Proposal: Ullmark for Andersen, Dermott, 2nd

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Half of it, Hyman will come in around 5, not 7. The remainder can go towards Ullmark, Driedger, Rittich, Smith, Raanta etc. in free agency. Whomever comes in at a price point that fits.
LOL.... you know Anderson makes 5 million right? and just admitted Hyman will get around 5 million. There will be about $2 million which might get you Smith.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
LOL.... you know Anderson makes 5 million right? and just admitted Hyman will get around 5 million. There will be about $2 million which might get you Smith.

Yes, the Leafs will run a tandem with the other goalie coming in around 2-3 million. I'm not interested in having an off topic discussion about the Leafs cap situation though. I'm sure there are plenty of threads available for you to discuss the Leafs off-season in if that's what floats your boat.

Reactions: 123offtheglass

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
Sabres are 6-5-3 with Ullmark..... and without 1-18-2. He won't be traded.

So what? He is a UFA. Are you hoping to make the playoffs?

He can re-sign in the off-season. Why wouldn’t Buffalo want assets for a guy who hasn’t signed yet???

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Exactly, he makes $2,250,000. Where did you think I came up with the $2 million from?? Anderson money goes to Hyman and Hyman's money goes to a goalie. This isn't hard.
your wording made it seem like you thought that Hyman would take all of Andersen's money.

That's also on the presumption that Hyman gets $5M in a flat cap market, and that the Leafs don't do anything else (Kerfoot).

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
This thread is a joke right? I like Ullmark but he's a UFA. That's not the cost.
Is there something I'm missing here? Andersen is dealing with a serious injury, has been poor this season and is a UFA to be. Dermott is a nothing burger, young depth defenseman. Zero future in Buffalo. The 2nd is ok, but it's likely a late pick in a poor draft (if the OP is intending for it to be in 2021) that most teams will be ill prepared for.
Ullmark might be a UFA at years end and he's had some injury issues, but he's been fantastic for Buffalo this year. Behind a really good Toronto team he could propel them deep in the playoffs. Seems like a no brainer for Toronto.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Is there something I'm missing here? Andersen is dealing with a serious injury, has been poor this season and is a UFA to be. Dermott is a nothing burger, young depth defenseman. Zero future in Buffalo. The 2nd is ok, but it's likely a late pick in a poor draft (if the OP is intending for it to be in 2021) that most teams will be ill prepared for.
Ullmark might be a UFA at years end and he's had some injury issues, but he's been fantastic for Buffalo this year. Behind a really good Toronto team he could propel them deep in the playoffs. Seems like a no brainer for Toronto.
I guess our disagreement would be in the valuation of Dermott.

I don't by any stretch believe he is a stud but he's been kind of blocked in Toronto. Last season when they had serious injuries (Rielly/Muzzin) he stepped up into the top pair and played very well.

If traded to Buffalo, he would definitely be in the top 4.

You're right on Andersen - if he's included in the trade it's because he's out for the year so not much value there. The 2nd rounder is quite valuable whether it's mid to late round. I guess I would have to look back to see what UFA goalies at Ullmark's level have gone for in the past. I don't consider Ullmark at Lehner's level but I do very much like Ullmark. Maybe the pick could be conditional depending on how far the Leafs would go or if he re-signs?

Crosscrease14

Dec 16, 2014
So the leafs are adding a potential top 4 D and a 2nd rounder to swap UFA goalies?

No thanks. Setting aside the fact that the expansion draft is looming goalies usually don't hold that kind of value.

Reactions: Marmoset and Ciao

Tairy Greene

Feb 2, 2020
If Campbell can stay healthy Leafs don't need this trade. Hindsite is always 20/20 though and if he goes down Leafs will have wished they picked up a good goalie because Andersen is not the guy anymore.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
As the title says, Ullmark for Andersen, Dermott and a 2nd (with Leafs retaining enough salary on Andersen to make it work).

Why for Buffalo?
Ullmark is a pending UFA, good chance he walks for nothing if the Sabres don’t trade him. Dermott has great advanced stats and plenty of potential, but is stuck on the bottom pair in Toronto, often looks like a 2nd pair D though. The a 2nd round pick is always nice to get.

If Andersen happens to work in Buffalo, there’s a chance to re-sign him, but obviously the main value here is Dermott and a 2nd.

Why for Toronto?
This is a good year to go hard for the cup, but it seems Andersen has cracked under the pressure of Toronto media. Wouldn’t surprise me if he returns somewhat to form elsewhere, but don’t see it happening in Toronto. Betting our whole season on Campbell is too risky, having a Campbell/Ullmark tandem for the playoffs is far more comforting.

Dermott is a good player but Sandin is nearly healthy and can take his minutes without too much drop off, and I think Dermott could use a change of scenery too. Dermott and a 2nd is worth it to solidify our goaltending for the playoffs.

Thoughts? Who says no?
Buffalo declines. Andersen has no value in this to Buffalo. Dermott and a second ??? Dont see it. With so many teams needing a goalie the market will be red hot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad