GDT: UFC on ESPN: dos Anjos vs. Fiziev

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Out of this new crop at 155 I think Fiziev may have the most personality, which does matter a little bit

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Out of this new crop at 155 I think Fiziev may have the most personality, which does matter a little bit

Yeah it's not great in general from a personality standpoint.. that new crew might have some issues there

Jalin Turner might be the guy, though

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah it's not great in general from a personality standpoint.. that new crew might have some issues there

Jalin Turner might be the guy, though
Dude owns so many spiders, he’s a weirdo and I like it

Reactions: m9

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Apparently Cedric Doumbe picked up a win this weekend- he’s an elite kickboxer making the transition. Apparently looked relatively well-rounded in just his 2nd mma fight. I bet we’ll see him in the UFC or Bellator by the end of 2023

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Fantastic win for Fiziev. I've got nothing but respect for RDA and Fiziev was just the better fighter. I think him being up 3-1 going into the 5th is correct, but obviously getting the finish instead of squeaking out a 48-47 decision (which was the direction it was trending) looks much, much better. A little bit of a concern with the cardio, but otherwise, he looked fantastic. Lightning fast hands, great TDD, looked to be stronger than RDA who's obviously a big guy and fought at WW, power carried late, ate some big shots.

Tough call on what to do next. As good of a win as it was, I'm still not a 100% believer in him vs. a Poirier or Gaethje or Chandler. I'm not a 100% believer in Dariush, either. So if you put those 2 guys against Poirier/Gaethje/Chandler, it's a risk they both lose and if Oliveira beats Islam (big IF), what's next? I guess maybe you give Volk a shot. I don't know. I don't usually support guaranteeing to kill off a potential title challenger, but in this case, I think I'd do Fiziev-Dariush in a #1 contender's fight. Give us some big name fights with some combination of Poirier, Gaethje, Chandler, and Conor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad