Speculation: Undrafted FA Thread (NCAA/CHL/Euro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Schuldt, Rauhauser and Brickley, those are the guys I want for the Habs. (ok perhaps not all 3 of them, but at the same time, why not... especially Brickley, big LHD, offensive and added a physical dimension this season, what's not to like when it's free)
Add Jordan Gross to that list, he's been mister do-it-all on UND's blueline since his freshman year. Highly underrated player in my book.

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
There is a rumour going around that the Habs would be interested in Anthony Beauregard, currently playing for Concordia. Anyone have any opinions on him?

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
There is a rumour going around that the Habs would be interested in Anthony Beauregard, currently playing for Concordia. Anyone have any opinions on him?
He has the highest scoring out of all USports players, and by a sizable amount. Could be interesting for Laval.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
he has 4th line potential ! he is gretty, he hits alote and he is not fear to fight. He plays with alote of passion and he has an offensive touch ( 3 30 goals seasons and will maybe hit 40 this year)

What's his skating like ? Cause he sure can score and play physical, but I guess something's clicking if he wasn't drafted...

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Also, any interest in Morgan Adams-Moisan ? Limited, and probably doesn't hold a lot of pro potential, but learned how to score this year and knows how to use his size.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Nick Jones from North Dakota has impressed me, he transfered from Ohio St so he had to sit out a year, might be someone of interest if he wants to turn pro.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Who knows anything about college free agent center from Clarkson University Devin Brosseau and who are some other top college free agents besides D-man Daniel Brickley he will probably sign with a US team.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Another rumor of us being really interested in Max Véronneau

Maximilian Veronneau hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com

should get to see him at the Frozen Four Tournament since his team got the upset to win the ECAC championship so they get the auto bid but will be one of the bottom teams so they will get someone like Notre Dame or Cornell I'm guessing.

Who knows anything about college free agent center from Clarkson University Devin Brosseau and who are some other top college free agents besides D-man Daniel Brickley he will probably sign with a US team.

Haven't seen Brosseau but Clarkson has 3 interesting undrafted FA's and after the Habs brought in their teammate from last year Jordan Boucher, I would think the Habs will have a good idea if they should be interested in him or not.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Awesome. Thanks a lot. Hoping Habs are all over a few of them. Véronneau seems to be rumored to us.
He went to the same school I went to in Gloucester so you know he's well educated :naughty: . He plays in the ECAC and I don't see Princeton a lot but he's by far their best forward. He's fast I can tell you that, plays a relatively mature game, very pass first, no real game breaking aspect but decent all around . Average size wise, no real issue there. Honestly I hadn't given him a lot of attention since the word was he was planning to play his senior year, I figured I'd only start keeping an eye on him next year. No reason not to give him an ELC if he's interested in making the jump now, he's got some potential, about similar to Evans I'd say at this point, i.e at least a decent AHLer.
I talked about him a few days ago. I wouldn't expect too much out of him at the next level but he could be a decent AHLer at the very least. (Reading this again, I realize now I wasn't fair comparing him to Evans, Jake plays in a lot tougher division so his performance this year is more translatable to the next level ) .

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I talked about him a few days ago. I wouldn't expect too much out of him at the next level but he could be a decent AHLer at the very least. (Reading this again, I realize now I wasn't fair comparing him to Evans, Jake plays in a lot tougher division so his performance this year is more translatable to the next level ) .

Most undrafted Junior or Seniors no matter the conference they play in will NOT play any kind of NHL role anyway. But it takes just one to change a line dynamics. So we have some great openings as far as contracts are concerned. We should be wise with Laval, be sure to have a serious top 6 and build the rest of your lineup with some of our younger prospects and some AHL/ECHL contracts. And maybe other will come from those NCAA guys that we will indeed sign pros but might not eventually be strong enough....but we have to try. We are in no position to NOT look at everything that moves and have skates in their feet.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Most Junior or Seniors no matter the conference they play in will NOT play any kind of NHL role anyway. But it takes just one to change a line dynamics. So we have some great openings as far as contracts are concerned. We should be wise with Laval, be sure to have a serious top 6 and build the rest of your lineup with some of our younger prospects and some AHL/ECHL contracts. And maybe other will come from those NCAA guys that we will indeed sign pros but might not eventually be strong enough....but we have to try. We are in no position to NOT look at everything that moves and have skates in their feet.
Oh no, that's for sure. The whole depth group has to be rebuilt in Laval and the team needs to inject some talent there ASAP. The entire bottom 6 from this year could be gone, Laval needs a major retool. That and you know, better coaches, but that's another story.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Another center who is available as a free agent coming back over from Europe is Stephane Da Costa always puts up points,but has had injuries the last few seasons also Alexei Byvaltsev and Par Lindolm in the Swedish Elite league but he has 1 year left,would have to work out a deal to bring him over....also a winger like 23 year old Vladimir Tkachyov played in the QNJHL in the past known as a offensive small player just like Panarin when he came over as and signed with Chicago as an undrafted free agent.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
LHD who could be available as free agents Miika Koivisto who is 27 played for Finland at the Olympics who is a free agent as is Eric Autio another Finnish D-man who is a college free agent from Penn State.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The Habs have a very good NCAA scout in Dave Starman, or at least he's very knowledgeable about college hockey players. So hopefully they can uncover a few FA's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad