we could watch against the Leafs. I believe he had even scored.

Another name he mentioned that Habs may have interest in was Olivier Galipeau from Acadie-Bathurst Titan.

Some names I would like to see Habs sign as undrafted UFA's:
- Jimmy Schuldt
- Robby Jackson
- Alexandre Alain
- Olivier Galipeau

Probably won't happen that they all sign, but would be great to see. Schuldt, Jackson, and Alain have all been invited by Habs at camps this past summer.

Two LDs, 1 center, and 1 winger.

I just don't see Alain as anything else but a Waked. Not interested. Jackson I like. Galipeau too. Haven't seen Schuldt play enough. Kid from RIT I mentioned last night and Hayden Lavigne in net from Michigan is somebody we could work with. Yes, we do have a lot of depth in net but that depth could diminuish fairly quickly. You drop Niemi, you trade Lindgren, Fucale is not in the books, it leaves you McNiven, Hawkey and Primeau. So another goalie might be fine.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
oh **** how did I not know this lol
I know , right?

Cause Audy-Marchessault is just another undersized Q overager bust who put up points against 3rd pairing scrubs on Rouyn-Noranda.

Marchessault is a tenacious undersized lion heart like Martin St-louis .

Completely different player.

Marchessault pulled a WWE style rebranding, changing his name after the first gimmick didn't work. Isaac Yankem turns into Kane.

Reactions: David Suzuki

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Well I've recorded every Q game and Kevin Klima is outskating most opponents out there. And is freakin agile too. So I don't know if it has gotten better....but it sure as hell is workable.

Hmmm yeah when he played in Moncton he was an alright player but never looked like a pro player. Wouldn't mind giving him a PTO tho.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Hmmm yeah when he played in Moncton he was an alright player but never looked like a pro player. Wouldn't mind giving him a PTO tho.

Well again, maybe he did improve from the time you saw him to now. I didn't pay too much attention at the start of the year. Sure, PTO would be fine with me too.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Another smallish player I always liked....Kosorenkov. Invite him as well.

Olivier Galipeau his outstanding ! I don't understand why he is not draft but we can't let him signed with an other team

I agree. It should have already been done.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
We had contract to waste we have a weak AHL team on Laval, we need local player, we have missed a few guys over the so it hard to trust that they have it right this time. TB might just be trolling MB they know that mtl media will make a big out of not signing him. I don’t want MB to make move to please the fafan and media but this I don’t see any down side to signing vs. The risk and drama of passing on him.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I just don't see Alain as anything else but a Waked. Not interested. Jackson I like. Galipeau too. Haven't seen Schuldt play enough. Kid from RIT I mentioned last night and Hayden Lavigne in net from Michigan is somebody we could work with. Yes, we do have a lot of depth in net but that depth could diminuish fairly quickly. You drop Niemi, you trade Lindgren, Fucale is not in the books, it leaves you McNiven, Hawkey and Primeau. So another goalie might be fine.

As a wild guess I wonder if Jackson will stay at SCSU for another year since he's only 20 and needs to bulk up more.

I like Lavigne, he was impressive vs Notre Dame the other week but it's a strong crop of undrafted FA goalies,

Cale Morrison (Notre Dame)
Matthew Galajda (Cornell)
Jake Kielly (Clarkson)
Tanner Jaillet (Denver)
Sean Romeo (Ohio St)
Hayden Lavigne (Michigan)

Plus one I really like is SCSU's David Hrenak, he was passed over in the last 2 drafts, not sure if he's played enough to get picked or not but I also didn't see him at the WJC's for Slovakia. He's taken over the starters job, heck I would even consider drafting him but it's just that we have so many goalies and they just don't hold the value to trade. But he has 3 years left at SCSU if need be and it's a good program with a top notch coach.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
As a wild guess I wonder if Jackson will stay at SCSU for another year since he's only 20 and needs to bulk up more.

I like Lavigne, he was impressive vs Notre Dame the other week but it's a strong crop of undrafted FA goalies,

Cale Morrison (Notre Dame)
Matthew Galajda (Cornell)
Jake Kielly (Clarkson)
Tanner Jaillet (Denver)
Sean Romeo (Ohio St)
Hayden Lavigne (Michigan)

Plus one I really like is SCSU's David Hrenak, he was passed over in the last 2 drafts, not sure if he's played enough to get picked or not but I also didn't see him at the WJC's for Slovakia. He's taken over the starters job, heck I would even consider drafting him but it's just that we have so many goalies and they just don't hold the value to trade. But he has 3 years left at SCSU if need be and it's a good program with a top notch coach.

Good point with Hrenak. And watching Poehling might mean watching him as well.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
ONe thing is sure....if the Habs want to have some kind of break from journalists and fans about that topic, they should sign 2 or 3 like right now. 'Cause frankly, look at the draft, and I don't see who from the Q might be interesting/best player at our spots. You look at the US program right now and the Habs could empty it in the first 2 rounds. There are so many interesting kids out there that you could go full American for the first 2 rounds. And I don't see a Q player capable of breaking this. Groulx maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad