GDT: UFC on ESPN: Tsarukyan vs. Gamrot/Bellator 282: Mousasi vs. Eblen/PFL 5

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Tsarukyan is only 25 which is pretty insane and in this division there's still a lot of good fights all over the place for him. Him vs. Brad Riddell would be a great fight.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
This is pretty much how I saw it too, I think people are annoyed because Arman was more convincing in winning those two first rounds, whereas Garmot's winning rounds were a lot closer.
Round 4 was not close.

They had to have ruled a spinning back fist to the chin as a slip, otherwise there’s no excuse

bov

Nov 13, 2010
21-7 seems way off for round 4. I don't always use the striking numbers as absolute indicators of the significant strikes landed, kind of like hits in the NHL.

Reactions: I am not exposed

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1656221006182.png

Reactions: Taytro

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Gamrot won over irrelevant takedowns...

The only argument I’ve gotten is “grappling exchanges”. There was no damage! A sub was not close! He got outstruck 21-7 and got dropped!

Not close.

If anything the exchanges are in favor of Arman, he got out of the holds with ease.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
That's like saying those strikes that Arman landed are irrelevant because Garmot took it like a man and didn't get KOed lol.

The difference is the takedowns were contested, the strikes landed clean - especially the kicks.

That being said, very impressive by Gamrot for eating those.

But a unanimous decision for Gamrot is a joke.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
21-7 seems way off for round 4. I don't always use the striking numbers as absolute indicators of the significant strikes landed, kind of like hits in the NHL.

It’s not, he was landing hard to the body with the kicks.

And he dropped him. Dropping somebody >>>>>>>>>> takedowns with control time according to the scoring criteria.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Is Fiziev even a good wrestler/grappler? Arman gave Islam fits and Garmot showed that he was the better wrestler tonight.
He’s got pretty good takedown defense and is a far more explosive striker than Tsarukyan is

155 is filled with so much talent, they’re gonna cannibalize each other

member 51464

I just rewatched Round 4. Gamrot winning is fine. I mean, it is a sport with judging. I don't just want strike count alone to determine winners.

That said, had it gone the other way, I wouldn't be mad. It was a close fight and round. I saw the spin-to-drop as more about balance than damage on the rewatch and 2nd watch of the alternate angle replay.

The sub attempt may not have been close, but it was as close to finishing the fight as the spinning strike, imo. aka, not that close.

Hopefully Tsarukyan does not get too down on himself. He is clearly talented and has a bright future. Hopefully it lights a fire under him and he comes back even better.

Reactions: I am not exposed

bov

Nov 13, 2010
It’s not, he was landing hard to the body with the kicks.

And he dropped him. Dropping somebody >>>>>>>>>> takedowns with control time according to the scoring criteria.
You're the only person on earth who is saying that round "wasn't close". Clear as day, a very competitive round to anyone who watched it except you apparently. 21-7 doesn't tell the story at all and I would dispute those numbers anyway, they've been inaccurate plenty of times before. A flash knockdown isn't the end of the world.

Did you lose money on it?

Reactions: member 51464

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
You're the only person on earth who is saying that round "wasn't close". Clear as day, a very competitive round to anyone who watched it except you apparently. 21-7 doesn't tell the story at all and I would dispute those numbers anyway, they've been inaccurate plenty of times before. A flash knockdown isn't the end of the world.

A flash knockdown is better than a takedown that leads to absolutely nothing.

• Haha
Reactions: Taytro

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

A flash knockdown is more damage than what was landed by Gamrot’s 1 strike a minute and control time and guess what? That’s the criteria! That’s without factoring in 21-7 (dispute all you want it was clear as day Tsarukyan got the better of the striking that round…mainly because Gamrot didn’t strike!)

I lost $0 on that. I lost on Paiva, which was a fair decision. I just hate inconsistent scoring.

If you want to go back to the old rules then Gamrot won the round. It’s not the old rules and hasn’t been scored like that in awhile

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

This is what I’m talking about. Did they change the criteria this week? I just want to know what rules they are using week to week, that’s all.

*note the revised sig strikes, still indicating a Tsarukyan edge ESPECIALLY when considering the KD

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island

This is what I’m talking about. Did they change the criteria this week? I just want to know what rules they are using week to week, that’s all.

*note the revised sig strikes, still indicating a Tsarukyan edge ESPECIALLY when considering the KD

It's how they can manipulate the betting. Judges are there for control.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad