Post-Game Talk: Undefeated when Ryan Reaves plays!

3 celestial bodies

• Kevin “the hands” Rooney

• Big Reavo

• Alexander the Awful

• Julius Gauthier

• Alexey Laferanov

• 420 Blais it

• Fat Kakko

• Tyler Waldo

• Niles Lundsmith

• Patrick Meth

• Labor Hirek

• Greg Eggs

• Dylan Stone

• Dryden Hunts

• Michael Robertson

• William Cuylee

• Miguel Barron

• Schneider Bacon

• Lance Pastanemi

• Marcus Naslund

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sockosensei

May 13, 2007
Japan
I’m ready to see the full lineup, whatever it may be, with true combos.

Nemeth said in his interview they haven’t even talked about systems yet. Need to get going with that, whatever it may be.

10 days until the season starts, two preseason games left. Start Igor for a full and Georgy for the other one.

There are 8 days available for practices but they will be on their bonding trip for 3 (?) of them. The real games are coming up quick and not much time to work on systems.

Which leads me to believe (it’s no rocket science) that Gallant and Kelly will have a very simple system. Quinn would have had them practicing systems play already for 4 practices. Already overthinking shit.

That may be the reason alone Gallant isn’t pushing anything on them. Maybe he just wants to get to know the players and used the feedback from the exit interviews with Quinn.

Id be lying if I said it didn’t concern me a little. Gallant is extremely hands off with the players in a lot of ways. I don’t know if that’s will be a good or bad thing with this group.

If it were a rookie coach like Quinn taking this approach, I would have concerns. Gallant has a track record including a Jack Adams award, Jack Adams finalist, etc.

Gallant may have seen guys over-thinking things last year and it was slowing them down. Reaves said about Gallant, "He plays a simple style. It's not a really complicated program here..."

Purely speculating, but I could see him building slowly, for example choosing just one thing to focus on for, say, 10 games. Hammer that one point home until everyone's doing it on full auto. Then add the next point, 10 games. Before they know it, the team has a basic framework. Sure hoping it works;)

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
How has Nemeth played? Wasn't he signed because of Lundkvist?

He's taking up a spot from one of the kids and Tinordi skates like he's in quicksand.

I love how Barron has played. It sucks he'll probably not make it. Nice to have depth though.

I thought Nemeth was solid last night. Nothing flashy, but he defended well. He showed he's more than capable of doing what he was brought in for.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
How has Nemeth played? Wasn't he signed because of Lundkvist?

He's taking up a spot from one of the kids and Tinordi skates like he's in quicksand.

I love how Barron has played. It sucks he'll probably not make it. Nice to have depth though.

Nemeth was signed because he is a good defensive defenseman.

Reactions: THE BIG WHISTLE

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I’m still holding out hope that Gauthier gets a shot within the top nine. If not immediately, then, at least as soon as there’s an injury.

I think he'll find his way there via injury but he really needs to either find a way to score or to become defensively reliable and a penalty killer. I dont doubt he'll play in the nhl, but it wont be here because there's too much in front of him.

Reactions: egelband

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Is Kravtsov missing the bonding trip a concern? Is it going to staal his growth and development?

Reactions: tlk

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The fact that Robertson's first ever pro game (Against close to the Boston A team) looked anxious should not be a surprise to anyone.

K'Andre Miller did everything Matthew did the last few games and sometimes worse.

We don't need to rush the kid. A year, two years? He's 20. He's also found money if he succeeds given the depth of D prospects in the organization.

I get the feeling he and Schneider are going to make a hell of a tandem in Hartford.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I haven't really paid a ton of attention this preseason but skating has been one of Robertson's greatest strengths to this point in his career. He has always been regarded as an excellent skater.

It’s because he caught an edge defending Marchand and then he went in and scored. Yeah, skating is one of his strengths and I thought he showed plenty of it outside of that mistake

Reactions: nyr2k2 and E-Train

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I’m ready to see the full lineup, whatever it may be, with true combos.

Nemeth said in his interview they haven’t even talked about systems yet. Need to get going with that, whatever it may be.

10 days until the season starts, two preseason games left. Start Igor for a full and Georgy for the other one.

There are 8 days available for practices but they will be on their bonding trip for 3 (?) of them. The real games are coming up quick and not much time to work on systems.

Which leads me to believe (it’s no rocket science) that Gallant and Kelly will have a very simple system. Quinn would have had them practicing systems play already for 4 practices. Already overthinking shit.

That may be the reason alone Gallant isn’t pushing anything on them. Maybe he just wants to get to know the players and used the feedback from the exit interviews with Quinn.

Id be lying if I said it didn’t concern me a little. Gallant is extremely hands off with the players in a lot of ways. I don’t know if that’s will be a good or bad thing with this group.
Maybe it’s an evaluation process.

See how players instinctively play without certain parameters/restrictions . Then you can find the good combination.

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I’m sure someone here will remind you of that at season’s end if he doesn’t come anywhere near that. If you’re asking me you made a bad bet. I would think a 40 point season would be a pretty successful one for him this year. He’s got talent but he ain’t Panarin.

It's just Ed being Ed. Everyone I like is Gretzky, everyone I hate is Tanner Glass.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I hope everybody remembers that Kravtsov doesn’t believe in trying in the preseason. He said he found it strange that people told him to smile when he scored in the preseason, he said it doesn’t count! He means business. You’ll see by looking at his playoff stats that are the best in KHL history, he rises to the competition. He also plays down to it. That’s why he sucked in the AHL. He’ll also be far better in the NHL than KHL. 70pts and I have put some serious money on it!

You really are a spin master. He scored 4 points in about 20 games last year. Granted his minutes were limited but still. If he scores 50 it would be a major plus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad