Speculation: Undrafted FA Thread (NCAA/CHL/Euro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

John B

Nov 19, 2016
How are Tyler Boland and Maxime Fortier?
Boland is playing for the University of New Brunswick. 27 pts (7 goals) in 30 games. He's not signed with any NHL club. Fortier signed with Columbus. Looks like his production has progressed from last season 31 goals, 71 points in 57 games. I haven't seen either of them play though.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Someone has already seen this guy play? A lefty dman who 6'3 who puts great numbers in NCAA...Could be an interesting option?

Alec Rauhauser
I've seen Bowling Green play once in the past 2 years, against Northern Michigan I believe. They play in a weak conference as Montreal said, can't say I remember him much, outside of being a big kid . He's been productive everywhere, I guess I'll put him in my ''to keep an eye on'' list .

Reactions: Weber Fan

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So I went on H30 a few moments ago because I enjoy a good comedy show, and they wrote that Habs are one of a few teams who have met with Max Verroneau. Now, I don't take this as a news tidbit knowing where I read it.

However, I am wondering if anyone does know of this kid. 22 years old RW (6' and 181 lbs. according to Elite Prospects) who played for Princeton University in the NCAA the last 3 years.

He had 50 pts (15G, 35A) in 31 games this year.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
So I went on H30 a few moments ago because I enjoy a good comedy show, and they wrote that Habs are one of a few teams who have met with Max Verroneau. Now, I don't take this as a news tidbit knowing where I read it.

However, I am wondering if anyone does know of this kid. 22 years old RW (6' and 181 lbs. according to Elite Prospects) who played for Princeton University in the NCAA the last 3 years.

He went to the same school I went to in Gloucester so you know he's well educated :naughty: . He plays in the ECAC and I don't see Princeton a lot but he's by far their best forward. He's fast I can tell you that, plays a relatively mature game, very pass first, no real game breaking aspect but decent all around . Average size wise, no real issue there. Honestly I hadn't given him a lot of attention since the word was he was planning to play his senior year, I figured I'd only start keeping an eye on him next year. No reason not to give him an ELC if he's interested in making the jump now, he's got some potential, about similar to Evans I'd say at this point, i.e at least a decent AHLer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam Michaels

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

they did well enough with the last undrafted FA out of Princeton, not a program known for producing NHLers.

if they were looking at ECAC players, I'm surprised they wouldn't look at Sheldon Rempal, Nico Sturm and Devin Brosseau from Clarkson. They had to of seen them last year when watching Jordan Boucher.

John B

Nov 19, 2016
An interesting tidbit on eliteprospects.com. Chicago just signed Tyler Sikura (who has been playing for Chicago's farm team in Rockford), brother of Chicago pick Dylan Sikura who was rumored to be interested in testing free agency in August. A ploy to try to convince him to sign with them? Some people on various message boards seem to think that if Dylan were to opt for free agency that he would be the best prospect available out of the NCAA.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Vegas just signed undrafted FA Zach Whitecloud. He played in the WCHA (the same league as Rauhauser and Koberstein) he gave up his final 2 years in the NCAA to turn pro.
That's somewhat surprising, I don't remember him being rumored to turn pro this year at all and his game is still a bit of a work in progress at this point. You don't see that many sophomore go pro, unless they're a bit older ( like Rauhauser) .

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
That's somewhat surprising, I don't remember him being rumored to turn pro this year at all and his game is still a bit of a work in progress at this point. You don't see that many sophomore go pro .

he's a little older so perhaps that's why. With NCAA teams seasons ending tonight/tomorrow night and then next weekend for those not going to the Frozen Fours, should see a few guys turning pro. Will be interesting to see if we are in on any since Laval needs a lot of help.

John B

Nov 19, 2016
How would you guys rank the following defensemen? Alec Rauhauser, Jimmy Schuldt, Daniel Brickley, Jordan Gross, and Olivier Galipeau. How many of these guys are likely AHL filler and how many have a good chance of being NHLers?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
How would you guys rank the following defensemen? Alec Rauhauser, Jimmy Schuldt, Daniel Brickley, Jordan Gross, and Olivier Galipeau. How many of these guys are likely AHL filler and how many have a good chance of being NHLers?

never saw Galipeau. Rauhauser and Brickley play in a very weak conference so I don't get to see them. Gross I like a lot, Schuldt is interesting as well, don't see either having major NHL upside but would certainly be interested in signing either.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I like Lavigne, he was impressive vs Notre Dame the other week but it's a strong crop of undrafted FA goalies,

Cale Morrison (Notre Dame)
Matthew Galajda (Cornell)
Jake Kielly (Clarkson)
Tanner Jaillet (Denver)
Sean Romeo (Ohio St)
Hayden Lavigne (Michigan)

Plus one I really like is SCSU's David Hrenak, he was passed over in the last 2 drafts, not sure if he's played enough to get picked or not but I also didn't see him at the WJC's for Slovakia. He's taken over the starters job, heck I would even consider drafting him but it's just that we have so many goalies and they just don't hold the value to trade. But he has 3 years left at SCSU if need be and it's a good program with a top notch coach.

So they announced the finalists for the Mike Richter award, given to the top goalie in the league.

Cayden Primeau tabbed as Mike Richter Award semifinalist

Only 2 goalies on the list were drafted, Primeau and Point (stars) All the goalies I listed in my post as attractive FA's except Hayden Lavigne were finalists. Plus Connor LaCouvee who transferred from BU to Minnesota St (team that just swept Koberstein's team) and Hunter Shepard (UMD)

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
The Florida Panthers signed 20 years old Patrick Bajkov from the Everett Silvertips. Bajkov had a 30 goals, 62 assists for 92 points in 67 games.

Last edited:

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Exclusif : Marc Bergevin s'intéresse vraiment à Anthony Beauregard, un ancien des Foreurs maintenant à l'Université Concordia. #PTO? #Laval?

Reactions: S Bah

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Schuldt, Rauhauser and Brickley, those are the guys I want for the Habs. (ok perhaps not all 3 of them, but at the same time, why not... especially Brickley, big LHD, offensive and added a physical dimension this season, what's not to like when it's free)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad